It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the real issue with immigration?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Is the real issue with immigration the fact that we have to many people or the fact that we shipped all of our jobs overseas?

Tough issue and I would never support deportation to me that's crazy. We do however need to find a balance with immigration because he jobs really don't exist in the same capacity they used to. They pay less and there's far fewer opportunities especially for entrepreneurship. Between startup cost and purchasing power the lower class has it harder and harder to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and with millions of people out of work there is more and more competition for what's left driving down costs which in turn drives down profitability again driving down purchasing power.

So what's the real issue is it immigration or jobs?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There are buckers of jobs...just show up at Walmart and...well that isn't the answer either. Must be immigration.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The problem with immigration depends on the individual i think.

Some people, would say immigrations is a problem because of the increased pressure it puts on society, the pressure it has on health services, taking up jobs, housing and so on they have some legitimate arguments that are against immigration and that is fine.

Then there is the other group of people, the are called....

racists.

You know the guys who just basically don't want a "lazy" Mexican doing their garden or a "suspicious" Muslim teaching their kids and so on.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Its the CIA's terror campaign of REGIME CHANGE in the cold war.

The reason so much of Central America was WAR TORN and factory to the socially engineered drug war in America.

So white America tends to forget that many Hispanic immigrants are from recent "Regime Change" states.

It's like people don't know history
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No, its not about jobs, considering the majority of these people are low skill workers and many aren't even from Syria. Germany welcomed all these people to get a cheap labor forces not to actually help people in need. The other problem is that you get ghettos where unemployment is rampant and you allow radicalism to fester and grow among the disenfranchised.

Jobs pfft most of the migrants aren't fleeing war they want free handouts and they know they'll get it.

I'm all for helping people in need but lets look at this realistically. No planning was done and migrants flooding into Europe wasn't just a sudden thing, Italy and Greece and been dealing with this situation long before the massive flood of people.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Is the real issue with immigration the fact that we have to many people or the fact that we shipped all of our jobs overseas?

Neither.

The reason is fear. Fear of change.

People want to live within a " comfort zone". Immigration can infringe on their comfort zone.

edit on 27-3-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Apparently this is a complicated issue I'm going to wait for more responses before jumping back in because I'm so torn on this issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ah that makes sense, White people are just bigots and don't want change.

I think some countries just have limits to the amount of change and stress they actually want on their society.
edit on 27-3-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Its both immigration and the exporting of jobs.

My short answer to the problem is that atleast three things should be done.

#1. Lock the southern border down tighter than a horses ass in fly season.

#2. Get the jobs back from over seas.

#3. Give illegals that have had no convictions within our borders A CHANCE AT amnesty and deport the rest.

#4. (This one is optional but if done would help tremendously) deport ALL illegals not just some.

If #1. AND #2. aren't implemented then we cant fix the problem. BOTH #1. AND #2. MUST be done to fix the problem.

ETA: Personally my pick would #1. #2. and #4.

edit on 3/27/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Its a multitude of issues many of which are strongly related to recent history and the way the "richest country on earth" keeps its dominance.

And I completely intend to mention, it's wise not to forget that the United States simply drew a line taking California, much of the Southwest and parts of Texas after invading Mexico over 150 years ago.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
For 300 years, longer than the USA has been a nation, we've had a "saloon doors" policy on this continent in regard to immigration.

We open the doors wide for about 30 years. Then we decide we've had too many newcomers, too fast. Then we freak out and the doors swing shut, then they go back the other way, and the cycle repeats itself. Even the natives welcomed the "first" puritans, and liked 'em. But then they got to many....

English
Then Germans
Then Irish
Then Chinese
Then Italians
Then Mexicans
Then Vietnamese, then everybody.

Thirty years ago, the doors swung shut, during the Reagan administration, which did a reboot and said if you were already here you were basically a citizen. Then the doors have been opened further and further, to the point we have today, with about a thousand or so illegals, in addition to about 750 legals, coming in per day.

America's policy for generations has been to constantly adjust the rate. It's what we should be doing next. Heck, it is what we WILL be doing next, regardless of what the government wants. In most things demographic, the government races to keep up with it's citizens/subjects. The US official policy toward native Americans is an example of this.

Time for another reboot. That's all.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well ILLEGALS dont IMMIGRATE they TRESSPASS. Its titled wrong to begin with. If they IMMIGRATE that implies LEGALLY.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Well ILLEGALS dont IMMIGRATE they TRESSPASS. Its titled wrong to begin with. If they IMMIGRATE that implies LEGALLY.

You know ... I never understand why that simple fact is so easily forgotten or overlooked. The first thing these illegal immigrants do in our country is break the law. And then everyone wonders why they break the law again and again and again. They murder. They Rape. They rob. They don't pay taxes. Ad nauseam.

There aren't a lot of problems with immigration in the US.
There are considerable issues with illegal immigrants.
And, now, there are numerous issues with the invited 'refugee' crisis.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

That was a pretty good explanation and yes it's time for a swing shut period.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well Nafta killed the jobs, well a lot of them and immigration is fine, we just need a better process to get rid of the illegals.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Like minded or trojan horse who want to destroy your nation and its values.....

The destroyers are high risk immigration and they shouldn't be brought in, deported when found, and safe areas provided in their own continents for them via UN.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Bigots? Wtf, are you high? He never mentioned anything about race. It's about people from some other place coming onto another group of people's territory and it makes the latter group uncomfortable.

Tbh, you're probably racist if you went the route you went. Not surprising though. This is the most racist website out there. Even neo Nazis think this place is a little too right wing.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's a tricky subject...
One one hand you have people fleeing from war struck countries trying to avoid the airstrikes which are taking out their infastructure, hospitals, schools, supermarkets. Pretty sad really and what will they accomplish. What's the end game? It's a pointless war!! I can't argue with them, I would do the same, run because they will kill civilians and we just don't hear about it on the western news.

On the other hand you have migrants coming from other countries to play the system, arguably for better opportunities which is fair enough.
But a lot are unskilled workers and although this does not affect jobs as much, it certainly affects housing issues.

I'm in uk and it is a tough time on government cuts at the moment. There is a housing crisis, landlords able to charge a small fortune on monthly rent etc because of demand on social housing. So many polish, Romanian etc on my street alone, most of who have had kids in this country in order to get a council house, claim child tax credit and housing benefit. This annoys me being a hard working individual and entitled to nothing.

Going a bit off topic but my main point is you cannot assume every immigrant is the same problem. It's such a complicated issue but one thing I do know is that our government, certainly in the uk, has to start addressing its own problems before we can offer any more people in. I'm all for contrlled immigration of the right people.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have no issue with immigration. Illegally entering the US and taking advantage of tax payers, that I have a problem with.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'd say it's fear. But not really of the immigrants themselves.

If you are in a sinking boat, you do not use the only bucket you have to scoop more water into the raft with you.

That is the situation as most Americans visualize themselves in today.

Rampant unemployment, offshoring of more and more jobs, and unchecked massive illegal immigration.

Those three things add to the already strained existing social safety nets.

Americans are starting to see that there is no longer a "net" there for them and they are waking up to that fact. It is fear inducing. The lie of "illegals don't get welfare" is laughable when everyone knows government subsidies are provided to households and one citizen in a household is all that is required to entered onto the entitlement. Have a baby and get the welfare for the family so to speak, but the naysayers can still claim "the entitlements aren't going to illegals they are going to citizens". It's all word play and the coffers are still being drained.

I have a friend that loves to say "Rome fell due to overcapitalization of a free market economy" I guess it's his way of sounding intelligent, I think Rome simply stopped being Roman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join