It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking the Commandments Pt1: EASTER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Exodus 20

3“You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Where did Easter get it's name from?

The name “Easter” has its roots in ancient polytheistic religions (paganism). On this, all scholars agree.

Most reference books say that the name “Easter” derived from the Eastre, the Teutonic goddess of Spring. Although this relationship exists, in reality, the origin of the name and the goddess are far more ancient—going all the way back to the Tower of Babel. The origin begins not long after the biblical Flood.

After the Flood, Noah had a talented, but evil, great-grandson named Nimrod (Genesis 10:6-10) who rebelled greatly against God. The Bible says that he was “a mighty one”. Jewish tradition indicates that Nimrod was a tyrant “who made all of the people rebellious against God.” It is evident from history that Nimrod was not only a political leader, but also the lead priest of a form of occultic worship.

Nimrod built and organized major cities. The Bible notes that these included Babel, Asshur, Nineveh and Calah (Genesis 10:10-12).

It was at Nimrod’s city of Babel (Babylon) that a towering structure was first built in defiance of God as part of their Satanic religion.

Babel was the origin of an idolatrous system that swept the world. The Bible says of her, “Babylon… the nations drank her wine; Therefore the nations are deranged” (Jeremiah 51:7). The Bible often speaks of the Satanic religions which came from her. The ancient Greek historian Herodotus “witnessed the Mystery religion and its rites in numerous countries and mentions how Babylon was the primeval source from which ALL systems of idolatry flowed.”

Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny both were featured in the spring festivals of Ostara, which were initially held during the feasts of the goddess Ishtar/ Inanna. Eggs are obvious symbols of fertility, and the newborn chicks an adorable representation of new growth. Brightly colored eggs, chicks, and bunnies were all used at festival time to express appreciation for Ostara's gift of abundance.

The idea of an egg-laying rabbit was taken to America in the 1700's by German immigrants. They told their children to make 'nests' with their caps and bonnets, and if they were good the Easter bunny would leave them colored eggs.

These stats are mind-boggling

People pick the Bible apart and say it's not "real". It's just a book of fairy tales and fables! Is it??? Or, is the Bible our real history books??? Has the truth been revealed but concealed and discouraged, with religious teachings and beliefs????

I heard, that tptb have to reveal their plans to us, before they actually do them. Could the Bible really be true, but the creation of these other religions makes it seem as if it were just a book of fiction and not factual?

Do people understand the rituals they're practicing? Do they understand that they are bringing curses upon their children's lives that will last for generations? Look what has happened over the past 200 years, statistically.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

People keep saying: "Why is God allowing these things to happen in our society?" "Why doesn't He do something?" My answer is this: "HE DID DO SOMETHING. He told us to stay away from certain things because those spiritual things are not good for these earthly vessels. But, do we listen? NO! We keep crying to God with the same ole tears.

So, i ask you: WHAT DO YOU WANT GOD TO DO? What would you do, that God hasn't already done, if you were God??? What do you do to your children, when they break YOUR RULES????? Matter of fact, what does our government do, when we break THEIR RULES????

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Might I suggest that if you want to bash Christians, you focus on the New Testament instead of using the Old Testament aka the Torah?

The Old Testament is the history of the Jews and their God.

Yea, I know, it's hard for even Christians to understand that let alone those who are not Christians....sigh.

Happy Easter!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't mean to be dense but could you perhaps elaborate on the connection you are drawing between the poverty and Easter statistics and everything else you wrote? I am genuinely curious but am not quite seeing the point you are trying to make.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The Bible can be compared to a large puzzle you are trying to build so that
you can see the big picture.You have to get these puzzle pieces from both
testaments,old and new.If anyone says they are a new testament only church,
I would run away from that church as fast as I can.
I quit mainstream christianity and now listen to a Messianic rabbi.

Also,easter is pagan! You should say happy resurrection sunday instead of happy easter.
edit on 26-3-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

The Bible can be compared to a large puzzle you are trying to build so that
you can see the big picture.You have to get these puzzle pieces from both
testaments,old and new.If anyone says they are a new testament only church,
I would run away from that church as fast as I can.
I quit mainstream christianity and now listen to a Messianic rabbi.

I was raised Catholic and was taught about the Torah in college by a Rabbi. Not as a religious course per se but a history of the Jews.
Now if you really look at the God in the Torah, the only people with a chance in hell of being redeemed by that God, were the Jews. Thus the term Gentiles?

Anyhow, I respect your faith, even though I might not personally believe in it. Having a faith or not, at least Easter is a reason for families to get together and have a meal. It is also a reason for people to at least reflect on whether or not their deeds in life are good or bad. It also might be a reason for people to step out of their selfishness and try to do 1 good thing for others who are less fortunate?

My point? The OP is not going to change any ones faith by bashing it. Perhaps the OP might feel better about themselves, but in the end, it changes nothing......

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Actually your statement about only the Jews having a chance at redemption is false. Nowhere is that idea espoused in Holy Scripture.

In fact Jehovah promised that every nation of man would be blessed on account of Abraham, the faith he had, and his offspring (the foretold Messiah, Jesus Christ):

(Genesis 12:3) And all the families of the ground will certainly be blessed by means of you.. . .

Never was it said that just Jews would be saved. In fact people out of all nations and peoples and tongues were blessed by means of the coming Messiah.

Also, if you read even in the law covenant (the Torah as you called it) alien residents in the land were to be treated the same as any other Israelite. They were to be given the same justice and the same love:

(Leviticus 19:10) 10 Also, you must not gather the leftovers of your vineyard, and you must not pick up the scattered grapes of your vineyard. For the afflicted one and the alien resident you should leave them.. . .

(Leviticus 19:33, 34) . . .“‘And in case an alien resident resides with you as an alien in YOUR land, YOU must not mistreat him. The alien resident who resides as an alien with YOU should become to YOU like a native of YOURS; and you must love him as yourself. . .

In fact this law of Jehovah to the Israelites to love the alien residents in the land as themselves, Jesus later quoted as the second greatest commandment out of all the laws. In fact he showed that people of other nations were really our neighbors, and we must have love for them just as we do ourselves:

(Matthew 22:39) The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

There's another school of thought regarding the origins of the name "Easter" that's both pagan and quite simple.

During the spring solstice, the amount of sunlight is officially greater than the amount of darkness. The sun rises in the east. Boom.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Jews were the chosen people to bring the message of God to the world, they failed

God did not honor the Jews because of their constant failures and sin

Celebrating Christs resurrection at Easter is not a sin.
Worshiping Easter eggs and bunny a is
Different context

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are very incorrect.The majority of the Old testament is about a nation of people named Israel comprised of 12 patriarchal 'tirbes" descendant of Jacob(named Israel) ONE of which is Judah.In around 920 BCE the nations of Israel split into two Kingdoms the Northern (named Israel) and the Southerns named Judah.A few hundred years later the Northern kingdom of Israel was taken captive by the Assyrians and soon dispersed never to be a nation again.Israel and Judah are not interchangeable they are not the same people.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The Jews were the chosen people to bring the message of God to the world, they failed

God did not honor the Jews because of their constant failures and sin

Celebrating Christs resurrection at Easter is not a sin.
Worshiping Easter eggs and bunny a is
Different context

If God is all knowing why would he even bother with Moses and the Israelites knowing they would fail? Seems a little fishy to me. The bible also says God never changes yet he changed a lot between old testament and new. Again fishy. Also believing that one man was resurrected from the dead

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

originally posted by: seeker1963

You are very incorrect.The majority of the Old testament is about a nation of people named Israel comprised of 12 patriarchal 'tirbes" descendant of Jacob(named Israel) ONE of which is Judah.In around 920 BCE the nations of Israel split into two Kingdoms the Northern (named Israel) and the Southerns named Judah.A few hundred years later the Northern kingdom of Israel was taken captive by the Assyrians and soon dispersed never to be a nation again.Israel and Judah are not interchangeable they are not the same people.

Umm actually... Israel and judah were side by side in anchient times and they were both Hebrew nations. one was just a diffrent type of hebrew. ANd yeah as som eoters have said. celebrating th eresurrection Cool. But Celebrating a bunny and candy and toys? NOPE not kosher.

new topics

top topics

join