It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were we doomed from the start.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
When we moved from hunter and gatherers, it was a step that sealed our fate, sadly the fate of many species.
The doom that approaches is not avoidable.

We were doomed from the start.

Maybe something will survive. But it will not be us.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Well we can always hold out hope for the technological singularity instead of being nihilists about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Well we had a good run...

Kinda surprised we lasted this long considering the absolute brilliance of our species

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
When we moved from hunter and gatherers, it was a step that sealed our fate, sadly the fate of many species.
The doom that approaches is not avoidable.

We were doomed from the start.

Maybe something will survive. But it will not be us.

You have no idea what our fate will be. It is a guess and a poor one at that.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
99.99% of species were doomed from the start, it just how things are. Your fate is truly sealed when you accept it, best thing to do is keep on keeping on. Despite all of the extinct species, there is still an unbroken chain leading all the way to you. Humanity is creative and stubborn, we will face all challenges with our heads held high and continue to the last breath. Besides even if we remained hunter gathers our fate was sealed with the sun. At least this way our chances of long term survival aren't zero.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Disagree...

In spite of all our flaws, we are making progress.

All these beautiful minds preprogrammed for extinction.

I find it a terrible waste of a pretty cool rock.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

We are not doomed to a fate that ignores our action or resolve. Faith found within ourselves, held steadfast, and offered as hope and testimony for others is our salvation. Through life we learn to live.

edit on 27-3-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

We would never have progressed cognitively, intellectually if we had never become territorial farmers.

Neither would we have had any wars.

Aye, there's the rub.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You probably are doomed, but I'll be fine.

Good luck with that...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Here I was thinking someone needed help with a doomed relationship....

I'm optimistic enough to say we will be fine. The strong and ones that choose to work together/ help each other will survive, plus there's always technology making giant leaps.

I hope you feel better now.

Eat a chocolate bunny.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
We will live on! Funny I was just thinking of the differance between recent humanoids
And those in our past. Why we are the ones to outsmart the rest of the animal species? But that's the
Acts given to us. Might not be entirely true but its excepted. #we'removingforward

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
We will go on.. we always do...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

No point in worring about it Droid56 , We are after all just a piece of carbon burning up in the face of the Sun , we may as well get baked out of our face and enjoy it

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was doomed once, then it turned out I wasn't the father.....wooo dodged that bullet. Could you imagine living in a trailer park with Becky "spread em" entertaining a troop of children that look a lot like the 1999 Buffalo Bills line up?

I swear it never happened....first off I never got her signature STD, and I'm certain I was on the couch the whole time while the mail man was in there getting doomed himself.

Oh wait...you mean the other kind of doom.....

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Lol at the optimism in here.

Everything ends people, life isn't going to be Star Wars. Space colonization is not going to happen on a large scale. Mars? Maybe, but we aren't colonizing outside the solar system, and we can't outrun the inevitable heat death of the universe. We are here for the time we have, between natural disasters and space rocks, it's a mathematical fact we are going to be hit with something cataclysmic before the Sun burns out.

Don't need to mention our current global socio-economic situation is clearly unsustainable.

top topics

join