It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam a religion of peace?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Not nearly as violent as those who don't believe in any gods
Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao.
All atheists all card carrying Darwinists and all with atrocities on massive scales at their feet

Now let's talk about Scotsman or something

Remember, atheism teaches humans are just a byproduct of star dirt and star water, evolved from dust, humans are just cattle, no intrinsic value, no earthly good, a mistake.

By contrast to the abrahamic religions death toll, those atheists and their beliefs, well you know

Also remember, Adolph and his buddies, they killed Jews en mass because they were considered less evolved, ala Darwinism

So it would seem a great deal more violence in atheism than the holy book

Congratulations atheism, you win gold, gold, gold

atheism doesn't TEACH anything.....it's the absence of belief in a mythical godlike being, and to the powers and control assigned to that mythical being that are brought to bear on others....there are no atheist schools or classrooms, no study books, no tests, etc....

It teaches bigotry and superiority and moral relativism.

Mohammed is no Jesus.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Burgurbuddy brings up a good point. we never see Jews or Christians killing anyone today in the name of religion.

the cleansing of Canaan was made necessary by the actions of the Canaanites themselves, who practiced child sacrifice, slavery, cultic prostitution, etc, resulting in generation after generation of amoral people doomed to hell. God decreed they be removed as an act of mercy after giving them time to repent.

capital punishment to witches, gays, etc was a covenant made with Israel during the time of Moses. That covenant no longer applies, which is why, as I mentioned, we don't see Jews or Christians exterminating anyone today.

Christians who war in the name of faith are violating the Bible, not following it; muslims who kill in the name of allah are following the koran, not violating it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: TechniXcality

There is two types of apostacy...

The one we all know of, which is leaving said religion.

This is not punishable and I can prove this with Quranic scripture...

4:137 Indeed, those who have believed then disbelieved, then believed, then disbelieved, and then increased in disbelief - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a way.

There is no punishment for changing beliefs, I believe this to be the case that when revealed it was known that at any point, an apostate could revert back to Islam.

Now if murdered for their apostacy, they don't get that choice, and that takes Judgement away from Allah and into the hands of men.

The second apostasy is lesser known...
It is what Mody referred to as Al Fitnah, which can be translated as wrongful persecution, or causing destruction...

Someone bent on destroying Islam after leaving the religion would fit the definition of this type of apostate.

Do I believe in killing them?

That's difficult and I'd base it case by case...

Think Edward Snowden's treasonous behaviour...
To some, a martyr, to others, a traitor.

If someone leaves Islam and starts war against Muslims, this is another fitting definition of Al Fitnah...

& I'm quite sure if circumstances as such befell the United States, you'd be one of the first to fight back and nullify such traitorism.

Bolded part is really where islam is 180 degrees from christianity, besides I'm not aware of any apostasy in the christian faiths.

You can get excommunicated but you won't get murdered for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Such contentions are conflating the terms Jihadist Extremists and Muslim.

Estimates vary, but the number of Jihadists average around 100,000 world-wide (CNN among others)

Again, number of Muslims world-wide: 1.6 billion.

Jihadists compared with Muslims: 100,000/1,600,000,000 or 1 in 16,000 or 0.00625 %
edit on 27-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Estimates vary, but the number of Jihadists average around 100,000 world-wide (CNN among others)

Jihadists compared with Muslims: 100,000/1,600,000,000 or 1 in 16,000 or 0.00625 %

Hey, there are 7 bil people on the planet! We can get that % number down even lower!

I've heard up to 10% would go all in if needed.

100,000 murderous nutjobs ain't no joke. lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Have you now? From whom, someone else talking out of their nethers?

It's ridiculous, given the facts, to equate jihadists and Muslims.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi!! Resident Muslim here / student of Islamic fiqh (law ).

For the 100th time clearly the OP has taken these verses out of contex. Let me guess using the vial site Answeringislam? Turned over night scholar ?

Of course you are. Have you ever tried addressing these verses to a qualified REAL Islamic Scholar? Of course you haven't. All you do is brows bias websites who misquote Scripture.

Their are many difering sects in Islam , some extreme , some mystical , some just....meh wacky.

Many of these sects have their own interpretation of scripture ,namely Hadith.. Also depending on where you are in the world certain practices have been introduced into islam and have been mistaken as a practice OF islamic tradition when they arnt. But people who lack the knowlege like your self don't have the ability to differentiate the two.

Sorta how the media groups us all together as one evil apratus.

Understand the quran and veres were relevant to issues going on during that time. Issues such as war etc etc.

Not to mention the understanding of metaphors contained within it.

Blah blah blah.. Wish i had more time to tell show you how off beat you are .

But honestly i am sick of this same old argument on ATS have you tried the search function ?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. (Hosea 13:16)

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalms 137:8-9)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hasn't there been thousands of threads on ATS about the exactly same topic ?
What's the point of creating another one ?
People Use same arguments as in the previous threads, it's just an endless loop.
ATS definitely needs fresh blood, people that view things from different angles,different approach because this is getting boring. I probably am off topic but anything i was about to write on topic has already been written before on ATs. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

What is the point of creating another thread about the same topic over and over again?
STARS and FLAGS is the reason.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

What is the point of creating another thread about the same topic over and over again?

What's the point of Ftars and Slags?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Islam comes from the term aslama: surrender, resign, submit.

Peace of a sort can be accomplished if everyone surrenders. For a time.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Islam comes from the term aslama: surrender, resign, submit.

Peace of a sort can be accomplished if everyone surrenders. For a time.

You left off "to God."

Makes a bit of difference, no?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: mamabeth

What's the point of Ftars and Slags?

From a personal point of view: i would just skip every post you write If your number of posts was higher than the number of stars you have received. I know it's stupid,but hundreds of posts are written on ATS each and every day so it's a good way of sorting out what and what no to respond to in my opinion . This OP clearly doesent support my theory as the member that started it has tons of stars and flags but i could probably "live" without even reading/responding to this thread. Did i mention my theory was stupid ?
edit on 27-3-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hey, there are 7 bil people on the planet! We can get that % number down even lower!

100,000 murderous nutjobs ain't no joke. lol.

Not to mention that they hide the own:
Link
Family, friends and a network of petty criminals, rather than Islamic State (Isis), hid Paris attacker Salah Abdeslam in the Molenbeek neighbourhood of Belgian capital Brussels over the course of a four-month international manhunt, French and Belgian officials have said.
Peaceful, i really dont think so

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hey bro ! long time no see . missed you buddy .

lets start with the sarcastic "Islam is the religion of peace " :

I invite everyone to please take a little time to read this post, there are many propaganda out there against Islam so let me at least defend ourselves for a minute .

Indeed Islam is the religion of peace bro . the verses you quoted are taken out of context . to see what really quran says (and you are really an enthusiast in this matter - please read one of the books which are called tafsir books and they elaborate every single verse : one of the best in my opinion is here : www.almizan.org... ) .

So you need another book to see what does quran mean by each verse ok ? specially if you have NOT read the quran completely at last 3-4 times .

the verses you quoted are mostly talking about the time when quran was being written by the prophet .

so if you let me i'll explain it :

When Mohammad came to the people of Arabia, they were a bunch of illiterate, wild and merciless people . Ask any Arab you saw . they had no culture what so ever . they buried their little girls alive as their fathers were ashamed of having a daughter and they buried their OWN kids alive . thats how disgusting they were . they were all pagans and some of them believed in Sun as being the God and some worshiped other mammals and so forth .

Anyone who was a believer was in danger . no one (christians nor jews) where safe to speak their minds or else they would have their heads on a plate handed over to their wives .

When mohammad started to advertise for God, they of course fought with him and didn't tolerate the alternative voice . BIG wars happened and women and children were sacrificed because of them .

These verses are about that people . still find them aggressive ? well i don't and i'm proud of them .

So ....

if you quote just one verse and translate it you're simply doing the most wrong thing possible .

One CANNOT do that and be right about Quran .

Now i understand that you're angry with the attacks of extremists on innocent people and you deep inside blame Islam for it but believe me bro , thats not the case by far .

every religion has their fair share of faults and i believe that the problem lies not with christianity, Islam or judaism but it lies with the understanding of people from these religions .

I'm more than proud to be a muslim and i find peace in it . heck i cannot live normally without it cause i NEED to believe . my life is incomplete without it .

Now i'd be more than happy to answer any other questions you have .

and BTW, i'm also happy to debate darwinism on a biologic basis with anyone who is interested .

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wether POPULAR Islam doesn't agree or not it 's a TARGETING issue for the West/Christians,until the ISLAMIC violent factions are ELIMINATED as acceptable organizations.
Wether WE do it or YOU do it collectively as members of the Islamic faith.
We could give a S##T if Islam agrees or WHY they are attacking ,THAT point was LONG passed by the "Lawrence of Arabia" days.
The xenophobic nature and DELIBERATE underdevelopment as a result are both obvious and eschewed by western culture which ALL of Islam must either fight or change.
It's really obvious.
I as a person HATE the horrible carnage, I just was good at it ,as are MOST in combat positions in America ( WHICH is why we are so deadly and Eastern armies fail) We have more,better Trained ,people in and out that know how to fight well,more than any army on Earth ,along with our ability to adapt to the fight,China and Russia STILL require central command, we nominally kill that on a regular basis of 10 to 1, when they join the field.

ALL of that is going out ,wars and radicalized people of all types are both getting stopped.
Xenophobia, while still extent ,is dying.
I don't and will NEVER demand you take part in American decadence or your faith must be stopped.

CAN Islam say the same ABOUT STOPPING their ridiculous superiority as the Christians are ,who ,in fact TRY to embrace humility?
Americans ARE exceptional as the best COME here to make money,
MUCH of our greatness come's from IMMIGRANTS who do so legally and have helped create US, still do.
HOWEVER YOU WILL assimilate to us if you live here ,you get to go to jail or we'll outright kill you if you don't (Don't reject those around where you live or you'd best leave)
edit on 27-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You can never have a religion of peace as long as it involves the human species. Religion is of man. I believe we all have a spirit/soul. It is what you put in that spirit and soul that makes the person. Maybe if we get rid of religion (we can cleanse the soul) and just start doing what is right. We wouldn't need to have these threads. Basically man is going to destroy himself. We need a do over at this point.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Koran offers a list of rules that if obeyed will supposedly give you a divine reward. A good Muslim believes me to be wrong and should gladly see me destroyed in the name of justice come 'the day of doom'. Jews are the same.

Both religions are right to an extent - it will end violently.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
You can never have a religion of peace as long as it involves the human species. Religion is of man.

Boom. Right there. Just drop the mic and walk away.

Really all that needs to be said.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join