It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump reveals when he thinks America was great

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Trump also pointed to the "late '40s and '50s," a time when, he said, "we were not pushed around, we were respected by everybody, we had just won a war, we were pretty much doing what we had to do."

I don't recall The U.S. winning a war in either the late 40's or 50's.

I do however know that The Allies won a war in the 1940's.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So the moral of Trump's story is:

Bomb the living sh** out of the rest of the planet (directly or indirectly) so that the USA can go back to a booming economy of building, manufacturing, and exporting goods to the rest of the world to "help" those poor bombed out countries rebuild themselves.

Yep, sounds about right.

The "art of the deal", no wait...

The "art of war", no wait...

"How to make america great again".

There, that's right way to say it... so as to attract as many flies to the honeypot as possible.

War.

That's what it's good for !

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
So the moral of Trump's story is:

Bomb the living sh** out of the rest of the planet (directly or indirectly) so that the USA can go back to a booming economy of building, manufacturing, and exporting goods to the rest of the world to "help" those poor bombed out countries rebuild themselves.

Yep, sounds about right.

The "art of the deal", no wait...

The "art of war", no wait...

"How to make america great again".

There, that's right way to say it... so as to attract as many flies to the honeypot as possible.

War.

That's what it's good for !

Odd, I haven't heard Trump speak like a warmonger. Only when it pertains to ISIS. His policy doesn't have the hallmarks of a warmonger.

In fact it's the Democrats that appear more interventionist in comparison

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Well, there's no other way to bring back that type of boom to the USA.

Today's inflation rates, manufacturing wage demands, and the overall cost of manufacturing in today's 1st world countries pretty much flushes that dream down the toilet because nobody can afford to pay the resulting selling prices.

... unless the customer (ie: foreign country) is in an absolute destitute situation (like having no infrastucture to carry on as usual), then they are more than happy to pile on the debt to bring those goods into their country... because they so desparately need them.

In fact it's the Democrats that appear more interventionist in comparison

Rather than looking at everything from a ridiculously infantile partisan perspective, try just simply looking at it from a 21st century global economic one.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Sure, the late 40's and 50's were "great"...

If you were a white male.

I would have to agree with you, things were a lot better for white males before we became the demonic hellspawn pariah of all that is wrong in society thanks to the modern bolshevik left in this country.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Im having trouble remembering what front the British Army, RAF and Navy fought alongside the Germans.....O THATS RIGHTS THEY #ING DIDNT!

Oh my ... England would not have prevailed had the US not lent her support. Is it 'us' who's responsible for a lost sense of humour (did I spell that right?) ... or just me you're shouting at?

I am still laughing.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Sure, the late 40's and 50's were "great"...

If you were a white male.

Tell that to black people who lived in Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Chicago at that time.
Black families were thriving much more than today.

Uh...okay. Let's forget that they had to use seperate bathrooms, got paid less...ect, ect.

I can see that those who support Trump will justify whatever he says. Those Trump-tinted glasses are welded onto people's faces and no matter what anyone says they'll be right there, throwing up ridiculous, half-hearted and unrealistic arguments full of holes and fallacies.

Whatever guys, enjoy the Trump back-patting party. I've got better things to do with my life than teach rudimentary American history to folks who only want to focus on a laughable and narrow cross section of reality/truth.

Rudimentary history shows that you have no idea what is going on NOW.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In my opinion women then held the families together knew where and what their children were doing now not so much, look at the big cities for examples.

Now women are more miserable trying to compete in the workplace.

Are there any studies or polls that support your opinion? I'd like to read them. I did some Google searches and couldn't find any.

Funny, none exist to support your opinion either.

You think people are happier now ??

Prove it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It might sound "racist", but statistics show that the African America community had more business owners per capita, better education rates, less felons, less poverty and higher paternal fidelity rates in the 40's and 50's then it does today.

So... who was better off?

Are you referring to better education through segregated schools? White only restaurants, drinking fountains and bathrooms? Poll taxes and grandfather clauses to restrict black voting rights? No interracial dating or marriages? KKK lynchings? I'd love to see these wonderful statistics of which you speak.
edit on 28-3-2016 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

OKAY NOW...

......a Reminder to Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Quit the bickering now!!!!....You are responsible for your own posts.
So know that further such posts face removal.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Im having trouble remembering what front the British Army, RAF and Navy fought alongside the Germans.....O THATS RIGHTS THEY #ING DIDNT!

Oh my ... England would not have prevailed had the US not lent her support. Is it 'us' who's responsible for a lost sense of humour (did I spell that right?) ... or just me you're shouting at?

I am still laughing.

Lent?

The UK paid for the material you sent us. It was not charity but a business transaction. And one we paid in full.

The German invasion of the UK had failed nearly a year before the US turned up. And even when you did turn up again it was not out of charity or to save anyone but to defend your own arses because Japan dragged you into the war.
And the UK had to practically hold your hands in combat right up till Italy as your troops and officers were so inexperienced. And you messed up Omaha beach on D day.

edit on 28-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's his opinion, someone asked and he answered. Many people share that opinion that the post WW2 period was a great time for "America."

People obviously will disagree. Some people think America was never great to begin with. Nothing controversial here IMO.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Do you know anybody black on those cities or ATS has turned into deny intelligence. I'll wait for ur data and sources on this .lol

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Lent?

lent (verb)(past tense)

contribute or add (something, especially a quality) to. "the smile lent his face a boyish charm"
synonyms: add, impart, give, bestow, confer, provide, supply, furnish, contribute
"these examples lend weight to his assertions"

The UK paid for the material you sent us. It was not charity but a business transaction. And one we paid in full.

Got a receipt?

The German invasion of the UK had failed nearly a year before the US turned up.

So why do you think Mother England didn't invade on her own and just mop things right up?

And even when you did turn up again it was not out of charity or to save anyone but to defend your own arses because Japan dragged you into the war.

Really? I think we made sure your asses were safe from the Russians, before we got real cozy with the Japanese. Wasn't America great back then? Always putting her allies before her own interests.

And the UK had to practically hold your hands in combat right up till Italy as your troops and officers were so inexperienced.

And you messed up Omaha beach on D day.

Yep. Two thousand Yanks paid the ultimate price opening up the invasion. And what are you doing? Belittling their sacrifice. Makes you feel damn proud now, doesn't it?

It's been real, cousin. Enjoyed the chat. Moving along from here. M-kay?
edit on 2832016 by Snarl because: Format

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join