It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans scared they can't bring guns to GOP convention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: n00bUK

a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Here are the facts:
- Over 100,000 people die in the US every year from obesity.
- Spoons are completely unregulated. They will sell them to children... even fat children.

Its not like you can pick up a pack of kripsy kremes and kill a half a dozen school kids within the space of an hour though is it Butcher.

So you don't care about over 100,000 lives lost due to obesity.... many of them children.
How can you live with yourself?

Most gun owners in the US do not go down the street mowing down innocent people, or we wouldn't have many people left here.

Of counrse I care butcher, but theres a big difference.

Correct.
Huge difference.
Many more people killed by obesity.
But, it isn't about how many people die... it is about an emotional response to the fear of an inanimate object.
No one uses food to kill another person on purpose. Stupid comparison is stupid.

So you don't give a crap about how many people are dying from preventable causes unless the cause is guns?
Just a second there, professor. I said your comparison is illogical. The regulation of weapons and the regulation of food is not comparable. Food cannot be used to kill another.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's not a gun free zone. There will be plenty of weapons that belong to private security, police, and secret service. It'll be one of the most protected places in the US at that time so I'm sure Secret Service would agree to no guns rule for Cruz and Trump fans.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
from OP article...

More than 22,000 people have signed a petition calling for Americans to be allowed to carry firearms at the Republican National Convention -- because the ban puts lives at risk.

And naturally, no link to the supposed "petition".

I bet it's mostly just Left Wing agitators "signing" this psy-ops.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

If the crowds are as bad as they were in Arizona and Chicago, I hope there is armed security there.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Considering how Trump rally's have been since the start I wouldn't want Trump supporters to bring weapons in either, especially if there will be protesters there. As if it's illogical to see things getting out hand quickly! Do you really wanna see a Trump supporter pull a weapon on a protester?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Then you know how paranoid Obama is, and has been, even far more than any past president. So you have to admit that Obama is not normal too right? Or are your criteria only one sided? Not a question I really need to ask since I already know the answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from OP article...

More than 22,000 people have signed a petition calling for Americans to be allowed to carry firearms at the Republican National Convention -- because the ban puts lives at risk.

So you agree the petition is mental, then? Considering it infringes on the venue-owner's right to regulate his private property? That's good.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I don't want to see anyone harmed.

Even Bernie supporters.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

from OP article...

So you agree the petition is mental, then? Considering it infringes on the venue-owner's right to regulate his private property? That's good.

?? where did I declare all that ??

You have a problem.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

from OP article...

?? where did I declare all that ??

You have a problem.

Well if you assume that "left wing agitators" are signing it to make the GOP look bad, you must think the petition is bad, yes?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

What petition?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Same and not allowing guns for any yahoo to bring will ensure no one gets shot. In either case, if the venue didn't ban guns the Secret Service would have.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Food cannot be used to kill another.

Yes it can.

Next!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Here are the facts:
- Over 100,000 people die in the US every year from obesity.
- Spoons are completely unregulated. They will sell them to children... even fat children.

Its not like you can pick up a pack of kripsy kremes and kill a half a dozen school kids within the space of an hour though is it Butcher.

So you don't care about over 100,000 lives lost due to obesity.... many of them children.
How can you live with yourself?

Most gun owners in the US do not go down the street mowing down innocent people, or we wouldn't have many people left here.

Of counrse I care butcher, but theres a big difference.

Correct.
Huge difference.
Many more people killed by obesity.
But, it isn't about how many people die... it is about an emotional response to the fear of an inanimate object.
Stupid comparison is stupid.

stupid phrasing is stupid...seriously so lame

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

What petition?

This one,

RECOGNIZE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY FIREARMS AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION AT THE QUICKEN LOANS ARENA IN JULY 2016

www.change.org...

Now go & sign it to support our god given rights.
Now I know people are claiming private property rights trumps the Constitution but...

What if this guy was a Godless communist or something & demanded that no prayer be allowed on "his" property.
Would you let that stand, no convocation of God.

I used quotation marks for "his" property because he's renting that to new owners for the duration, so the party should decide.

#opencarrycleveland

K~

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Where does it state in the constitution that we have a right to open carry firearms at the RNC 2016 convention...and subvert the rights of another to do so?

A private property owner has every right to set the rules of what he/she/they will allow on their property. It is not an infringement if you have the option not to enter the property.

Edit:

I used quotation marks for "his" property because he's renting that to new owners for the duration, so the party should decide.

Renting is not ownership and the real owner can place stipulations on what can occur on the property while being rented.
edit on 26-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yes, I would...and you my friend sound a little out of touch with reality...js

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Perfectly true.

Although the same argument can be made when it comes to discriminating against any person for their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Perfectly true.

Although the same argument can be made when it comes to discriminating against any person for their beliefs.

A private property owner can discriminate all they like, including based on their beliefs. When you own a property that conducts business open to the general public...that changes things. They retain ownership and rights to the property and business, but cannot discriminate, regardless of their beliefs without consequence.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well lets just call it a breach of good faith then since the venue owner would have had foreknowledge of the importance of exercising our God given rights.

The GOP should intervene on the peoples behalf or is their support of the 2nd amendment just window dressing for their platform.

#opencarrycleveland

K~

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join