It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents went on Rampage during Easter Egg hunt Children Pushed one hurt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958
they had different ages, different sections of the field for each age group, at different times, and, I imagine that if they allowed any parents to help, it would have been just for very youngest. the parents just didn't follow the rules.
I searched a little while online, and well, there were plenty of egg hunts that went down without a hitch across the country, some I believe had more people than this one did. I only found two others that had problems, and one of those was when someone came onto the scene saying someone was trying to shoot him, ended in a big drug bust nearby, but I don't think it was in anyway related to the egg hunt, and the other was where they had a small number of presold tickets so they didn't really expect a large crowd and well, they got a rather large crowd, some of the people got a little unruly and when they started acting threatening to the police that came in, well, they were arrested (so much for the bad behavior being solely in the ranks of the poor welfare people wanting freebies, that one was a charity event that charged admission.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Competition allowed between children and adults has 'BAD IDEA' written all over it.

Not shocked.

Competition brings out all kinds of primitive, aggressive behavior.

Yeah competition to see who can get the most free stuff, it seems there is an element of adults who just never grew up god knows how their kids are going to end up....I really think people that act this way are so addicted to advertising when free or bargain come into their sights it unleashes some sort of materialistic madness sort of like a rabid dog

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Where is all the footage of this rampage?

I find it hard to believe nobody thought to take video with their phones.

There's no time to take video! If you do, you won't have any eggs for you kid. Get with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Who says Easter egg hunts are only for kids? That's hateful and exclusionary. Those children need to check their kid privilege.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Where is all the footage of this rampage?

I find it hard to believe nobody thought to take video with their phones.

Its the daily mail. Which means that all that happened is one kid got tripped up accidentally...but since this is the most disgusting paper the UK publishes (even worse that the Sun)..they needed to embellish it.

I'm suprised they didn't blame refugees or muslims in generel for what happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have to come clean with this one. While raising my chubby-cheeked Minnesota kids, we attended a community Easter egg hunt in the eighties. My husband was with with my 5 yr old son and I stayed with my 4 yr old daughter. When they blew the whistle my daughter and I stood like frozen statues as hoards of parents and kids raced past us. Never could see my son. While trying to console my sweet little blond baby girl and find an egg for her pretty basket the loud speaker was announcing the finder of the golden egg, which meant a big gift. I was shocked, both years, to see my son being rewarded. At least he shared a few eggs with his sister; she loved the eggs; she was happy. I asked his secret after finding the second golden egg; he told me he didn't want any old eggs unless they were gold. He said his father told him only the gold ones mattered. Been divorced for 15 years; guess I wasn't the golden egg he was searching for.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I have to come clean with this one. While raising my chubby-cheeked Minnesota kids, we attended a community Easter egg hunt in the eighties. My husband was with with my 5 yr old son and I stayed with my 4 yr old daughter. When they blew the whistle my daughter and I stood like frozen statues as hoards of parents and kids raced past us. Never could see my son. While trying to console my sweet little blond baby girl and find an egg for her pretty basket the loud speaker was announcing the finder of the golden egg, which meant a big gift. I was shocked, both years, to see my son being rewarded. At least he shared a few eggs with his sister; she loved the eggs; she was happy. I asked his secret after finding the second golden egg; he told me he didn't want any old eggs unless they were gold. He said his father told him only the gold ones mattered. Been divorced for 15 years; guess I wasn't the golden egg he was searching for.

I dont understand what you are coming clean about...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014 I am embarrassed that I actually attended, twice, Easter egg hunts with my children and married to one of the aggressive parents who ran over others so their kid could get the big prize. They weren't there for just a nice fun Easter egg hunt.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014 I am embarrassed that I actually attended, twice, Easter egg hunts with my children and married to one of the aggressive parents who ran over others so their kid could get the big prize. They weren't there for just a nice fun Easter egg hunt.

Gotcha. But nowhere in your story do you suggest that your son or your ex pushed anyone or didnt find the egg by any other means than good luck. I'll take our word for it that he was a d*ck by the way, not arguing with you on that lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yeah baby, America this is your life:

edit on 28-3-2016 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014 Hope you had a happy Easter... sounds like you need one.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

Yeah baby, America this is your life:

Thats so sad and pathetic.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014 Hope you had a happy Easter... sounds like you need one.

LOL, does it?

But thanks, you too.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
A company sponsors a fun event for the children.

Crazed, immature parents ruin it and then they try to blame it on the company hosting the event.

Those parents should be outed and shamed. Anyone blaming it on PEZ is so irrational it boggles the mind. It's like saying after someone bashes a persons head in with a baseball bat, its the fault of the bat. Even basic critical thinking skills are in short supply these days.

Or it's like hillary wanting to sue the gun maker if someone is shot.

Yes, I went there.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I know this is horrible, but it reminds me of the Jewpacabra episode of South Park.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

This is why my extended family gets together, everyone chips in some candy or little toys, we all stuff the plastic eggs, and go hide them (sometimes more than once). The kids get to hunt and find eggs until they're worn out. My cousin buys extra bags of candy and stands there chucking some in the air onto the hunters!

No one is trampled, everyone has more than enough, and it's a good time for everyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Ignorant parents with low IQ's and no sense of dignity or self respect.
Unfortunately we have a lot of them in UK, just as you guys over the pond do.
These are the same breed of Human you Americans get swarming the stores on Black Friday.

Mouth-breathing, barely-literate, selfish, irresponsible people who should never have had kids when they were 16.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Adults are jerks.

I used to hand out candy in front of my parents store every year for Halloween. EVERY YEAR I argued with ASSHOLES trying to tell them the candy is for kids, and that since its NYC we would run out and turn kids away eventually, so EVERY piece of candy counts. Its one more kid I can make happy.

They would lose their freaking minds over a snickers. I had to stop with that tradition because the last year I almost fought a man who kept trying to shove his hand into my box of candy. It was bad.

He wasnt even homeless or insane, just a jerk with no children. His dirt bag wife stayed behind to yell insults at me in front of the kids. Then they hit up the next store giving out candy out and took handfuls....

The worst were the nasty old ladies who were used to taking free crap from everyone their entire lives. COMPLETE FILTH.
Social parasites. Insultingly entitled. I could describe them in greater detail....but that would look wrong.

I wish I could go around tazering adults ruining things like this event for kids.

Shame on them all.

Happy easter my ass.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Adults are jerks.

I used to hand out candy in front of my parents store every year for Halloween. EVERY YEAR I argued with ASSHOLES trying to tell them the candy is for kids, and that since its NYC we would run out and turn kids away eventually, so EVERY piece of candy counts. Its one more kid I can make happy.

They would lose their freaking minds over a snickers. I had to stop with that tradition because the last year I almost fought a man who kept trying to shove his hand into my box of candy. It was bad.

He wasnt even homeless or insane, just a jerk with no children. His dirt bag wife stayed behind to yell insults at me in front of the kids. Then they hit up the next store giving out candy out and took handfuls....

The worst were the nasty old ladies who were used to taking free crap from everyone their entire lives. COMPLETE FILTH.
Social parasites. Insultingly entitled. I could describe them in greater detail....but that would look wrong.

I wish I could go around tazering adults ruining things like this event for kids.

Shame on them all.

Happy easter my ass.

That's awful.

Yikes

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

nasty old ladies, huh??? how old? because, well, the older they are the more likely they were to have been married and widowed. ya know, raised kids, kept the house, sometimes worked a paid job on the side sometimes not...
in which case they probably didn't get everything for free all their lives!
want to know what happens when the full time housewife loses their husband when they didn't really manage to save enough and all the kids have flown the coop? they are # out of luck, especially if they have been suffering from unattended health problems that keep them from working and budgets that keep them from being able to get a confirmed diagnoses from a doctor. they've haven't been participating in the workforce, or they have spotty work histories, and the economy is tough, ain't no employer gonna hire someone in their 50's with their kind of work history unless they can prove that they are highly skilled in an area, they are in morning and their mind is probably a tad bit messed up so forget about going into business.....cripes it took me half a year just to be able to go grocery shopping without breaking down crying in the store (we always did the shopping together).... and all welfare will offer you is a small amount of food stamps and some heating assistance, and maybe a little bit of help with the electric bill in the hot summer and cold winters.....but of course, you need to keep a roof over your head to continue getting those things!

so, that nasty old lady who throughout her adult years have worked, has worried about how to keep clothes on her kids while they were growing up, how to buy the medicine they needed, and how to stay working when she had to hang onto tables while walking....all the while probably pitching in to help some of you younger adults have all these things and more, and most certainly her husband did, is told tough crap, can't help you by that same gov't for close to a year.
I can see why she looks older than she it and is a bit nasty to some! treat people like crap and well... you can expect crap to be given back to you.

by the way, where are you guys getting trick or treaters from? we used to buy candy but well, ended up eating all but a few pieces ourselves, finally just decided not to waste our money and just turned the lights off and hid ourselves away. the church down the street where I live now has a big thing for the kids and I think that's where most of them go here. It's gotten too dangerous for the little kids, that's why the tradition is dying out. either that or they are all too busy out spooning...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join