It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam a religion of peace?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then they'll have their caliphate and be a permanent fixture.

Yeah. In hell.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sure it's a peaceful religion, unless you draw a picture of Mohamed.
Sorry but I can't accept something so stupid getting somebody killed being a peaceful religion.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I might be late and redundant here, but it's "TENETS", not "tenants."
Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I might be late and redundant here, but it's "TENETS", not "tenants."
Sheesh.

Live in the word!! It's a shelter of sorts ya know...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Sure it's a peaceful religion, unless you draw a picture of Mohamed.
Sorry but I can't accept something so stupid getting somebody killed being a peaceful religion.

A Shiite or Quranist wouldn't care about such trivialities.

Some Sunnis would, and Wahhabists would probably kill you.

It's not universal and certainly not an Islamic tenet.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I can't help but think this ancient dilemma will continue to evolve into what it once was...
A Holy war where all are forced to take a side...
It's becoming more evident that it's not going to stop and this can only bring about the unacceptable practice of the faith responsible...
It will be a matter of ethics and moral responsibility born out of fear and the necessary safety people long for...
What is greatly disturbing is the acts that are perpetrated in the name of thier God and the claims made of him willing it...
Also equally as disturbing to me is that those of the same faith will extend those same practices upon them for not being true to the faith if unwilling to conform to them also...
And Allah forbid you should extend the olive branch to Christians and wish for both faiths to be reminded of the love of Christ or the prince of peace if you will...
This will see you murdered by those of your own faith we saw more proof of this on this holy holiday...
Another thing that troubles me is muslims who are offended when those referred to as radicals or weaponized muslims are frowned upon for believing they are doing the full will of the faith...
Why are muslims not outraged at these acts and doing all they can to distance themselves from it?
Even those who do not believe in any gods would be forced to conform and thus pick a side...
I find more evidence of this in the bible where it is stated you will be forced to make a choice or be beheaded...
I think that is rather indicative of the times and quite prophetic...
Everybody needs to smarten up...
When Christ was angry at the proud ways of those in religious power, and was questioned how to pray to God?
He did not say to force your beliefs onto others or to make a big show of it publicly...
Nope... he said to lock yourself in the closet to hide yourself away when you pray...
This is a clear indication that our relationship with God is meant to be personal...
Happy Easter everybody!
for whatever that means to you...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mody20102003

Dude, what the #...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

S&F

I know you and I have had our differences in the past, but I can sincerely say I agree with your criticisms of Islam. What's more interesting is the reception of your OP from a few fellow members.
I got a similar reception for a similar thread.. It seems criticizing Islam is slightly taboo..

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is a real muslim?

One that extends you peace irregardless of all things?

Or one that would kill you if you do not believe everything they do?

The root of it must be in the teachings of the faith itself, I believe this is the very premise of this thread...
And I for one believe it deserves real research...

Today's reality for each and everyone of us should require an answer to this very question...
For any of us could fall victim to the terror that chooses to hide behind it...
edit on 26-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

ISIS is going to continue to make gains.

They haven't made any significant gains in approximately 9 months, and they're currently being pushed back on nearly all fronts.

After a few more years, someone will get the bright idea to make a treaty with them.

I suspect they will cease to exist as a state-like entity in 'a few more years'.

Iraq has started its campaign towards Mosul, and Raqqa is also in the sights of allied forces and the Syrian government. Eventually, ISIS will revert back into an insurgency as they were during the Iraq war.

We will never be able to destroy ISIS, but we can severely cripple it. Just as we did when they were AQI/ISI.

Then they'll have their caliphate and be a permanent fixture.

That will never happen. Only three states recognised Afghanistan when the Taliban took office and declared the country an Islamic state. Most never recognised it, and i bet no country would recognise ISIS as a legitimate government either.

Maybe a seat on the UN.

Nope.

Might as well start waving your white flag now.

No need. The coalition is doing severe damage to ISIS and it will be crippled once again. The real threat is in the people they have influenced, so there needs to be domestic programs to deal with that.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Most muslims that i know told me that islam means to be at peace with god.

Have fun with your islam bashing thread.

and you believe that? turn on the tv and wake up lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My opinion is that Islam is a very dangerous and usually oppressive ideology. It makes far right christians look super liberal.

I support the right to freedom of religion, but that stops when someone tries to push it on others by means of violence and threat. And while i support anyones desire to be Muslim, that doesnt mean I have to agree with it or praise it. I can call it how I see it.

This does not mean muslim individuals are necessarily good or bad people. And probably most are decent folks. But the ideology itself is nontheless egregious to liberty.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So personally, I'd say you're correct in that Islam as a religion is no different from any other religion. They all preach tolerance and love when it suits them and practice something entirely different.

Don't complain about child brides in Islam without acknowledging the cesspool that is that Catholic Church. What's worse?, taking a child as a bride to "care" for or to manipulate and induce fear in a child if he were to speak about his/her alleged abuse? I mean this sincerely. Reminds me of a story about a splinter in the eye or something.

All faiths of Abraham are perfect examples of what a control system is. Jam packed with wonderful taboos and fetishes. Eat them up yum!

I think both are as bad as each other. All religions should be judged equally.
Personally I dont like any religion.
I also find it frustrating that as soon as something is confronted in one religion, people use other religions as a defense. Since when is it a competition of who can be the most terrible.
ISLAM has bad aspects. This needs to be recognised and delt with. Just like CHRISTIANITY has bad aspects that need to be recognised and delt with.
Bringing up the fact that christianity also has negatives doesnt make the negatives of islam any less. Just like bringing up the fact islam has negative aspects doesnt take away from the negative aspects of Christianity. They are separate issues UNLESS we are making a blanket statement that all religion is bad.
This post is about recognising the bad aspects of islam.

On that point I'll just that there is enough going on through the world at the hands of people hiding behind islam that people have a right to be afraid.
Just like how through history there were many times when people had a right to be afraid of Christianity.
edit on 27-3-2016 by IvyNeptune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Not nearly as violent as those who don't believe in any gods
Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao.

Not sure about that. The Christian God massacred all humanity except for one family.

God also commanded the Israelites to massacre the Amalekites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

lol! For good reasons, too!

Do you know what they did to get wiped out?

It always dismays and amuses me to hear people judging God as if He doesn't know what He is doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
here are a few acts punishable by death in the bible.

Committing adultery between a man and a woman (Leviticus 20:10-12, Deuteronomy 22:22).
Lying about virginity (Deuteronomy 22:20-21).
Being one of the majority of women that don’t bleed when losing your virginity (Deuteronomy 22:20-21).
Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales (Deuteronomy 14:9-10).
Eating any meat not killed according to the Kosher practice (Deuteronomy 12:21).
Eating a cheeseburger or anything that mixes meat and dairy (Exodus 23:19).
Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7-8).
Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17).
Being a male who is not circumcised (Genesis 17:14).
Trying to convert people to another religion (Deuteronomy 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 18:20).
Worshiping idols (Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7).
Practicing magic (Exodus 22:18).
Consulting a psychic or spiritualist (Leviticus 19:31).
Being a psychic, medium or spiritualist (Leviticus 20:27).
Cursing your parents (Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9).
Being a stubborn, rebellious, profligate, and drunk (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard (Leviticus 19:27)
Living in a city that failed to surrender to the Israelites (Deuteronomy 20:12-14).
Not constraining a known dangerous bull, if the bull subsequently kills a man or a woman (Exodus 21:29).

you're also going to hell if you committed any of them too!

ps: translating the qur'an is a sin too, so good luck with that.

Those people that live by the OT are rampaging through a city near you.

Got any OT horror stories that's happened in the past week?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If you haven't already seen it/ nobody has mentioned yet, I'd highly recommend a peek at the below video.
It's a debate by IntelligenceSquared with both sides arguing their opinions with thoughtful points and detailed reasons.
TL;DW*
The debate ultimately leaned in favor of the arguments against a peaceful Islam, citing many references to violent, vengeful or barbaric acts.

edit on 27-3-2016 by ADAMandEVIL because: Add TLDW

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You mean like the man in Glasgow who was stabbed to death for being at peace?a reply to: dukeofjive696969

His family are also fearing for their lives. How many British muslims are frightened of speaking out or integrating with non muslims exactly because of events like this. Whilst people keep protecting radical islam they are also not protecting the peaceful muslims in our societies.

edit on 27-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join