It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer and CDs in ancient times....proof??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have come across a very interesting site describing CD discs and A COMPUTER(!!) in the Bible and in other ancient writings....

..here is a excert from the site...

"What we refer to as a 'computer system' was known as an "Oracle" in ancient times.

The location of many Oracles throughout the Middle East are well documented, and when the described individual pieces of an oracle apparatus are examined, it is clearly seen that a computer is being described.

1230 BC Hebrew Descriptions
Along with the two Tables of Testimony and associated with the Ark of the Covenant and the four rings, were dishes with a cover and bowls, an Ark of Testimony, a Table, a Tabernacle, and a Mercy Seat.
In Exodus 35:11-13 we are further told of the tabernacle of the Oracle apparatus plus its attributes.

Again, we need to check the original meanings of these words from Strong's Concordance
H-word 4908 "tabernacle" means 'a residence' (as in the Temple).
168 "tent" means 'a covering' as clearly conspicuous from a distance. ie 'a conspicuous covering'.
4372 "covering" comes from word 3680 which means 'to plump' as in to fill in the hollow.
7165 "taches" means 'a belaying pin' but comes from word 7164 which means 'to protrude'.
The Old English word for "belaying" lecgan comes from two words 'be-lay'. "Pin" means 'to hold firmly in one position'. So using the Old English and Hebrew etymologies, "taches" refers to 'something that is belayed and is held firmly in one position on a protrusion'.
7175 "boards" is from an unused root that means 'to split off'.
1280 "bars" comes from word 1272 which means 'to flee suddenly'.
5982 "pillars" means 'a standing column'.

This gives; The conspicuous covering of the residence. Something belayed is to fill in the hollow and be held firmly in position on the protrusion from the tabernacle that splits off then flees suddenly.

"The protrusion from the tabernacle" refers to the CD-Rom Drive Tray that protrudes from a computer and then "flees suddenly" once a compact disk is placed "firmly in position in the hollow".

134 "sockets" means 'a basis of a building' but comes from the same as word 113 which means 'controller', and is given the meanings of 'foundation' and 'sockets'. This derives 'the sockets at the foundation of the controller building'.
727 "ark" means 'a box'.
905 "staves" means 'a separation'.
3727 "Mercy Seat" means 'a lid'.
6532 "vail" means 'the sacred screen'.
4539 "covering" comes from word 5526 which means 'to entwine' or to join together.
7979 "table" means 'a spread out table'.
905 "staves' means a staff or rod.
3627 "vessels" means 'an apparatus, a utensil'.
6440, 3899 "shewbread" is made up of two words. 6440 comes from an unused noun and means 'the face (as the part that turns)'. 3899 means 'food for man' (as in knowledge).

This gives; From the sockets at the foundation of the controller box; a separation - the Mercy Seat lid and the sacred screen; joined together - a spread out table and a staff utensil. The turning face is knowledge for man.

"The turning face is knowledge for man" refers to the knowledge contained within the Ancients CD-Rom which has the golden face of the sun-god (the mask of Agamemnon) thereon.
The "staff utensil" (a computer's mouse) and the "spread out table" (the keyboard) are joined to the "controller box" (CPU box) via "sockets" at its base, as is the "sacred screen" (monitor).

Exodus 38:7-8 tells us attributes of the Mercy Seat and Looking Glass.

H-word 3871 "boards" means 'a glistening polished or plate'.
3595 "laver" means 'something round as excavated'; a platform.
"Brass" is a yellowish colour.
This means that the Mercy Seat altar is a yellowish excavated round platform for a glistening polished plate. ie. the protruding CD-Rom Tray

H-word 3653 "foot" means 'a stand'.
4759 "looking glasses" means 'a vision' and also 'a mirror'.
This means the looking-glass mirror has a brass coloured stand. ie. the monitor's stand is a yellowish shade, being the colour of the plastic generally used for computers in the early 1990s.

The ancient Hebrew people have faithfully described the pieces of the apparatus through which they consulted the Oracle in their Jerusalem Temple, but due to the Old English religious translations not always using the original meanings of the Hebrew words, the description of a computer system has not been recognized - until now.

* The Temple of the Lord is the CPU (computer box) in a Tower Case.
* The Mercy Seat refers to the CD-Drive Tray upon which you place the offering (compact disk) [at the top of the Tower].
* The Sacred Screen (ark of testimony) is the Monitor on its Stand. (= The Looking Glass)
* The Spread out Table is the Keyboard.
* The Sacred Rod (Staff of Moses) is the Mouse and its Cable.
* The Plates are the clear Plastic containers that hold the compact disks.
* The Two Stone Tables are two specifically documented and described compact disks.
* The Ark of the Covenant is a wooden box that held the compact disks.
* The Four Rings refer to the four specific multimedia CD-Roms.
* The Horns refer to the stereo Speakers."

If anyone has extensive knowledge of ancient Biblical or Hebrew texts can check this out and let us know if this is in any way accurate or just some guy's imagination run wild.

www.pphcstudygroup.org.au...
This is a password protected site, but registration is free and takes two seconds.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by celticniall]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wonder if they had teh intarweb back then.

sounds like a bunch of hooey.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Did you read any of the site? It sounds pretty convincing to me, but I have yet to make up my mind on the accuracy of the translations.

I have read most of the contents and this is fascinating reading, although there is a lot!
This could be proof of future time travellers, travelling into the past to point history in the right direction...? Although, the question is, what power source did they use ??....portable power source?
It could be total misinterpretation as well though, just want some opinions on it.

(mod edit--- link to member area and log in details of site linked in first post removed )

[edit on 29-12-2005 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a bunch of word twisting.

Personally I think that "Bible" actually means "Fictional stories".

That's about as logical as "staves" meaning "a seperation".

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can't help but distrust a site that makes such claims yet passwords the information. I'm half expecting to follow a link and see "for the low price of 29.99$ you can have even more info on this astonishing discovery." If it were even remotely possible I think we would be finding artifacts to support the idea, rather than just some hokey idea on a site probably concocted by some geeks with far too much time.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
where did they get the electricity ? that would seem to be a hinderance. plastic would help to build a computer.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Acts 2:46 says that the apostles commuted to church every day -- in a midsized Honda sedan!!

"And they, continuing daily with one Accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart...."

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi. I'm new to this site, and have been enjoying it greatly for the last couple of days (too much browsing at work). However I'm still trying to work out what level some of it is pitched at.

This post for example; it is a joke, right?

[edit on 12-1-2005 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Acts 2:46 says that the apostles commuted to church every day -- in a midsized Honda sedan!!

"And they, continuing daily with one Accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart...."

Heh, heh. Perhaps the 10 commandments were given to Moses on an iPod.....

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
welcome to ats ! its hard to tell sometimes, if a post is legit or not, some posters will post a controversial topic to earn points from all the replies.

I'm not making any connections to this thread, just an fyi.

you'll see many many ideas waaaay outside the mainstream here, which is why it is addicting

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The person who wrote the original theory believes in it, and so do others. It is, as everyone else is saying, a complete load of hooey.

I've taken computer engineering courses for a Masters' and have done some chip-level programming. I've done a little bit of robot building. He doesn't know an AND gate from an ampersand. You wouldn't design a computer as a building, and you wouldn't design your architecture to resemble a motherboard (just go ahead... arrange your livingroom like the chips on a motherboard and see how absolutly unworkable it is.)

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

This gives; The conspicuous covering of the residence. Something belayed is to fill in the hollow and be held firmly in position on the protrusion from the tabernacle that splits off then flees suddenly.

I'm not sure if is really worth getting into his knowledge of motherboard architecture when this "translation" actually makes no sense at all, in any language. It reminds me of something produced by one of those random sentance generators you used to get as games in the "old days" of computing.

Perhaps it is, and it isn't a human who set up that site, but a (very) crude AI persona. Now there's a conspiricy for you......

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

Heh, heh. Perhaps the 10 commandments were given to Moses on an iPod.....

actually, the original ten commandments were truncated early on.

for example, thou shalt not steal is really thou shalt not steal music by downloading it.

thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife is actually
thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife unless doing so via the webcam she set up at a low price of $9.99 a month.

honor thy mother and father was original honor the motherboard but fathers got mad so it was altered.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByrdYou wouldn't design a computer as a building, and you wouldn't design your architecture to resemble a motherboard

actually, there is a science building on the Tulane University campus that was designed to look like a computer chip. at least that is the excuse they give whenever someone asks "what is the horrific looking building over there?"

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe it was a computer that RAN Oracle ...ducks for cover... ok, I was being silly, I digress.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
welcome to ats ! its hard to tell sometimes, if a post is legit or not, some posters will post a controversial topic to earn points from all the replies.

I'm not making any connections to this thread, just an fyi.

you'll see many many ideas waaaay outside the mainstream here, which is why it is addicting

I didn't post this as a joke, or to gain points.....I am not interested in gaining points, don't even know the point of points........I know you aren't attacking me or making "connections to this thread", just want people to know, all I am interested in is knowledge and I believe in non-conventional thinking.

I know this site is way OTT and probably a "bunch of word twisting" as merka put it, but it was an interesting theory, and wanted to get some opinions on it. Isn't that what ATS is all about? Finding the truth among the mass of lies ?

All I am saying is that it could be remotely possible that this is accurate, I think that it is just as believable as believing that there was no advanced ancient("Atlantis") civilisation, or believing that aliens abduct people, or that the military are in coohoots with aliens and that they live in underground bases, etc,etc....all of thiscould be true unless positively proved to be false. Most of what is on these boards is hearsay with no evidence. Example, no one has shown me where these translations could be wrong, no one has proven that what this site is saying is a "bunch of word twisting".

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
I know this site is way OTT and probably a "bunch of word twisting" as merka put it, but it was an interesting theory, and wanted to get some opinions on it. Isn't that what ATS is all about? Finding the truth among the mass of lies ?

Don't take it too hard if peoples opinion of the site was low. ATS is about open mindedness, but that doesn't mean we're all serious. We look at a site like that you provided which is obviously over the top and it just screams to be made fun of. You can be certain that there would be proponents for the theory here if it was even remotely suggested by good evidence. Just look at the threads on ancient nuclear war.

All I am saying is that it could be remotely possible that this is accurate, I think that it is just as believable as believing that there was no advanced ancient("Atlantis") civilisation, or believing that aliens abduct people, or that the military are in coohoots with aliens and that they live in underground bases, etc,etc....all of thiscould be true unless positively proved to be false.

You have to be careful about saying things "could be true". Just because something is remotely possible by virtue of not being disproven does not make it even remotely probable, or even possible enough to be a viable assumption in discussions "just for the sake of arguement".
A theory which has no evidence for or against it is "possible" but it has nowhere near the credibility of theories which have at least minor evidence in their favor. A scientific theory is stronger than a JFK theory. A JFK theory is stronger than something that you just pull out of thin air. All of those things are "possible", but some things are decidedly more probable than others based on the level of evidence and logical support available for them.

Most of what is on these boards is hearsay with no evidence. Example, no one has shown me where these translations could be wrong, no one has proven that what this site is saying is a "bunch of word twisting".

Fair enough. Here goes. I'll give you a reasoned response. I'm only saying what a lot of people here assumed was obvious.

1. Logically speaking, a computer implies manufacture and power. Manufacture and power imply mining and processing. Those things in turn imply settlement. The Jews made their start as a nomadic people and therefore could not have produced modern technology on their own. This means that a computer would have to be provided by alien sources or be from the future.
2. Alien technology would be extremely unlikely to mirror human technology. The senses, interests, and conditions of humanity have dictated the development of our technology. The description of CDs points to future origin.
3. Only help from the future would have made a computer useful as an "oracle", but it is questionable how immediately useful knowledge from the future could have been. We know for a fact that Israel did not lead in technological advancements so they did not have help of that sort from the future. The revealing of events would have been largely impossible because records from that time would be extremely scarce. A computer from the future simply couldn't have been a useful oracle.

The question is, to what point and purpose would somebody provide the ancient Hebrews with a computer?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Windows BC" ......Well no wonder Bill gates is rich! microsoft started in 85?, perhaps "mannasoft" started in the old testament ! LMAO Then ofcourse there was the early browser "IEBC" and noah antivirus!

where did they get the electricity ? that would seem to be a hinderance

Why they had gentiles peddleing day and night to generate power, now and then a few would topple over dead and users got an error message like " dead gentile has caused a stack fault, wait one hour and restart your oracle"

[edit on 043131p://30014 by instar]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think this could be true..

I don't necessarily believe in the bible...it was however written during the bronze age and is so huge with info on how people lived.

I believe the "human" civilation has risen an fallen several times in history.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply Vagabond, that was an intelligent post, and we need more like it!

As for the theory of time travellers bringing tech back, if you think about it, early civilisation would not be aware of the greater picture of the world, therefore they would have interpreted the information in a local way. This info could have been used to create a religion or several religions, as mostly religion is one way of organising society, and organising people into a structured way. The priest/rabbai/prophet, or whatever you call them, would have then been the most powerful in the society, as we have seen in the past where these type of people have wielded power.
Of course I am just speculating, but this is interesting.

<<   2  3 >>

join