It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans brainwashed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well, Americans and brainwashing:

My opinion: Americans are hopelessly brainwashed: that black girl at the cash register at Walmart; the smiley service industry people; the marines; those that still believe the media; all the TV watching and abusrd sitcoms; etc. I have said this too many times: Americans are overly Patriotic, specially compared to Europeans. Europeans, in my experience, define Nationalism, something Hitler was completely, although he became a fanatic in the end. As patriots, it is both your downfall and good trait: you are still a young culture, and in that sense, innocent. Nationalists are "one" with their society/culture and are far more detached and individualisic: less prone to trends. Nationalists Amercians are simply not. You guys are Politically malleable and you elected Bush, again.

I must admit, there is a small percentage of your population who are great thinkers. In fact, the US has been awarded the most Nobel Prizes of any country in the world. Yet, so much of your population are just Capatalist drones.

You guys are definately distinct. When US tourists come to Vancouver, or Vancouver Island, you seem to somehow disrupt the calm we have in our Canadian society. And I am not alone on this: the stereotype (I think its true) is that Americans are loud and ignorant of other cultures.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Americans are now brainwashed. Its hopeless. Brainwashing works. If you go back to 2000 you notice step by step methods which were used to brainwash the masses. 9/11, powder threat, terror alerts, black outs in the north east, on and on and on...If you dont realize that we have methodogically been brainwashed...then there's no hope and you've fallen victim. The government is very proud of your obedience.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
I know a ton of intelligent people and they are stupid...Meaning, sure they are smart, but smarts does not always get you through life...

B
[edit on 1/12/2005 by bobafett1972]

Yes, I agree. In fact 90% of the poeple in this world become rich by marrying into a rich family. It's the same for smarts: how influent is your daddy?

Choosing the right political party can be a start.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its not just America thats brainwashes, but most of the world. Much of the world, in varying degrees, is brainwashed by they're governments to think a certain way, see things a certain way, and act things in a certain way. All media is controlled by different governments, and so, in essense, the people of any country only hear what theyre country wants them to hear.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Choosing the right political party can be a start.

I disagree, 100 and million percent. Ever hear the saying Divide and Conquer? That is exactly what the partisainship has become. All issues are usually thrown back and forth between Democrat/Republican; Conservative and Liberal, etc., when in fact, they need to be dealt with as how defined by the effect it has and how severe and how many people........everything needs to be described on its own. The Political system we got going on encourages division as well as unwarranted trust in someone you don't even know; we all know the well spoken leaders of each. Having a political affiliation encourages lack of thought as many people will vote their party; it almost makes illegal voting laughable because there are many americans who don't know the candidates. Etc., Etc.

Americans are brainwashed and one of thhe best ways to combat this is education and a desire to not want your opinions given to you. Religion and political affiliation accomplishes that.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not only americans are brainwashed but everybody has the influence of the darkest....
Let your spirit guide you and protect you from these and you won't be brainwashed anymore

love
ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If you live in an affluent society, expect ignorant souless people.

However, they don't make up the whole population of the country.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wolfo:

I totally disagree. Sure, "brainwashing" exists in varying forms all over the world, but the shear magnitude with which it does in America comparatively is off the charts. A significant part of this world is struggling and people don't have much money. America is in the class of developed countries, and in that class, they shove so much more patriotic crap into your brains everyday it nauseates me. For example, I have said this before, the propaganda in Canada is absolutely nowhere near that of the States. I travel and live in Europe, so do many of my colleagues out here.

Sometimes we stay out here for half a year and longer. Some have been out here for over a decade. We joke about what we experience when we go back to NA: rah rah 911, rah rah. The media, the attitudes, the advertisments, they got all of you Americans working against each other (i.e. tell on your neighbours) and sucking up all the trends they push. I can't help the Walmart workers, the black guys who think its cool to look like they play for the NBA, the obedient marines, the guy with his wife, a smile and two kids. But slowly, perhaps change can come.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You are brainwashed without beign aware of it

Do you think about your money, the economy of the country, war and fight for your right? Do do hate people because of what you hear on TV? Do you pursue the american dream?
That is just why you are brainwashed because all those things are not neccessary!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
You are brainwashed without beign aware of it

The best propoganda is propogated without you being knowledgable about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well actually, I would have to say that Americans are the least brainwashed.

Americans are split - almost 50/50 - on just about every issue.

It seems that most other countries are the ones with population marching to the beat of their political status quo.

France, Germany, Spain, Russia etc...

They are the ones that have no diversity in their thought.

It is this very attitude of "Americans are brainwashed" that shows how completely biased you are. You think WE are the ones brainwashed? Take a look at those same European countries you claim are not brainwashed, and you will find that the symptoms of brainwashing are much more aparent - but then again, that would require you to take off the Anti-American filters you keep over your eyes.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
American-Madman:

Sorry, I disagree, and I don't have anti-American glasses on. Further, you have given no support for your comments: do you or have you lived in Europe? The only reason I make the comparison is because I have lived and worked in both NA and Europe. Moreover, I also make a comparison betwn the US and Canada, since Canada is my homeland and I have travelled to the States many times, to different areas. You can define propaganda how you like, but Bush rants like no other developed countries' leader I have ever seen: he borders on being like a dictator.

From your boring baseball games to the National Enquirer, Americans are brainwashed, loud and culturally ignorant people. Of course, there are the exceptions, but you have a large population to deal with, so even with 50 million "good ones", you still have 250 million drones to deal with, and you know what I am talking about.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
everybody is brainwashed if you watch tv. i consider mine a propaganda box

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Americans problems are a result of the fact that they are uneducated, and thus can't tell BS from Real *

We are graduating from high school, idiots. Idiots who can't read, can't write, can't calculate, and can't fill out a job application.

Rather than hold to standards and only send up to the next grade those who meet the standards, they've lowered the standards in order to get the dumbasses up and out.

They teach crap.

We need more thorough education in reading, writing, and arithmetic, geography, world history, Constitutional history, and economics - macro and micro.

Then, when a person, educated in the basics hear these pretenders spout lies, they'll know BS when they hear it.

Go to any University in the US on a weekend. Go to the library and see who is studying. It's the Asian-American students and the foreign students.

The white American students are either in their dorm rooms, some studying, some not, and the black kids are on the basketball courts.

Tell me something isn't wrong.

Go to the Engineering Department. Asian American and Foreign.

We are so screwed, and the vast majority who are dummies, have no idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join