It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Earth is flat then why do we have different days and nights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: Qwerm

a reply to: Qwerm
I'm also curious, what do you believe is on the other side of us?

I would say that the earth was flat and there is a simple up and down scenario and what is above the dome above the earth is the creators' lair.

Why are there no pictures of the edge of the Earth from the flat earthers proving all science and rational, critical thought wrong?

There are so many flaws in the flat earth theory that everyone who ignores it either can't explain or just completely disregard.

I get that when you see a picture of the Earth from space (whether you believe it is doctored or not) it appears to be flat. That is how pictures work. I understand that it looks like a flat disc, but what about everything else!?

There is a lot that I do not know about the flat earth theory (yes I said theory) but I will tell you what I do know of.
The North pole is the center of the flat earth.
The south pole is the outer rim of the flat earth.
The south pole is under the Antarctic Treaty System, and nobody (you and I)can go there and just take pictures and debunk the globe theory.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The south pole is under the Antarctic Treaty System, and nobody (you and I)can go there and just take pictures and debunk the globe theory.

Stop making things up, you can book a trip there right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You can go to Antarctica and do all the trips you want. You just can't go into military bases and some of the scientific compounds.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Are you trolling us!? Are you from the past as a time traveller!?

No scholar has believed the Earth was flat. Not Romans, not Columbus era, not anyone.

For most of recorded history mankind believed in a flat earth, so in a ironic sense yes curiosity has time travelled .

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No scholar has believed the Earth was flat. Not Romans, not Columbus era, not anyone.

For most of recorded history mankind believed in a flat earth, so in a ironic sense yes curiosity has time travelled .

If that's the case I'm sure you'd be able to atleast find proof of that.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No they haven't. That is something that is taught to children that is wrong...one thing among many things.

Even before Jesus, scholars didn't think the Earth was flat.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I would say that the earth was flat and there is a simple up and down scenario and what is above the dome above the earth is the creators' lair.

Why are there no pictures of the edge of the Earth from the flat earthers proving all science and rational, critical thought wrong?

There are so many flaws in the flat earth theory that everyone who ignores it either can't explain or just completely disregard.

I get that when you see a picture of the Earth from space (whether you believe it is doctored or not) it appears to be flat. That is how pictures work. I understand that it looks like a flat disc, but what about everything else!?

There is a lot that I do not know about the flat earth theory (yes I said theory) but I will tell you what I do know of.

When you fully research this theory feel free to come back to this thread and let us know that it was a cool story, because that's all it is.

Edit: This was in support of flat earth theory, until it didn't.
edit on 27-3-2016 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So the south pole is a giant border fence keeping out aliens?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

When you fully research this theory feel free to come back to this thread and let us know that it was a cool story, because that's all it is.

Edit: This was in support of flat earth theory, until it didn't.

Ok then superman.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Not in my mind, I would say that the powers that be couldn't possibly allow a flat earth to be proved true to all mankind, such a result would utterly change the face of the earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Not in my mind, I would say that the powers that be couldn't possibly allow a flat earth to be proved true to all mankind,

What?

Seriously though. Go to the beach and tell me if you can see the other continents across the ocean.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
But there's proof the Earth is flat, and it's ''New proof". Behold

edit on 27-3-2016 by DenyObfuscation because: caps from hell in my bb code

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I watched the whole thing.

I don't know what was worse. Her voice or her pullover.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79You actually sat through the whole thing? I lasted 1 minute.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79You actually sat through the whole thing? I lasted 1 minute.

Yep, because I tend to review all evidence, no matter how rediculous or annoying (case in point, the video).

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Not in my mind, I would say that the powers that be couldn't possibly allow a flat earth to be proved true to all mankind,

What?

Seriously though. Go to the beach and tell me if you can see the other continents across the ocean.
The human eye can only see 3.1 miles.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

What?

The human eye can only see 3.1 miles.

You sure about that? I could see the cliffs in France when I lived in Dover.

Put it this way, the strait is a bit wider that 3.1 miles.

ETA: Shortest distance from UK to France is 20.6 miles. Dover to Calais is roughly 26 miles.
edit on 2732016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

How about a video?

Sure, but what about a video, just one, that shows an airlock being opened? Just wondering.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I watched the whole thing.

I don't know what was worse. Her voice or her pullover.

What about her mathematical ''Proof"? Evidently people are lapping this up.

*sparkle sound*

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: TerryDon79

How about a video?

Sure, but what about a video, just one, that shows an airlock being opened? Just wondering.

I guess you missed the big ball thing then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join