It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

modern day sanhedrin King of Isreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
what will this mean to the world if this is accomplished? there are some great minds on this forum, i am not one of them and would like someone to expound on this news article i came across. thank you

Will Jews begin proclaiming "Long live the king" in the near future?

According to a group of 71 Jewish scholars who met this week in the Old City of Jerusalem in the form of a modern-day Sanhedrin – a duplicate of the religious tribunal which convened during the time of the Second Temple – a coronation day is growing closer.

As one member of the group put it, "We would have liked it to happen yesterday. But we are willing to wait until tomorrow."

There hasn't been a genuine Sanhedrin in Israel for nearly 1,600 years; the last one to be proclaimed was in France, by Napoleon, for political gain. Shortly after the establishment of the State of Israel, religious affairs minister Judah Leib Maimon raised the notion of reinstituting the ancient body, to no avail.

The group composed largely of Kahane sympathizers that gave itself the name Sanhedrin in October, however, met Sunday to discuss the creation of a Jewish monarchy in the State of Israel.

For the past several years a group called the Monarchists has conducted extensive research into the lineage of several families in an effort to discover who has the closest bloodline to the biblical King David – a requirement for any future Jewish king.

Rabbi Yosef Dayan from Psagot, known for his recent threats to place a death curse on Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, is said to be a leading candidate to become the "king of Israel."

"Dayan has the best lineage to King David," several members of the Sanhedrin told The Jerusalem Post. They say he has two documented ancient sources which draw a direct line between him and the males in his family to King David some 3,000 years ago.

"Many people can show they are descendants of King David, but they cannot show that the line is only male," one Sanhedrin member explained. "That makes Dayan the leading candidate to become king."

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1105418785934

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Kahane's groups are pretty much laughed at by most people. It is very clearly stated in the Jewish tradition that no person has the right to rebuild the temple, ever. God is the only one who, through his Messiah, will bring about the reestablishment of the temple and its associated practices.

The Sanhedrin was indeed a court like body that made decisions during those times. A court such as that is forbidden from being established unless it will have proper recognized jurisdiction over the majority of practicing Jews. This kangaroo court will not fit that description and is therefore according to Jewish tradition, a farce who's decisions and proclamations would be non-binding.

Penalties for establishing yourself as King of the Jews and representing yourself as a power figure religiously without God's approval have been well demonstrated during the time of Bar Kochba.

The Kahane group has been proved to be insane. Look at their old leader. You know the guy who planned on blowing up mosques in California and then killed himself in prison. These people are not taken seriously by mainstream Judaism.

It's all rhetoric by a group that craves attention. If they do declare themselves to be a "Sanhedrin" and establish themselves as in charge, they will be laughed out of the country.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
People this is all happening. The temple will be built and almost everyone will welcome the antichrist as the messiah and the NWO will take over until the return of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Can you post some links to that?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
why does everyone think the antichrist will be a person?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There's a lot of threads on the site regarding Revelation and other end-of-times Bible prophesy. Just do a search.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The Antichrist is not necessarily a specific poerson but more a term referring to anyone who is against Christ.

The use of the term "Antichrist" is very much a pre-millianistic view shared by many Pentecostals.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
thank you for all of your responses, food for thought, there is more concern i would think as far as political ramifications than religous,

i agree anti christ is a reference to anyone against christ and not just a particular individual

djohnsto77 why do you feel this is happening, is there proof it will take place or theory because of "end times"

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I believe it is commonly thought that the antichrist is a person, the first beast that came from the sea in Revelation 13 (NIV):

1And the dragon[a] stood on the shore of the sea.

The Beast out of the Sea
And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. 4Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?”

5The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for fortytwo months. 6He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast–all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

9He who has an ear, let him hear. 10If anyone is to go into captivity,
      into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed[c] with the sword,
      with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.

To be followed by the false prophet, the second beast that came out of the Earth:

The Beast out of the Earth
11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would be very interested in knowing how Rabbi Yosef Dayan traced his lineage back to King David, whose existence has always been questioned by historians (for example in M.Liverani's excellent "Beyond the Bible"). Even if he truly existed, his traditional year of death is 966 BC, give or take five years. No accurate records exist for this, so any people of ancient Jewish lineage can claim this position. David's descendants were many (according to tradition), and the Bible doesn't trace the family history of each one of them. So his claim is as good as anyone's. Man, my family claims Celtic and Lombard lineage, but I don't go around claiming to be Boadicca's or Rotari's heir!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

why does everyone think the antichrist will be a person?

You're kidding right? If you've learned anything about satan, you know that he mimicks Christ. That is the whole goal of the antichrist. To mimick The saviour, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was a person. We know the antichrist is a person because it says so in the Bible. The idea that the antichrist is just an idea is completely rediculous, unfounded and not taught in the Bible. If you believe there is an antichrist, that implies that you beleive the Bible. If you believe the Bible, you should rethink that idea.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Wrecks]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Rabbi Dayan isn't trying to become king. I've communicated on-line on another forum with somebody who has talked in person with Rabbi Dayan. Rabbi Dayan believes that nobody should be annointed king until moshiach ben David (the Jewish Messiah) is identified, or a proven prophet is comissioned by God to annoint a king. Just because he is the subject of monarchist research, doesn't mean he is some monarchist extremist. It's the monarchist extremists who want to annoint a king with OR WITHOUT God's guidance that you should be worrying about, not Rabbi Dayan.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by jturpin]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just listen to religious rhetoric throughout the annals of time and you will realize religion provides a comfort blanket for humans and that this end of the world stuff will never happen, then you will realize that truth is in taboo of religious belief. That taboo to not question your religion or face doom is enforced by cultural rules, and that is the reason that you have never questioned your faith.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrecks

I like your response and reasoning here.I also find it intriguing that people on this blog are talking about Rabbi Dayan.Surely you must agree that the Antichrist is Jew?
Who else would sit in the temple and maketh to be God, believing himself to be God( 2 Thessalonian, 2:2).
So hurry up you filthy Antichrist, and rebuild the temple of Solomon so that the whole world will bow down to you ( excpet me and people like me who know the truth). You filthy money worshipper, you Godless scum, who will you be? Sakorzy, Dayan, Benny Hinn( I think he is in line to be the False Prophet- he's a Palestinian Jew pretending to be a Christian).
Read the protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion if you can still dowload it form the net. And spread the wortd around!

new topics

top topics

join