It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First nationally broadcast Libertarian Party debate on Fox Business Network's Stossel Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"The first 2016 nationally televised presidential debate of Libertarian candidates will be filmed on March 29 and air on Fox Business Network’s Stossel Show April 1 at 9:00pm E.T.

The nation’s third largest political party, Libertarians represent a growing plurality of Americans who are neither “left” nor “right” but who lean libertarian on issues from foreign intervention to marijuana to balancing the federal budget"

www.lp.org...

Hey the two party dictatorship can't keep us off national TV for long. Hopefully our minimal government ideas get some play on national television and people start to realize that they are in fact libertarians and not authoritarian corporatists(GOProfit inc/Democrooks limited partnership).

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Really looking forward to this!!!

On another note though, it kinda bugs me and feels almost like Fox is trying to make some sort of unstated statement by airing it on April 1st....

Perhaps just coincidence, but it occured to me

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I look forward to it. Thanks so much for the post!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Finally some airtime for the only thing that really matters...personal liberty.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I like the idea. Though I wonder if this is part of the GOP establishment's plan to get a 3rd party candidate to split the vote in the general election. We'll know for sure if Trump gets the GOP nomination and then Fox keeps pushing the eventual Libertarian candidate.

Either way, congrats to the Libertarians. Hopefully they'll take advantage of this and get the word out about their other candidates in State & local elections.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I like the idea. Though I wonder if this is part of the GOP establishment's plan to get a 3rd party candidate to split the vote in the general election. We'll know for sure if Trump gets the GOP nomination and then Fox keeps pushing the eventual Libertarian candidate.

Either way, congrats to the Libertarians. Hopefully they'll take advantage of this and get the word out about their other candidates in State & local elections.

I was thinking that too.

Don't worry the GOP will implode because of their little civil war between Trump vs RINO corp-servative old guard.
When they steal the election from Trump and give it to Kasich or Cruz they will turn a lot of people off.
Maybe Trump takes a fall for Hillary in the 8th round. They better not steal his votes at a brokered convention.
The GOP would be totally marginalized as a political party if they did that. But they most likely will screw Trump in some way which is good for the Libertarian Party.

The whole 250 super delegates thing with Hillary may already soured Bernie supporters.
edit on 27-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Are their secrets so great that they are really willing to sacrifice the entire party?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Oh, I agree. It's definitely interesting times in both major political parties. I've never seen the posturing and deal making go on like this, at least not publicly. It's become such a drama-filled freakshow that it's getting hard to separate satire from reality.

I just hope the Libertarians and Green Party can capitalize on this turmoil. I don't even need either of them to win the Presidency. I'll be pleasantly satisfied if they can use this situation to establish themselves at the State & local levels. And hopefully, voters will remember all of this in 2018 and 2020, and keep picking from their parties.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Oh, I agree. It's definitely interesting times in both major political parties. I've never seen the posturing and deal making go on like this, at least not publicly. It's become such a drama-filled freakshow that it's getting hard to separate satire from reality.

I just hope the Libertarians and Green Party can capitalize on this turmoil. I don't even need either of them to win the Presidency. I'll be pleasantly satisfied if they can use this situation to establish themselves at the State & local levels. And hopefully, voters will remember all of this in 2018 and 2020, and keep picking from their parties.

True. I have to thank Trump for exposing that both the Democrats and Republicans are same authoritarian anti-personal freedom globalist pro-corporate pro-MIC cartel to the general public.What McConnell said about getting the GOP to turn on Trump shows us a lot. Trump is clearly an outsider and blew their little rigged party. Now they are scrambling to save face and power. Trump got too many votes they can't fix it now it would be too obvious. They know that.

Can't let the public know the whole process is rigged. That RNC delegate that admitted that their votes don't matter didn't help their cause.

A second GOP delegate that admits that the votes are totally meaningless. The delegates choose the candidate.

Wake up conservatives it's totally rigged.Your votes mean nothing.
edit on 27-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to this! I think Stossel will do a good job of moderating and ask some good questions. It's great that we can hear some new candidates with new ideas for the same old tired problems we've been fighting about for years.

Maybe you could start a discussion thread that night on ATS while we're watching the debates. It would be fun to discuss in real time -- both for those watching and those who cannot watch.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Now this is a debate I might actually watch.

Although theres not much value in Libertarians debating each other.

We need them to debate/expose the criminal mental patients running for the Republican and Democratic nominations.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The difficulty in building libertarianism is that 90% of people vote on emotions, be it empathy, fear, identity politics, anger... All emotionally triggered responses that the dems and reps have learned to use to manipulate the masses.

Libertarians dont use emotional triggering. Libertarianism is very much an intellectual approach to politics, and this is why it doesnt resonate with the majority of people, whom live their entire lives making decisions based on emotion.

And thats what has to be overcome. Im not sure how, but exposure will help. Its a good start.

I hate to say this but Libertarians need a pro-wrestler type figure that can connect with the masses. A president Comacho that happens to have Libertarian ideals. Look what Trump is doing. Its all in the presentation, and understanding the audience.
edit on 27-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

They can make a few selling points to the public that might be attractive.

-We are radically different from the authoritarian status quo.
-We are not going to throw your votes away on a candidate you didn't vote for.
-We are not authoritarians. We don't want to control you. We don't want to tell you what to do or what to say.
-We are more conservative that the GOP(minimal government vs slightly smaller government).
-We are more liberal than the Democrats
-We will legalize drugs and bankrupt the illicit drug business.
-We will remove the income tax and corporate taxes and have a flat sales tax.
-No warmongering.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Hopefully when the GOP screws Trump and screws his voters maybe then these people will see that the two party cartel is the problem. Bernie got robbed in broad daylight winning states yet magically getting less delegates. LOLWUT?

Go ahead GOP steal his votes. Ignore who the general public wants as a nominee.

Please do it.

new topics

top topics

join