It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A british man has been barred from exposing his son to Christianity because ex wife is Muslim

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

No.

Matthew 15:11

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
best thread URL *ever*.

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1111111/pg1

Also... seriously? What utter insanity.
edit on 27-3-2016 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I've read through the whole thread before I read the article, I'm pretty sure nobody has mentioned the fact that, as far as I can tell from the article:

'But when his mother found out, she applied to the court and won the order which prevents the boy being taken to any Christian building.'

Just to point out that he's presumably not barred from any other type of religious buildings, just Christian ones. This does not change much though.

I am no religious person, but I do see a problem with that if the state can order it thus. As long a it's not illegal for any nine-year olds to step into a Christian building and as long as that Christian building has no charges against it, the state has no business telling this man what legal buildings he and his son may or may not wander into.

Even if the mother has sole custody, nothing illegal is going on so the state should have no say whatsoever over this.
It would indeed be a weirdly dangerous precedent.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Balans

It's against her wishes as having sole custody so, unfortunately, the court has to agree with what she wants.

If she didn't want her ex to take him to watch football, play in a certain park, whatever, they have to side with her. Unless it's something completely absurd (which I actually think this is) or harmful for the child.

Stupid? Yes.
Legal? Yes.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
typical daily mail hate.
how different that paper would be if their princess had have married that muslim.

christians should be eating meat killed by kosher methods (deuteronomy 12:21), funny they don't mention that.

That is not correct.

Mark 7: 15-19 reads:
"Nothing outside of a person can enter and contaminate a person in God’s sight; rather, the things that come out of a person contaminate the person."

After leaving the crowd, he entered a house where his disciples asked him about that riddle. He said to them, “Don’t you understand either? Don’t you know that nothing from the outside that enters a person has the power to contaminate? That’s because it doesn’t enter into the heart but into the stomach, and it goes out into the sewer.” By saying this, Jesus declared that no food could contaminate a person in God’s sight.

Also, this change in tradition is repeated in St Peter's vision spoken of in Acts 10:9-16.

At noon on the following day, as their journey brought them close to the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted to eat. While others were preparing the meal, he had a visionary experience. He saw heaven opened up and something like a large linen sheet being lowered to the earth by its four corners. Inside the sheet were all kinds of four-legged animals, reptiles, and wild birds. A voice told him, “Get up, Peter! Kill and eat!”

Peter exclaimed, “Absolutely not, Lord! I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

The voice spoke a second time, “Never consider unclean what God has made pure.” This happened three times, then the object was suddenly pulled back into heaven.

Clearly, Christians are not bound to follow Kosher laws, God himself said so.

edit on 27/3/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'This is nothing short of brain-washing him. Already he is telling me that I have a black heart, that I am a bad man, because I am not a practising Muslim. I am heartbroken that I have to keep him away from activities with local children. 'He is being fed the same lies I was as a child and I want better for him. This judge was so busy being politically correct that she has ignored the influence of myself as a loving father. I am terrified that he will stop wanting to see me because of his indoctrination.' The man and his ex-wife married in 2003 and led a 'Western lifestyle'. 'That was important to me because of the strict religious manner in which I was brought up,' he said. 'I was taught that Christians were heartless and immoral, that only Muslims have a peaceful faith and all others are evil. It was only when I began mixing with Christians that I learned this was nonsense.'

funny you didnt comprehend the rest of the article.....

But his Pakistani-born wife turned to the Muslim faith after her father's death in 2007, when her mother told her that because he had not adhered to his faith he was in Hell, and would remain there unless she became a devout Muslim. She began attending a madrasa – an Islamic place of learning – wearing a hijab and shunning the couple's Christian friends. She left her husband in 2013, taking their son with her. The couple divorced last year. The boy lives with his mother but sees his father every other weekend. 'After my divorce, the Christian community embraced me,' the man said.

So the father is to remain silent whilst listening to his son "every other weekend" Real balanced upbringing there.....hahaha

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Such a dangerous precedent

And yet they will deny that Islam gets more than a free pass in the West - all in the name of appeasement and not wishing to create sectarian strife.

from the same article

'This judge is simply scared of being branded Islamophobic,' he said. 'I want my son to have a balanced life in which he is exposed to different faiths and can make up his own mind about which, if any, religion he follows.' The father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said his ex-wife insisted their son, whom she is bringing up in the Muslim faith, could 'become confused' if he is subjected to other religions. 'My son is being indoctrinated and the only way I can show him other things is to take him to other places,' said the father. 'If I don't show him other types of life he will become just like a dumb sheep. I want him to see and learn about different cultures.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

christians should be eating meat killed by kosher methods (deuteronomy 12:21), funny they don't mention that

Alls fair to eat according to that fake apostle St Paul -

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Guess you did not read the short article. He began attending church after the divorce, he was Muslim prior to this.

But I thought Islam the religion of tolerance welcomed dialogue with other faiths - guessed you missed this part...

But his Pakistani-born wife turned to the Muslim faith after her father's death in 2007, when her mother told her that because he had not adhered to his faith he was in Hell, and would remain there unless she became a devout Muslim. She began attending a madrasa – an Islamic place of learning – wearing a hijab and shunning the couple's Christian friends. She left her husband in 2013, taking their son with her. The couple divorced last year.

Like the grandmother, keep up the Orwellian doublespeak

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Happy Fertility Holiday...I am going to eat some shawarma and kibbeh.

You realize that shawarma and kibbeh were not soley "koran" or "muslim" endorsed but are arabic foods - but of course you knew that -now look who's trying to get a rise

Pot meet kettle

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The jist of the story is this: A British man has been ordered by a District Judge to: Not bring his son to any church, or any building run by a church. To feed his son ONLY Halal food. To consistently tell the child he "is an ordinary Muslim boy following Muslim rules". All of this, despite the fact that the father himself doesn't follow Islam (though he was born to Muslim parents, he strayed from the faith).

I completely understand this ruling. This 9 year old boy has been raised as a Muslim all his life. Suddenly, his parents divorce and his father abandons his religion and wants to deprive his son of being able to practice his faith while visiting, i.e. providing Halal meals, allowing for daily prayers, etc., and wanting to bring him to a Christian church, that most likely, will demonize his mother and the only religious practices he's known all his life.

Don't forget, Christians are ordered to preach and convert, and do nothing to aid and abet "sinful practices", like practicing Islam.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
funny you didnt comprehend the rest of the article.....

What part did I not comprehend? The mother has custody so she makes the choice. Nothing really difficult there.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

But I thought Islam the religion of tolerance welcomed dialogue with other faiths - guessed you missed this part...

Strawman and not relevant. Guess you missed the part where she has custody and makes the decision.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

a
You realize that shawarma and kibbeh were not soley "koran" or "muslim" endorsed but are arabic foods - but of course you knew that -now look who's trying to get a rise

That was obvious. I am an equal opportunity offender when it comes to organized religion. They all suck.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Leave the country then. No one should have to put up with a country telling someone who they can and cant worship. Those muslim extremists may be able to cut your head off, but they can never change your mind if you don't want them to.
edit on 28-3-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

IF true (and that's a massive IF, given that this is the Daily Fail, a British trash rag you generally can't trust for use in anything other than lining a rodent cage) then clearly it's the wrong decision.

As an Atheist, I believe that no parent should be permitted to force any religious belief system on their kids. Every child should be exposed to all beliefs and faiths, or none. It should be down to the state to make sure that every child being raised in a religious house is exposed to all alternative belief systems in education - anything less than this is indoctrination.

If a child is being raised by Christian parents, they should be educated in schools about every other religious system, the history of them, atheism, science... the same if it's a Muslim family. If there is any evidence at all that a child is being raised in a strictly religious house then this is the only option, expose that child to every alternative throughout their learning.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
No one should have to put up with a country telling someone who they can and cant worship.

Except the courts are not telling anyone what to worship. They are telling the father it is the child's mother's choice.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
She has custody and it sounds like dad has visitation rights.

The judge can't tell the dad not to do anything, only if it's a supervised visitation at the home, can it be enforced.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I appreciate the OP for not missing the opportunity to call out social justice warriors and for not allowing things like facts and logic to get in the way of mindlessly perpetuating the mail's agenda. Stirling work patriot.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Double post edited
edit on 28-3-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join