It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Page on WoT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I noticed Web of Trust (WoT) has a page on ATS. I am unsure if WoT is available in the US, it is popular in the UK (it is based in Finland).

It allows users to rate sites as "I trust"; "This website is suspicious" or " I don't trust". The scores are somehow calculated into Trustworthiness and Child Safety scores. ATS scored 87 and 86. There are 36 user reviews, dated from 2008 onwards, which is not really many to base a score on so presume the site can be scored without a user review. There are browser plugins which guides users when they click on websites.

There are some derogatory reviews about site content and members (probably from banned members).

This review from July 2015 is a lot more vindictive and probably known to the owners.

Download SuperAntiSpyware A Free Anti-Spyware Program. Do a full scan on your computer. Make sure there is zero spyware on your computer. Then go to the website AboveTopSecret dot com, for 5 seconds, click on 10 links or so, or surf the site for 10 seconds, stay on the site don't click on ads. You'll see 100+ Spyware is now installed on your computer after doing a Spyware search using *Any* Anti-Spyware program. I only mention SuperAnti because it's free, but try any one.

The point is AboveTopSecret dot com is the most saturated Spyware website I've seen in all my life. This is including those sites notorious for spyware. I do not understand why AboveTopSecret is not notorious for spyware and viruses at this point other than the fact that if you mention this in a thread on the website the thread is deleted within milliseconds and the poster likely banned. This has not happened to me, but I've read about it on other sites. As for my info it's 1st hand, Download *Any* Free, or Non-Free, Anti-Spyware program, I was able to reproduce the spyware hits in the 100+ after a few seconds of surfing the site consistently, I ran the search 3 times on 3 different occasions.

I made a video about it on youtube, the website owners clearly falsely reported the video to youtube as "offensive", there's nothing offensive about a live recording of scanning a website for spyware. It's re-producible science, try it out for yourself, don't take my word for it.

Most of us know this is utter twaddle.

There is also one review from 2010, from someone who I think SO mentioned not that long ago.

I noticed there is a link for site owners to claim membership. Presumably so they can respond to the reviews.

Are the site owners aware of this site and the ATS web page? If you are aware, do you feel they are not worth responding to?

Link

edit on 26-3-2016 by Morrad because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Site owners have in the past dismissed the claims that in some way - ATS redirects or is connected to a sort of government agency.

I have my suspicions, but Springer and SO seem to be very reasonable and I tend to agree that they were just "regular dudes," who started all of this up for shared common interests between truth-seekers.

And let's say ATS is somehow connected to a government agency - it wouldn't surprise me, but that certainly does not deter me from expressing my beliefs. If there are "paid government shills," I hope they enjoy what I have to say!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I haven't found any viruses or spyware, but I did find an article that mentioned ATS's location on the Internet Map quite intriguing.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Your suspicions that we are "regular dudes" is absolutely correct.

The accusations we've had flung at us over the past 13 years range from the absolutely ludicrous to the personally insulting and genuinely libelous. We learned long ago that ignoring these diatribes and their delusional creators into oblivion is our best path to maintain our own sanity.

People who can't behave don't get to enjoy ATS, when they throw a tantrum elsewhere and lie through their fingertips because they were ultimately banned from the site (due to their own uncivil/immature behavior ) it's all spewed out there in the hope we will respond, we won't, we don't have the time for such childishness.

edit on 3-26-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join