It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Earth is flat then why do we have different days and nights?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
if the Earth was flat when the sun rises above the horizon it would light up the entire Earth's surface at once and so it would be daytime at the same time everywhere. Then when the sun sets it would go dark everywhere at the same time.

Also when the sun rises on one side of the flat Earth it would appear larger than to the people on the farthest side of the surface.

We can see planetary objects above in the sky and as we monitor their movements and observe their images we can see the spinning and the fact that these are orbital routes, so either the Earth has to be orbiting the Sun or vice versa.

www.rizbit.uk...

We believe the earth is a sphere! It orbits the sun and spins...this create the day and night on different sides of the planet at different times, its really simple. This explains why it it is hotter at the equator....If the Earth is spherical at the equator the earth bulges out more and thus the surface is closer to the sun, makes sense!

This is just another few reasons that debunk the Flat Earth Theory, which is as likely as the Hollow Earth Theory. But I have a question can people who believe in the Flat Earth Theory also believe in the Hollow Earth Theory.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rkingpin

Coz NASA lies and the sun doesn't rise, it goes around always above the surface and the gubmant lies too!

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Magic

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Magic

Damnit!

I forgot about magic.

link   
The real kicker is, if the world was flat, how in the heck would have Japan attacked Hawaii? Sail across the entire world the long way?
No wonder they kamikazed, they were on fumes from such a long journey llol

link   
Why do we even take the assertion that it's flat seriously enough to bother with the people that believe it?

They're either trolling for attention or they're too ignorant to ever be persuaded by simple facts like, not being able to see China from a skyscraper in New York.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Because it's fun looking at their evidence (if that's what you can call it), showing how it's wrong and watching them have a hissy fit.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
earth is not flat to begin with , but if it is then day and night are just an illusion

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You can't fight an illogical theory with logic. Obviously all its believers have abandoned logic and replaced it with confirmation bias and anything you say will be instantly dismissed on the grounds of it being " just another lie they tell us." Some of these people are capable of being convinced the sky is green, and when you say it's blue they just yell at you for being brainwashed.
Check out some of the threads on
www.theflatearthsociety.org...
There you will find people blindly denying anything that doesn't fit their paradigm, even though they can rarely define or even describe the nature of their imagined existence.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Chemtrails.

Or aliens.

Maybe both.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Chemtrails.

Or aliens.

Maybe both.

You weren't supposed to tell. Damn!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The Earth is flat it's just wrapped around a sphere.
Everyone's right.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Because the earth is flat, I guess.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ok so I will explain because when people who don't buy flat earth try to debate the topic they use what they think is flat earth theory so I'll try to clear this up for you.

You are thinking fo the sun as a huge body millions of miles from the earth. In flat earth the sun is more like a small spotlight close to the earth

Like if you took a flashlight and a plate and the closer to the plate the light is the smaller cone of light it makes to the point the light won't reach from one side to the next.

Now keep in mind I don't really buy in to the flat earth stuff but I have used it as a thought experiment in many threads because,well, I like thinking about how we could be fooled

It's like the "if the earth is not a globe then how can you sail from Japan to Hawaii " , and it's easy you sail in a circle following the sun as it goes In a circle around the disc. The motion would be the same , a circle. It's just In one you would circle a globe and I one you would circle a plate.

Also in case you are wondering you can't sail off the disc because the edges of the disc is the antarctic so there really is no "edge" to fall off.
edit on pm320163101America/ChicagoSun, 27 Mar 2016 13:06:30 -0500_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OoGukMcGlucktuk

Because the earth is flat, I guess.

You forgot your /sarcasm tag.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Two quick things....

A.) The Earth most certainly is a sphere, it is round.

B.) There are somewhat intelligent models of flat Earth theory from intelligent people if you look hard enough that can explain much of what they believe, the one thing that stumps all of them is eclipses. On that front they can only talk about a (Dark Sun) that is responsible for the eclipse.

The model for your direct question can be found here.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Can I be the first to respond with the best comeback for the edge being Antarctica with just a no?

No.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Augustus is always letting the cat out of the bag! Idk how the masons haven't made him go poof yet....

Or he is the head of it all!!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Wow such a well thought out response I am amazed at how you came to this conclusion using science and reason

Just amazing . Thank you for your insight . I am truly in awe
edit on pm320163101America/ChicagoSun, 27 Mar 2016 13:14:43 -0500_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: TerryDon79

Wow such a well thought out response I am amazed at how you came to this conclusion using science and reason

Just amazing . That you for your insight . I am true in awe

I know, right. All sciency and stuff.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join