It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans scared they can't bring guns to GOP convention

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sigh, this sort of OP is exactly why I left ATS several years back.

Fear of guns.
Name calling.
Republicans versus whoever.

This debate is tired. The origin of that original petition is unknown. Just as likely that it was a troll trying to be ironic. If you fear guns America must be a very scary place for you. I pity you and your fear.

Take a gun safety class from a professional and demystify them so that you may live in a little less fear during your brief time on this amazingly diverse blue jewel.

edit on 28-3-2016 by Mrgone because: l

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well let's see, so far most of the rioting and group violence at GOP rallys has been targeted TOWARD the republican supporters by fanatical hyperliberals and 'progressives' who just can't help but explode in anger that other humans could possibly have an opinion different from their own......

Personally I'd say the GOP convention is probably a prime target for liberal terrorists, trouble makers and maybe even traditional terrorists. So I don't really have a problem with the participants wanting to exercise a CONSTITUTIONAL right.

Being private property though, I guess they either have to temporarily buy the venue, or pay the owner to agree to different terms and probably buy insurance to cover any possible fallout from a firearms incident at the convention.

^^^See what happens when you stop hyperventilating long enough to apply some critical thought? A rational solution!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Don't think the venue will get much choice as I'm sure the secret service are the ones running security.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The owner of the property has said that no firearms are allowed.....EXCEPT!
They clearly have no problem with police or the SS having firearms so in reality its "Only the special anointed ones are allowed to have firearms onsite."
Now that's the right of the property ownership so I don't have a beef with that however its clearly the position of the RNC that they are in agreement with that.
So either its your party and they represent you and thus trust that you are a lawful citizen and should not be placed in a position of potential victim, or the party really does not trust you and it really does not belong to you and you are nothing more than a good little peasant that will vote and do as you are told while the lords are holding court protected by their knightly henchmen.

Meanwhile the Orcs will be outside on the rampage.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join