It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reveals when he thinks America was great

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

What's my agenda, pal? Do tell.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But honestly, some of the programs that are the result of SJWs are just crap...and crap is putting it nicely.,

Man how omnipotent are these SJW's? They made the programs you don't like??

link   

link   
a reply to: Konduit

And guess what, it's working.

It is?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What's my agenda, pal? Do tell.

As I said, I have nothing to say to you. First of all, I see that you're a shehawks fan, which tells me that you are used to deluding yourself. Then you offer up loaded questions on top of that, waiting to pounce. I only have so many days left, and I aint wasting a damn one of them on somebody looking for a fight.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh man, I was pretty sure that when he said "make america great again" he was saying "make america like the 40's and 50's." but I never thought he'd pretty much come out and say it.

Also, America wasn't so great for anybody who wasn't white and male. Sure, women were happy being housewives in the 50's and there's lots of publications talking about how gratifying "women's work" is, and how staying at home raising a child was the greatest thing ever... but they didn't really have anything to compare it with did they? Many prestigious universities wouldn't even take women, they were shuttled off to "Women's colleges," and many of those were little more than advanced home-making. Segregation was alive and well, NOBODY was gay, there were just "effeminate" men and spinsters.

So does he want to go back to the 1950's purely economically, or socially as well? Because it seems like he wants the 50's back wholesale taking his statements about hispanics and his convention's tendency to throw out people based on their clothes and skin color, and anybody who isn't white and male, or has anyone important to them who isn't white and male, should be a little concerned.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But honestly, some of the programs that are the result of SJWs are just crap...and crap is putting it nicely.,

Man how omnipotent are these SJW's? They made the programs you don't like??

Affirmative action, welfare, things of that nature

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Volund

Oh... and duh... the 50s-0s we were 1st world !

We still are... anyone who says we are not is delusional.
The thread wasn't derailed at all, just a fact was brought up. There was a reason for the civil rights movement in the 60's.
If you want to say you want to go back to a time before that, people are going to going to bring it up.

Sorry it offends you.

link   
a reply to: Volund

the 50s-0s we were 1st world !

First in what line? The nuclear bomb dropping line?

link   

That's seahawks, just to be clear.

Looking for a fight? Hardly. More like a conversation. You say what you think, I say what I think, and who knows, maybe we come to an understanding, if not agreement...

Isn't that why we're here?
edit on 3/26/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Oh so the civil rights activist and Truman in 35 were SJW's?

In the true sense of the word they were, but I know you mean it much differently. It is a phrase that has been hijacked because we have some people that take it overboard.
But if fighting for the rights of all and deciding it is probably better to give some help from the state to people makes you a SJW, I would proudly wear that badge.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Zero the meter in Congress and all career politicians - limited terms thereafter with salaries in line with the CPI, ban lobbying.

Then America stands a chance to again reach (or even exceed) this reputation, but as long as you have those on both sides pushing the military/industrial agenda, you will continue on the current path.

Ah the good ol' days of Green eggs and ham.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But what the real point is that we just want to go back to when we won a war right? Because that is all I am seeing it the thread, that is just no one pushing us around those days. All whole ignoring the social issues it. But hey if we can go back to the tax rate back then, let's do it.

Yep beating the war drums and wanting the "snowflakes" to fight it for them. Glad I got wise and got out when I did.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sjake111

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The majority of women were much happier back then being fulltime mothers before feminists denigrated women for being fulltime mothers.

And do you have some kind of source for that claim? Any studies, polls or articles that prove that women were happier being homemakers in the happy 1950's? If so, I'd love to read them! I'm all ears!

Youve been shown studies that blacks were better of during the 50's but you didnt listen..You arent here to learn, only cry racism and hate President Trump. You SJW have been tuned out by those who make actually participate in society.

You're right, how could I forget how awesome things were for black people "back in the day". I mean, they weren't getting lynched as often compared to the 1930's...

And white people were nice enough to make sure that black people were literate enough to vote, so they weren't going to waste their time participating in democracy.

Ah, the good old days...

On your first day of school, you even had the 101st Airborne to make sure you were safe:

And African Americans even had their own water fountains:

How did we forget that if you went to the movies, you even had your very own entrance:

Society during those golden ages also made it easier for you to find a wife if you were a black man, by keeping you from marrying an entire segment of the population.

But hey, let's forget that the income for a black family in 1950 was $11,206 in actual 1993 dollars. And $21,542 in in 1993. So, more money I suppose isn't a good thing -- what's the saying by Notorious B.I.G? "More money, more problems?"

edit on 26-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Oh man, I was pretty sure that when he said "make america great again" he was saying "make america like the 40's and 50's." but I never thought he'd pretty much come out and say it.

Also, America wasn't so great for anybody who wasn't white and male. Sure, women were happy being housewives in the 50's and there's lots of publications talking about how gratifying "women's work" is, and how staying at home raising a child was the greatest thing ever... but they didn't really have anything to compare it with did they? Many prestigious universities wouldn't even take women, they were shuttled off to "Women's colleges," and many of those were little more than advanced home-making. Segregation was alive and well, NOBODY was gay, there were just "effeminate" men and spinsters.

So does he want to go back to the 1950's purely economically, or socially as well? Because it seems like he wants the 50's back wholesale taking his statements about hispanics and his convention's tendency to throw out people based on their clothes and skin color, and anybody who isn't white and male, or has anyone important to them who isn't white and male, should be a little concerned.

Maybe everyone is overreacting a bit. By this logic he is also calling for the removal of computers from society. Doesnt really hold water. Not everything was better, but economically it was better and the destruction of family that has since followed has been a very serious problem in many social aspects of society.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You act like I don't know America is the reason the ME is so messed up right now.

My hat, you really don't know any history, do you?

The Middle East has been 'messed up' since the fall of the Sassanian Empire. Look it up.

One reason why America is so messed up is that it got involved in the Middle East. Your troops were defeated in Iraq and your foreign policy establishment has been colonized by Arab and Israeli special interests.

Get real. Trump has no foreign policy. He just mirrors the ignorance and prejudice of his idiotic constituency.

edit on 26/3/16 by Astyanax because: of typos

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

That's seahawks, just to be clear.

Looking for a fight? Hardly. More like a conversation. You say what you think, I say what I think, and who knows, maybe we come to an understanding, if not agreement...

Isn't that why were here?

No, it's the shehawks, and there is no point in any of this. Why? Because it doesn't matter. That's why... the things that SJWs complain about happened 50 years ago, a hundred years ago. 200 years ago. Was it right? no. But ya can't change it. It's over. And tipping the scales all the way in the other direction doesn't make it better. And when you get down to it, that's what you want, the scales tipped all the way in the other direction.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Call Mystik a SSS

Call MystikMushroom my morning routine? But why?

There's a vas deferens (OMG PATRIARCHY!) between an SJW and someone who champions social justice. You're smart, you know that words/phrases change meaning over time. SJW now means obnoxious twit that takes offense over completely trivial things, tells the Dean they fear for their lives because someone exercised free speech in chalk by endorsing a presidential candidate, or thinks black people can't be racist.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I love this thread. All these Trump-supporters trying to educate everyone on how blacks and women had it best during those times are being utterly dismantled by a few people wiser. It's simply lovely.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I love this thread. All these Trump-supporters trying to educate everyone on how blacks had it best during those times are being utterly dismantled by a few people wiser. It's simply lovely.

I'd like to ask all those pro-Trump people one question:

Would you rather be a woman, black, or any other minority in 1955....or 2015? Which year would you rather live in as one of those people?

That's it, short and simple.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join