It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans brainwashed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
because it's not to do about location, it's a lot to do with nationalities.

I disagree...the purpose of nationality is to instill a sense of homepride and to help define personal expression through the popular culture. That doesn't change the psychological make-up of the human mind. The whole point of including the Soviets was to give an extreme political example; not to purporte how much I know about other cultures from my seat in So. California. Nationalities are very diverse; human psychology not so much.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 14-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
As honest as I can be, this brainwashing thing is common with people of caucasian origin. Find me a republican that isn't white, and also find me a republican that isn't some black or hispanic guy who acts like a white guy to get up the ladder at the expense of selling out their people and culture.

Most of the psyops are directed at the caucasian population, since in essence, it is their opinion that matters most, as they are led to believe they are a majority when indeed they are in the professional world, but are very much so a minority outnumbered by various other races from all over the world that have settled here. Thus, they need a reassurance, and some courage which trickles down to the so-called minorities that look up to them as leaders in various civiilian institutions(like the guy working minimum wage wishing he could be the CEO of his job), since it is the white men who have the most unattainable power and influence. I can be white and/or not white, anyone replying to this without an intelligible reaction, like "that's just offensive", is to be deemed a moron because in this I am neither putting down or giving leverage to any one group of people over the other, we're all one, some people just need to remember that instead of getting too cocky.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
See heres the thing DR Funk I don't buy the line that europe is more diverse than the US.
Europe, at least western europe has a history which is so entangled it is basicly a shared history. All of the royal families in europe are the same big family, Every country has been interacting with every other for so long that they have all influenced each other. The difference being that in the US because of the vast size, many areas have devolped nearly independantly from each other. The difference between a blue blood old yankeee city like boston, and a mainly immigrant city like miami are vast.
Im sorry but I just dont consider europeans to be all that diverse and I do find them to be exceptionally ignorant in reference to the US and the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boombye

Most of the psyops are directed at the caucasian population, since in essence, it is their opinion that matters most, as they are led to believe

I disagree that psyops are directed solely towards caucasians. I think it would be more accurate to state that they recieve different types of "psyops." I believe that racial tension is propagated intentionally to prevent proper communication among the people. I believe all opinions matter in that it is important to oppress them or direct them into trivial matters because a concentrated of head strong individuals is a powerful force(million man march).

Also, keep in mind, money rules all. Conditioning and psyops on a grand scale are most likely going to be flavored by consumer habits and there are cultural and racial differences when it comes to spending a dollar as well as economical differences dictated by geographical/cultural corrolations. The Civil Rights movement didn't happen that long ago and purveying racial tension(not by me) is going to impact the amount of oppurtunity an individual not of caucasion descent will encounter. The less money you have will translate into less education, lower paying jobs, higher crime rate, etc. and the inherent problems of a microcosm society will negate the need for a focused psyops. Money = Education = attention; money begins the equation and race can be an indicator of how much you get, though overlap does occur(I apologize for seeming detached, but the subject matter needs to be detailed). But, racial equality is on the upswing and I believe can only get better, especially when third world countries achieve first word - high second world status.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are no different psy-ops, they're all the same.

The "majority" receives this, and interacts with the rest of society, thus a trickle down effect goes into process, which gives the "minorities" reassurance..

White people just feel the need to make a difference more than anyone else I have to watch on TV. And are typically either black or white on a subject, never meeting in the grey zones, a problem that you read about in history books for how long? This is nothing offensive, as you can see some political advantage in keeping the masses black & white on subjects.

The quote at the bottom of your sig, explains a lot though. I think that lil sentence alone gets to the core of it more than my stereotypical non-sense..But I mean there was a guy above who thinks Miami is such an immigrant city compared to Boston. Boston we all know for Academia, Irish, & Catholics, and Miami is well known for the many Cubans there. But this is what we're only shown on tv. I'm sure if you lived in either place, you'll notice that they are full of the same races you'll find in any other city.. Boston is no more white than Miami is, and Boston has no less hispanics. TV defines LA as this hardcore gangsta paradise, but in all honestly, they're just crazed lunatics over there who want to live up to the image they think they're suppposed to live up to, because it was on tv, when in fact most of those gang bangers are cowards compared to those thugs in chicago who have to sell their drugs on the corner with snow up to their knees.. But who's gonna pay to see a movie with snow thugs in it? TV brainwashses those uneducated enough to second guess stuff.

I'm not saying that movies about the hood are messed up, but a lot are based on some preconceived notion of some white dude who thinks this is how a ghetto is and then writes it to paper, and then gets his director to take credit for it..yada yada...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by boombye]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Boom, I wish you'd have put that in the form of a bet as I could introduce you to many people of color who are average people, average workers and average family folk just like me who don't buy into the highjacked Democratic BS of today and vote conservatively just as I do.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks for that post MemoryShock, a very imformative post. I will read the link later, dont have time at the moment. Also when i said i think americans are brainwashed, i never stated that any other nations populace isnt. Contorling people has been reaserched since the start of civilization, what i was stating was that recently with america under the bush administration i think that his pyscopolitics tactics have been implemented very well.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Are Americans brainwashed ? I would say that Americans are brainwashed by there own culture. Most Americans cant find any countrie out side the USA on a map. American tourists come to Australia and wonder why there arent Kangeroos hopping around the main streets of Sydney. Politics aside Aussies are the laid back version of yanks (there are other culture differnces such as guns wont go there!) with Kiwis being in denial that they are aussies and NZ is the lost state of Australia.
Where did the American and Australian begin there "friendship " begin perhaps it was in 1917 when a digger in the trenches said hello to a doughboy.
The sad fact is that it is all one way traffic we are subject to America won WW2 by itself. How many Americans have heard of the fact that diggers served in Vietnam?
A lot of Americans have been brainwashed to think that every war is America vs the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Boom, I wish you'd have put that in the form of a bet as I could introduce you to many people of color who are average people, average workers and average family folk just like me who don't buy into the highjacked Democratic BS of today and vote conservatively just as I do.

Hehe

Can you really say that average workers and families are better off with this government!???
The opposite is proving itself again and again and will only get worse.
Proper healthcare for starters will become too expensive for most average families.In my opinion the american healthcare system is shocking as it is viewing it from a dutch standpoint where everybody has affordable healthcare.

If you can show me some credible info in defense of your argument i will do it for mine ok ;-)

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Thanks for that post MemoryShock, a very imformative post. I will read the link later, dont have time at the moment. Also when i said i think americans are brainwashed, i never stated that any other nations populace isnt. Contorling people has been reaserched since the start of civilization, what i was stating was that recently with america under the bush administration i think that his pyscopolitics tactics have been implemented very well.

I agree. With the various stumblings of the Bush Administration we are witness to damage control I believe to be the biggest in history....Bush seems to mess everything up!!! And then we go and re-elect him and prove we are only as smart as our leaders...but yeah, controlling populations is a tale as old as time(or at least the beginning of civilization..).

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I agree that the way they try and tartget people....like on the news they give traffic reports and try to act like they know what the viewer wants and they understand the viewer.

I enjoy and take for granted the little things im able to do in life, but it frustrates the hell out of me that theres so much more that seems like fantasy.

For years now I have despised the government and how we are controlled more than most will admit.
This country was built on deception.
I like space technology or the study of space and galaxy theories and all.

But if they can spend millions on a mars rover...I say why cant they devise a massive autonomous polling program. somthing that will count votes simultaniously and be 99%accurate.
Not only for voting for president ..but for everything else.

I mean why didnt they let the PEOPLE decide if we should bomb nagasaki and hiroshima? thats a pretty big deal! their suppose to represent OUR decisions, not make them for us!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qlone
I say why cant they devise a massive autonomous polling program. somthing that will count votes simultaniously and be 99%accurate.
Not only for voting for president ..but for everything else.

Call me old-fashioned but I still prefer the old kind of ballots; the ones you can see, feel, touch, count. These voting machines make me nervous, who gets to award the contract for such a job? No matter who it is, someone will complain about it. At least with paper ballots, we know how they get manipulated and what to watch for.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
well just in theory, thats the problem we shouldnt worry about a crooked poll.
let the people use the paper ballots to vote on how we bring the "peoples choice" into a reality.. I was watching this show about how Bush senior lost the second term to clinton...they showed how he had no idea how a supermarket item scanner worked...that sort of thing makes me sick to think theirs people who represent me..and they never even stepped foot in a grocery store??

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
haha that is a scary thought, just shows how they are really intouch and conected to the real world, and these people change the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

, although plenty of Americans hate immigrants

Is this true?
You are all Immigrants, That reminds of the simpsons episode in which they campaign for "proposition 24"(or something like that) to deport all immigrants. LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Let's see, Motion, as I was not talking to you as far as proving anything, there is nothing to prove. As a matter of fact, if you'd care to stop by, I'll introduce you to many people of many colors who are doing just fine,thank you. As a matter of fact, I'll introduce you to people of darker color than I who are doing better than I am.

As far as health care, we have it, and we have good health care. We have such good health care that those who are even illegal aliens have it, and are even closing the doors to some hospitals as those evil white corporate folks aren't able to keep the doors open.
You see, if one were to try and compare money spent on health care, one were to have to compare each and every dollar that average representatives of the two countries have to spend toward taxes, have to spend toward necessities and then have to spend toward personal decisions other than the two other expendatures.

As far as "average", you don't get much more average than I am, so be careful when you throw rocks from across the ocean at a notion you don't understand, especially when you didn't even understand the concept to which you thought you were responding.

Now, as far as your use of the word "government", my government in concept is just fine, thank you. Our faults are where we decided to dabble in communism and where we decided to protect the world at our expense and allow others to have a free ride to a great extent. For example, why is it that my nation is footing the bill for two battle groups being first responders to the tsunami-devastated areas, and having to bring their troops back to the ships at night because the governments of the devestated areas don't want our troops sleeping on their soil, and the groups having to go back to international waters so that the pilots can do the necessary flight training in order to stay current on flight qualification because the needy countries won't allow our battle groups to save their people and keep current art the same time? Why can't it be a couple of your battle groups coming to the rescue?
Don't try and play a card unless you are willing to play with the rest of the deck.
If I had it my way, my country would be much better of, some parts of the world would be smoldering and you would probably being goose-stepping with a swastika on your arm. Not because I have any affection for the Nazis, which I do not, but because of your general attitude. It's been, what, 15 years since I left Europe and the uniform, and you have already forgotten the reason why you aren't either in debt up to your eyeballs or speaking Russian right now? Nazism, Soviet communism, either way, your talking to the wrong man or the wrong family.

Yeah, we could probably have a much better health care system, retirement system, road system, etc,...had we spent our money on ourselves and national-protecting nuclear defence rather than worrying about other things.

Come to think about it, Motion, was I responding to you? No, I was not.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qlone
well just in theory, thats the problem we shouldnt worry about a crooked poll.

No we shouldn't have to worry about it. I guess I just operate from a viewpoint that all politicians are crooked, to some degree. They may not start out that way, but the system forces them to compromise to get anything done. And really, it is a crappy job, so I have to wonder why they wanted to be there in the first place. Power, maybe?

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
For example, why is it that my nation is footing the bill for two battle groups being first responders to the tsunami-devastated areas, and having to bring their troops back to the ships at night because the governments of the devestated areas don't want our troops sleeping on their soil

If this is the case, then it is shameful. To ask for someone's help and then put conditions over what they offer is ridiculous. Kind of reminds me of the Magnificent Seven when the townspeople turned their backs on Yul and the boys

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
"Another reason for the alignment of psychopolitical activities with the mis-alignment of insanity in that insanity, itself, is a despised and disgraced state, and anything connected with it is lightly viewed. Thus, a psychopolitical operator, working in the vicinity of an insane person, can refute and disprove any accusations made against him by demonstrating that the family itself is tainted with mental imbalance. This is surprisingly effective in Capitalistic countries where insanity is so thoroughly feared that no one would dream of investigating any circumstances in its vicinity. Psychopolitical propaganda works constantly and must work constantly to increase and build up this aura of mystery surrounding insanity, and must emphasize the horribleness of insanity in order to excuse non-therapeutic actions taken against the insane. Particularly in Capitalistic countries, an insane person has no rights under law. No person who is insane may hold property. No person who is insane may testify. Thus, we have an excellent road along which we can travel toward our certain goal and destiny."

The emphasis on mental instability indicates a popular conception of normal - which can be played upon to garner trust from a population to its ruling party. The threat of insanity essentially allows individuals who have valid complaints and insights to be rendered discredited and invalid. It should be noted, that insanity is the result of a deprivation of individual need or over-stimulation. Genetic cases of pyschosis exist but are by no means the rule - the human animal could not evolve an inclination towards mental illness. Thus the fear of insanity is instilled by phamaceutical companies and self-help medias that direct your attention to an undesirable mood or attitude, defines it as bad and offers the solution when the reality is the occurence of a healthy fluctuating behaviour - Noone can be on cloud nine all the time.

*bump,bump*

I'm reposting this as this thread has become a gnish-gnash of national pride and other irrelevancies; The focus on a brainwashed public should be an understanding of the influence of our popular social conceptions - we should understand that we are divided on opinion for a reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

, although plenty of Americans hate immigrants

Is this true?
You are all Immigrants, That reminds of the simpsons episode in which they campaign for "proposition 24"(or something like that) to deport all immigrants. LOL

IMHO Americans like most immigrants that want to become Americans, learn English and assimilate into our melting pot society. Unfortunately many newer immigrants especially from Latin America tend to stick together refusing to speak English, demanding their kids be taught in Spanish, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well it seems as if propaganda makes the world go round.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by TheBadge]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join