It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A World War Has Begun; Insightful article in the Off-Guardian newspaper by John Pilger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have come across the following article, published in the Guardian newspaper here in the UK, written by the Australian journalist and broadcaster John Pilger. In it, he talked about his visits to the Marshall Islands, home of numerous US nuclear bomb tests, and then went on to say that the US is preparing to initiate armed conflict, as under Obama they have increased production of nuclear weapons and delivery systems massively.
It also mentions the gradual buildup of US forces in various places around the world, such as on the Russian borders via Ukraine, and joint war exercises with Australia around the Chinese territorial waters.
The article goes on to predict that if Hillary Clinton gains the Presidency, then it may not be too long before matters come to a head.

Pilger has, for a long time, been a well-respected and insightful journalist, and his articles usually carry some weight, so I would ask what members make of this theory, and where it may (or possibly will) lead.

A World War Has Begun: Break the Silence - Off-Guardian
edit on 3.28.2016 by Kandinsky because: Edited to correct link and source

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Meh, an apologist for Sino-Soviet hegemony with an axe to grind against"American Imperialism".
As if the world would be better off with those powers in control.

Sure the US has become corrupt but we're not that far gone yet, where China & Russia have a long long history of despots & tyrants.
No the US & Western Europe are still the worlds best shot at reason & equality, but can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
K~

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: royspeed

Of course, there's been a hidden war going on for ages

Ever wondered why the sudden drop in oil prices ? War against Russia for what they did in Ukraine, it's no coincidence that Russia's economy depends heavily on oil prices and its export

Syria ? Russia's intervention ? That was a F you from Putin to the West and their Saudi allies for what they did with the oil prices

But everything is edging towards a conventional war that will no longer be hidden, it's just a matter of when, not if

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is for the next president not Obama.

Valerie Jarrett would hear of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i cant help but think the world is gaining momentum
in its slide down the toilet.

things are looking darker every day.
edit on 27-3-2016 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: royspeed
I have come across the following article, published in the Guardian newspaper here in the UK, written by the Australian journalist and broadcaster John Pilger. In it, he talked about his visits to the Marshall Islands, home of numerous US nuclear bomb tests, and then went on to say that the US is preparing to initiate armed conflict, as under Obama they have increased production of nuclear weapons and delivery systems massively.
It also mentions the gradual buildup of US forces in various places around the world, such as on the Russian borders via Ukraine, and joint war exercises with Australia around the Chinese territorial waters.
The article goes on to predict that if Hillary Clinton gains the Presidency, then it may not be too long before matters come to a head.
Pilger has, for a long time, been a well-respected and insightful journalist, and his articles usually carry some weight, so I would ask what members make of this theory, and where it may (or possibly will) lead.

Pilger has an impressive record since the 1960's, mostly works as an independent reporter other than reporting in the Mirror when it was a serious newspaper until Robert Maxwell sacked him?? and, with extensive war correspondence as well. He is well deserved to be listened to, or rather, not someone to easily ignore.
His critique is not singular in any way, and has bashed his own country Australia from time to time.

I'll add a link to to most of his documentaries starting here,
www.youtube.com...
Shoot him down all you like, but it would need to be good, and while he's been around for a long time and now at 77-78 people should be thankful that he's still doing his job.

edit on 27-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You and others might like to read this one as well . Russia is no fool and are not going anywhere . Its all about a deterrent .

Russia’s chess surprise Now Russia has revealed a surprise, a brilliant form of checkmate as in chess. They announced an answer to Washington’s expanding Ballistic Missile “Defense” sites that today exist not only in Poland and the Czech Republic but also in Romania and Turkey. Russia’s government has just announced that it has developed a new “bleeding edge” missile technology that would make the hundreds of billions in dollars that the USA has spent on encircling Russia (and China) with BMD installations utterly worthless. It’s a new ultra-advanced ICBM called RS-26. Russia’s advanced RS-26 intercontinental ballistic missile has a range of 11,000 km. For illustration, Washington DC is 7843 kilometers from Moscow. The new RS-26 also is capable of a continuously changing trajectory, meaning that it can penetrate even the most advanced missile defense shields. According to a report in the Chinese media after their military leaders were shown a demonstration, even though it weighs just 80 tons, compared to the 120-ton RS-24 Yars predecessor, the Rubezh loads a frightening 1,2 megatons into its four 300 kiloton warheads. Moreover, its booster stage is under five minutes, which means that NATO radars in Europe will have no time to register the launch. Adding to NATO BMD problems, during the descending section of its trajectory, at only a few hundred kilometers to the target, the missile’s warheads suddenly take a dive, lose altitude, and continue the approach as a cruise missile. Now in this light a recent statement by Mikhail Ulyanov, director of the Russian Foreign Ministry’s Department for Non-Proliferation and Arms Control, regarding the announced US deployment of upgraded US B61-12 nuclear bombs in Europe takes on an interesting new light. Ulyanov, without elaborating, told a recent press conference in Moscow, “the Russian reaction to the deployment of new US bombs will be adequate, and its parameters will be determined by a thorough analysis of all circumstances…” journal-neo.org...
journal-neo.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would say the recent world war started back in 2001. With weapons manufacturing making a large part of the US economy, there is a 'war is good for profit' agenda and policy in action.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Meh, an apologist for Sino-Soviet hegemony with an axe to grind against"American Imperialism".
As if the world would be better off with those powers in control.

Sure the US has become corrupt but we're not that far gone yet, where China & Russia have a long long history of despots & tyrants.
No the US & Western Europe are still the worlds best shot at reason & equality, but can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
K~

No not really. Your american empire apologism would show that you aren't really aware of the history of American interventionism.

The US has factually, no conspiracy theory, continually invaded, regime-changed, undermined, or sanctioned countless countries that didn't go along with our interests. Many of those who were regime-changed were democracies. In many of those circumstances, we installed dictators. The history of Latin America alone proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The Guardian is about as anti-American as you can get from an English-speaking country. Several of the "facts" that you quote from him are wrong. Good Lord! Knowing Obama, how can he write such crap and the Guardian print it without some fact checking--oh, right, anti-American.

But, yes, does seem like it is closer than it has for several decades, but it is doubtful that the US will be the start or instigator of it. By the way, what is that little jerk in North Korea saying about the US? Surely, the Guardian prints his stuff and perhaps even promotes his latest video showing the nuking of America?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Pilger is one of the very few investigative journalists left with any balls. His track record speaks for itself really and he's written some amazingly scathing and in depth books. I'm not sure why he let Trump off the hook in that article though, seems like he got off light to say the least.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think they're down to about 12 months of reserves to blow through before a hail-Mary move of some sort. I don't know that anyone wants a major war it's more that pressures require a relief valve and we're out of options to control the release without mass bloodshed. I've been saying since shortly after the "great recession" started nothing would really burst until the end of 2015 earliest, but likely before 2020. Maybe a little while yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I lost my faith in the Guardian when they constantly deleted my comments when I pointed out some of their articles were self indulgent misleading knee jerk reactions by the journalist.
When confronted with actual statistics my comments were wiped,I hope this turns out to be more of an article of personal opinion rather than substance as who the hell wants a Nuclear War?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Sure the US has become corrupt but we're not that far gone yet

It actually is. You know why the world right now it is for what it is now? because of America's polices agaisnt other countries. Whatever you hated it the soviets or not at least there were not so many terrorist attacks back then compared to now.

Europe was far better off. Then what it is now.
edit on 28-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Just for the purposes of accuracy this article is not from The Guardian, a legitimate UK publication but rather it appears a website set up by "people from different parts of the world committed to the original vision which drew us together on The Guardian‘s CiF pages".

off-guardian.org...

Not sure how much weight or validity this removes/adds to the article but worth mentioning I thought!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
i cant help but think the world is gaining momentum
in its slide down the toilet.

things are looking darker every day.

Well there should be light at the end of the tunnel than.....and a sanitation engineer.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0010110011101
Just for the purposes of accuracy this article is not from The Guardian, a legitimate UK publication but rather it appears a website set up by "people from different parts of the world committed to the original vision which drew us together on The Guardian‘s CiF pages".

off-guardian.org...

Not sure how much weight or validity this removes/adds to the article but worth mentioning I thought!

I think this needs to be made clear in the OP and the original poster needs to change the thread title to reflect this fact.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
John Pilger is an intelligent and well-informed man, not to be taken lightly. He makes rather excellent points on the hypocrisy of Obama's peace prize and ascribed notion as "cool" president. He has a lot of blood on his hands, or rather he would if drones didn't do his dirty work. While calling out North Korea and Iran as posturing scornfully, the United States has been hypocritically threatening and provoking endlessly.

Our free western democracies are ironically corrupt, rigged elections and an ever-encroaching police state. Necessities in retaining a stranglehold on power.

John Pilger's documentary on South America is very edifying:

a reply to: aethertek
This is a rather feeble apologist dismissal of imperialism, invasion, occupation, assassination, et cetera. But of course, not being on the receiving end, it is rather easy to repudiate.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I like this part:

Donald Trump is a symptom of this, but he is also a maverick. He says the invasion of Iraq was a crime; he doesn’t want to go to war with Russia and China. The danger to the rest of us is not Trump, but Hillary Clinton. She is no maverick. She embodies the resilience and violence of a system whose vaunted exceptionalism is totalitarian with an occasional liberal face.

That's what I thought for a while now - that he is the one who is actually less sneaky.

I just have a feeling of her being a good nurse on an abortion clinic. Always kind with smile on her face, leaving women with good memories of the "PROCEDURE". Or a stern nurse taking blood or vaccinating little Africans.

BTW: I like women who can't stand even seing blood. Nurses are scary. People choosing this industry have to be deviant.This and army...)
edit on 28/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: some more content

edit on 28/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything Pilger said without double checking it. These days he is basically a propagandist. He has been caught out numerous times lying and making stuff up, google it, and he's a bit of a joke and a bit mad. Take him with a big grain of salt. He is a bit of a laughing stock now most serious journos don't take much notice of him. I've seen him on a panel show here is aus and another journo said OK John now you are telling lies again and the audience was laughing...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join