It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer and CDs in ancient times....proof??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Thanks for the reply Vagabond, that was an intelligent post, and we need more like it!

As for the theory of time travellers bringing tech back, if you think about it, early civilisation would not be aware of the greater picture of the world, therefore they would have interpreted the information in a local way. This info could have been used to create a religion or several religions, as mostly religion is one way of organising society, and organising people into a structured way. The priest/rabbai/prophet, or whatever you call them, would have then been the most powerful in the society, as we have seen in the past where these type of people have wielded power.
Of course I am just speculating, but this is interesting.

Theoretically speaking, time travel coudl definately be used to found religions. You'd have foreknowledge of astronomical events like eclipses and could demonstrate small "miracles" of science.
I am not so sure that visitors from the future can account for the things described in the old testament in all cases, but it is an interesting what-if.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Since this thread was first posted, the topics of Atlantis and Egypt have also produced evidence of cd-roms in the past.

* url removed

The Atlantis information follows the Egyptian presentation.

Here is a quick list of myths that have been investigated to date and found to also describe cd-roms.

Egyptian Mythical Gods
Book of the Dead Imagery
Akkadian Enuma Elish Poem
The Legend of Atlantis
Mesopotamian Tablets
The Hebrew Sepher Yetzireh
The Creation Myth
Ezekiel's Visions
Daniel's Four Beasts
The Mormon Compass
The Tablets of Moses
John's 'Book with 7 Seals'
Matthew and Mark's Visions
Ezekiel's Temple
Nostradamus

The main entry point for the latest study is

* url removed

mod edit to remove links to members own site. Please refer to section 9 of the sites terms and conditions.

You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from AboveTopSecret.com LLP

[edit on 27-12-2005 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

During October 2005 Eddy Pengelly compared the descriptions
and symbols of ancient mythological gods of Egypt to the
imagery from the Ancients cd-rom and concluded that

the stories concerning the gods of ancient Egypt are
an account of the icons, images, and themes seen in the
1995 Ancients Civilizations of the Mediterranean CD-Rom

Um... I think he's kidding, I hope he's kidding, I can't imagine how he could not be kidding, but somehow, I'm worried that he might not be kidding.

Somebody please tell me that I've read this wrong.
If I have read correctly, this person believes that a 1995 CD Rom about ancient civilizations is actually not a representation of stuff that came first, but was somehow the inspiration for the stuff that came first?

Kinda like saying that a picture of Super Bowl I inspired the invention of the game of football???

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There's several other reasons that make the "ancient computer" an unlikely scenario.

Remember, that back then people were illiterate -- shockingly so. Within any town, only one or two people could actually read (and the ruler might not necessarily be able to read... they had scholars to read ad write for them.) Spelling wasn't standardized, nor was grammar (spelling doesn't get standardized until the 1600's or so... and even the spelling of Shakespeare's name varied quite a bit: shakespeareauthorship.com... )

Language didn't standardize until we had mass-production printing (Gutenberg press) and pronunciation didn't standardize until the age of radio. It's not terribly standard now, but it's getting a bit better.

Modern (or futuristic) computer commands would have been beyond them. The alphabet we use would be incomprehensible symbols to them, and the letters we use don't translate into the sounds of their language.

And as someone mentioned, the infrastuctre isn't there. No batteries, and most importantly no climate and dust control. Computers fail quickly in dry, dusty, desert areas.

But oracles were popular places to go, so we do have some ancient writers setting down information about how they operated -- and there are Biblical and Jewish texts that also talk about the Ark.

You have to mangle the texts very badly to fit the "it was really a computer/CD rom" model -- and you also have to ignore everything we know about the civilizations of the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I love these threads. Makes me think there is money to be made in selling things like land on the moon. Anyone interested ? act now supplies are running out !

www.lunarregistry.com...

[edit on 30-12-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Don't be silly. The moon is horrible realestate. Any jerk with a telescope can spy on you. I'm selling land on a beautiful planet far beyond visual range of Earth. It's the most amazing planet ever found- some believe it was originally Eden.

U2U me a million dollars and I'll U2U back your deed.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I find this a highly interesting spin on things.

I believe it could be likely, its not a completely dumb founded angle.
Looking at the similiarities between the human mind and how CPU works, plus the universe.

I think there is many links between CPUs and us, without the introduction of CPUs I dont think many of us would be on this website (lol obviously we wouldn't because the web wouldn't exsist, I do not mean it in that context though).
Thanks to computers, your average joe bloggs can suddenly start to come to terms with how complex their own thinking is, let a lone the world around them.

For instance, people now understand by intjecting bad into a computer you will only get bad from it. Well the human body is just like that and we may have known it for a long long time but we haven't really took note of it.

Computers put it in lamens terms; its like a self reflection of its owner.

Light is information, information is everything.
Computers only work via information.

Kind of like; The Alpha & Omega.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by awakeningmind]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Documented, there were manufactured objects going back to ancient times that compressed vast amounts of text, data and visuals into a small portable package that you could open anywhere and absorb the information.

They were called books.

Don't require a specially manufactured player or power source.

Worked well and popular for a long time.

Mike

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It is interesting how some always assume an advanced civilization has to go the material route instead of spiritual route as they grow. Our culture has the IPod and many other gadgets, yet we have lost touch with the natural world.

How many of our modern people could actually survive a week of no electricity or modern conveniences?

Maybe the MTV really was the downfall of the Roman Empire!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Howdy Kidflash

How many of our modern people could actually survive a week of no electricity or modern conveniences?

The Amish do it everyday and have for centuries.

1.6 billion people do that everyday too outside of the western world. My own record is 54 days. You adapt

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Lost power for about 3, 4 weeks after Ivan.
Been camping several times, mostly a week at a time, never take anything but my cell with me.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah this is one of those things where there it says this if you replace the word Jesus Christ, with david icke and Jews with shape shifting reptilians
that is how this works. Just like the bible code, oh it warns about 9/11 if you take twin towers translate it into latin then spell it "fsdaqergxcvz,bn" it clearly warns about the comming disaster.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why Not? there are vedas(SP?) in an India Epic that they explain a nuclear weapon's use. See here:
en.wikipedia.org...
If they didn't have computers How did they direct their missiles? There are many things on Earth and in heaven that we have no clue of.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi, Byrd and all.

Originally posted by Byrd...And as someone mentioned, the infrastuctre isn't there. No batteries, and

Ohhhh yeahhhhhh ?? And WHAT do you call this :

www.world-mysteries.com...

www.presstv.ir...

Teasing you. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
anything is possible. they maybe even did have computers back then who knows.

cds i'm not so sure of though again its possible but cds are actually kind of lowtech really...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Great post. Others may not think so but I see it for what it is....

You tried to piece together pieces of a puzzle for us to see the truth.

Digging deeper into meanings does help and will help us find more truth in things.

Not saying it is a computer, but it is possible it is the closest thing to a computer we would recognize.

No it would not be a Dell or HP and may not look entirely the same, the the functioning of the device would be the same.

Transport back a computer nerd ( doesn't have to be a nerd ) and he would prob recognize it as a computer because he is familiar with it's functioning.

You may get flamed and called many names , but they way you looked into everything and tried to pick it apart and put it back together shows you really tried to understand it more.

The effort deserves a S&F for me simply for the way you went about trying to explain this to us. Good job

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Hoaxes.
They weren't created to purposefully hoax people, however they've been discussed to death, and proven that the seals would have prevent extraction of electric charge.
(If you saw the Mythbusters episode, they ended up reworking the design in order to draw a current from them.)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In a discussion when you open wide the door to possibilities you can never shut it.

Possible the dinosaurs got addicted to playing some form of game and neglected their food gathering, reproduction, self-defense abilities.

No indication of that whatsoever, though someone could write a paperback on it and find some supposed evidence, I'm sure.

But you have to have a lead to follow a trail otherwise anything is possible.

Ancient people were learning the wonders of recording information through writing. That was about as major a breakthrough as there has ever been.

Mike

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Why Not? there are vedas(SP?) in an India Epic that they explain a nuclear weapon's use. See here:
en.wikipedia.org...
If they didn't have computers How did they direct their missiles? There are many things on Earth and in heaven that we have no clue of.

Absolutely. And since this is probably tales told all the way from Sumerian days, and thats the whole Annanuki thing, the clues and information that can be found in texts including the bible are interesting to study. Though don't know for certain if this is the case. Though I can't imagine it would ever have been used for the benefit of the human slave class to improve their education or language.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

We had mobile phones well before the 1930's.....they weren't put into circulation due to the massive losses that would be taken by the business's that ran the phone lines.

We had huge computer buildings being used by the military back then too.
It wasn't until the late 1950's and 60's that we changed it to all of those 0's and 1's. It was used as a code to communicate with the base's.(one of my mentor's that was assigned to teach me about computers when I got curious worked on that project.)
The graphics we now have also are from military project's from the past. Luckily we have smart people who where able to build upon it! The original truly stunk!

We also had green tech back then! But again it wasn't used because we would have run all those millionaires out of business and had HUGE piles of scrap to take care of by then.
Why do you think they are making something that cost's a few hundred dollars at most to produce cost thousands of dollars for one to set up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join