It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam a religion of peace?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

More Christianity. "Weaponized Christianity" to be sure, in a thread regarding the "religion of peace".

The lengths to which you must torture yourself to avoid the very mention of Islam is frightening, especially when innocent people are slaughtered in its name and for its gods. It's a religion. It's not a race; it's not a people; it's not "the other"; and unless you yourself wrongly consider it one of these, there is no reason to partake in such self-censorship.

The victims of the Lahore attack were mainly Christian, women and children, but I suppose Christian interests will only use their deaths as ammo for some insidious propaganda. The funny thing is, and Orwell speaks about this phenomenon, is that it is your type of rhetoric that is used in terrorist propaganda against the west. We can find your sentiments in any jihadist's off-to-be-a-martyr video.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So right!!

When the terrorists espouse the lefts rhetoric do you truly need anymore proof?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I don't trust people that can't (or won't) self reflect

I don't trust people that tell other people what to think - just as you're doing here

We all live in a world where history tells us the truth - according to our own prejudices. How is it you're not capable of acquiescing on this one point?
How is it that you never criticize your beloved west - except when you criticize those members that are criticizing it?

I don't live in your echo chamber - I live in a world where we are all capable of doing great harm. Admitting this is not propaganda - or dishonest

You're dishonest

edit on 3/29/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In the most basic terms; holy texts that constain violence and opression will lead to violence and opression. People can pretend violent and oppressive religions are peaceful because they live ina peaceful and civilized society.Religious folk almost AWAYS.turn a blind eye to the bad in their faith. They are somewhat responsible for the jusifications behind things like islamic extremists.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Not nearly as violent as those who don't believe in any gods
Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao.
All atheists all card carrying Darwinists and all with atrocities on massive scales at their feet

Now let's talk about Scotsman or something

Remember, atheism teaches humans are just a byproduct of star dirt and star water, evolved from dust, humans are just cattle, no intrinsic value, no earthly good, a mistake.

By contrast to the abrahamic religions death toll, those atheists and their beliefs, well you know

Also remember, Adolph and his buddies, they killed Jews en mass because they were considered less evolved, ala Darwinism

So it would seem a great deal more violence in atheism than the holy book

Congratulations atheism, you win gold, gold, gold

Now let's address all abrahamic Faith's are the same

I noted a little Israeli bashing, an IDF member shot a man who stabbed someone with a knife, he was arrested.
Caused a bit of controversy, Jews don't like their military killing people,in cold blood
Western society is considered Western because?
Well it has Christian Based laws and morals, you know?
It's Western, not eastern, middle eastern. Ever noticed how third world people want to live in country's that are predominantly Christian in their morals, ethics
Have you ever noticed that country's that had a rebirth due to protesting the Catholic Church have advanced so readily

Protestent church started in Western Europe, then the UK (not Northern Ireland) then onto the US
Ever wondered why those country's are so successful, why you don't want to emigrate to the ME or South America

You stand on the shoulders of giants and think you are tall, you are not

Not so when you include the Shamanist Mongol conquests. That pretty much tips the scale any way you look at it.

Regarding Islam, I don't think the OP is talking about history. He's talking about the present. And, though there are many, many peaceful Muslims, I tend to side with Sam Harris on most of his assertions(please do some Youtubing if you don't know who Sam Harris is). This idea that Islam is off limits to criticism is nothing short of lunacy in my humble opinion. Stop and think about it, contextually, what you're saying we cannot say...

edit on 29-3-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2016 by humanityrising because: 4 edits; apparently I'm drunk

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I am not defending Islam, I refuse to defend Judaism and its crimes against the Palestinians and as for Christianity. Religion has caused to many deaths
Imagine the amount of Christians who will take up arms in the US if the government try's to take away guns, imagine the death toll
Will a war be fought on guns or will the rallying cry be faith, will it be "Gods" battle

It sounds like the op et al are trying to blame religion, when religion is being used as a reason to sustain the fight. It's not about religion, it's revenge

No religion, pagan, Abrahamic or secular should be off limits

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Raggedyman: 4th post from the op's Didn't sound like the one you are playing right now Meh, whatever

SO: why not engage and PLAY anyway!

edit on 30-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
So right!! When the terrorists espouse the lefts rhetoric do you truly need anymore proof?

Democrats would actually have to start beheading people to prove this supposition.
edit on 30-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All Islamic linked terrorism is from a sect of Islam called Wahhabism. Look it up. True islam is not so extreme, similarly there are parts of the bible that Christians don't follow. Also the passages you quote need to be read in context. Furthermore Mohammed did have many brides and some were younger because many men died in war. So the women had nobody to protect them and support them. It was a different time.
a reply to: TechniXcality

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CJS4life
17; and was done so out of compassion as those women would have perished in the streets.

edit on 31-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
You have said it all, If there were no top dogs and we all lived in separate , tribe like, zones, we would, or Could, know what Peace really is.... Wish you all the best for years ahead, some 'Dick Head', will find a reason to ruin such for all of us ......as usual..

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
think twice
edit on 1-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: steaming
a reply to: Rosinitiate
You have said it all, If there were no top dogs and we all lived in separate , tribe like, zones, we would, or Could, know what Peace really is.... Wish you all the best for years ahead, some 'Dick Head', will find a reason to ruin such for all of us ......as usual..

No,no no...The problem is that there is a disconnect to what is un-percieved by the human; as IS the same God expressing through its children being of or different the same EXPRESSION. WE ARE ALL OF the SAME Expression (that of God), WE ARE IT.
edit on 1-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join