It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents went on Rampage during Easter Egg hunt Children Pushed one hurt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Marauding parents in Easter Egg hunt rampage: Out-of-control adults push children to the ground, steal their buckets and leave one four-year-old 'bloody' at chaotic free event
Children were trampled as 1,000 people stormed the PEZ center field
9,000 eggs were laid out on three different age-bracketed sections
But when the egg hunt started, 'parents stormed the field stealing eggs'
One four-year-old was left 'bloody', many toddlers 'pushed into the mud'

An Easter egg hunt descended into chaos on Saturday after parents in Orange, Connecticut, stormed the field.
Children as young as four were trampled by adults in a rampage to steal buckets and grab as many of the 9,000 hidden eggs as possible from the third annual free event at the PEZ headquarters.

One four-year-old son was left 'bloody' on the sports field and a two-year-old girl was shoved into the mud, witnesses claimed.
A horrified parent described the scene as 'an angry mob of chaos' with 'not one toddler hunting for eggs' among the crowds of adults.

www.dailymail.co.uk... four-year-old-bloody-chaotic-free-event.html

I have always thought Easter egg hunts were for children only.

What is surprising to me is, these parents have no respect for children and their behavior of out of control GREED.

I am guessing the dumbing down process of the last three generation of adults in America have "succeeded", and this is one of the results that these adults have learned in government controlled education.

So ATSer's what is your opinions to why these parents behave this way?
edit on 27-3-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Fat, greedy, selfish #s.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Who knew that Christmas shopping and now Easter Egg hunts would become full contact sports?

Disgraceful

Even though I kinda giggled about the girl being shoved into the mud. Yeah, I know how bad that sounds...

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Nothing says Spring and the resurrection of Jesus like beating small children over candy!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where is all the footage of this rampage?

I find it hard to believe nobody thought to take video with their phones.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This was not an easter egg hunt. It was a promotional event for a candy company capitalizing on a religious holiday. The company, Pez International was looking for a world record to use as advertising to further their commercial image.

This is 2016 an by now any intelligent adult should know that when large numbers of people are gathered together things happen in the neurons of our brains that bring overly survivalist reactions to stimuli.

These parents came on to the egg field to guard their children and help them have a 'successful' egg hunt as there were so many people their already. Imagine promising your young child a good time at an easter egg hunt only to realize that their child would not get any eggs, so they entered the field to help their children.

I place the blame for this fiasco squarely on the shoulders of that Pez company in creating an environment rife with dangers for little children. I would like to see some of these parents sue that company into the ground. Pez is famous for gimiicky little pills of pure sugar dispensed from overpriced cartoon figurines designed to appeal to little children.

I say bosh to Pez and their promotional stunts.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When you can get something for nothing, some people will become survivalists in the blink of an eye. Taking anyone, including kids, down if they stand in the way.

Happy Easter people!!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Bunch of lies.

Instincts kick in only if we want them to.

Everyone have ther own mind. If people run in chaos and trample someone and kill him, those people should go to JAIL. Because SURVIVAL INSTINCTS is ****. Pure 100% ****. Or you controll yourself or you must suffer the consequences.

The trash parents should be to blame not the company. The company is innocent. It only wanted to make a record so they to sell their stuff. The EVIL USELESS PARENTS are to blame. The company SHOULD SUE the greedy parents.

edit on 27-3-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: fixed minor errors

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It's not Pez's fault grown-ass adults can't act civilized, that's ALLLLL on the parents there. Just goes to show it doesn't matter what the company does (product/service/etc) if they try to do even one nice thing for their community, greedy idiots will ruin it, and others will blame the company, period.
edit on 3/27/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is why we can't have nice things

Has anyone linked this to Donald Trumps rhetoric yet?
edit on 27-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The smart thing to do would be for the adults to let the little kids collect all the eggs FIRST...THEN mug them.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

Bunch of lies.

Everyone have ther own mind. If people run in chaos and trample someone and kill him, those people should go to JAIL. Because SURVIVAL INSTINCTS is ****. Pure 100% ****. Or you controll yourself or you must suffer the consequences.

The trash parents should be to blame not the company. The company is innocent. It only wanted to make a record so they to sell their stuff. The EVIL USELESS PARENTS are to blame. The company SHOULD SUE the greedy parents.

How do you figure that my observations are a pack of lies? Oh I see, you believe that millions of years of genetic and mental programming leading to instinctual behavior is nonsense.

Nevermind.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

It's not Pez's fault grown-ass adults can't act civilized, that's ALLLLL on the parents there. Just goes to show it doesn't matter what the company does (product/service/etc) if they try to do even one nice thing for their community, greedy idiots will ruin it, and others will blame the company, period.

So Pez was just being a good neighbor. After making it's money by targeting little children with plastic toys to push their little sugar pills for decades and decades. Now they are just trying to do something nice for the neighborhood. And you say that greedy idiots will ruin it? Then you say that others will blame the company. Are you saying that because I blame the company, that I am an idiot?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A company sponsors a fun event for the children.

Crazed, immature parents ruin it and then they try to blame it on the company hosting the event.

Those parents should be outed and shamed. Anyone blaming it on PEZ is so irrational it boggles the mind. It's like saying after someone bashes a persons head in with a baseball bat, its the fault of the bat. Even basic critical thinking skills are in short supply these days.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Parents? And we know this how?

Maybe some were parents... a few... but I'm betting there were far more non-parent adults causing the havoc and mayhem than parents going off halfcocked and abandoning their children to fend for themselves...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And this was just for free candy - imagine if this was an emergency scenario and it was for supplies, instead!

In comparison I would say a bloodied child and mud-soaked toddler would be considered a pretty tame and organized event.

Individual humans can be compassionate; large groups are no more as evolved than our primate ancestors.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Nyiah

So Pez was just being a good neighbor. After making it's money by targeting little children with plastic toys to push their little sugar pills for decades and decades. Now they are just trying to do something nice for the neighborhood. And you say that greedy idiots will ruin it?

Attitudes like this is why companies that actually give enough of a crap about their communities to do events seem to be becoming more & more reluctant to bother with community events. People bitch when they don't give back, people bitch when they do give back. Lose/lose to them.

Then you say that others will blame the company. Are you saying that because I blame the company, that I am an idiot?

Yeah, no. I said "greedy idiots", but if you want to take it as a blanket statement, I suppose you're going to one way or the other.
edit on 3/27/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join