It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanley Hotel Suspends Paranormal Investigations/Ghost Hunts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I recently saw this on Week In Weird.

The Stanley Hotel has ended paranormal investigations at the property. They will still offer their regular ghost tours for guests.

I stayed at the Stanley with my boyfriend years ago, a bucket list thing. We went on the ghost tour and it was amazing and very creepy. But! When we went to bed, all you could hear is drunk people running around "searching for ghosts", or shouting "REDRUM". We were down the hall from a haunted room, so it was probably worse.

The ghost tour was good enough for me personally. I'm sure those who still want to investigate will have to do some real sneaking around now.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That is cool you stayed at The Stanley...did you ever see a ghost?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Not at the Stanley Hotel, no.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I bet just being there gave you the chills. I like your OP. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't blame them for stopping the madness. If I stayed there I suppose I should be resigned and expect my sleep to be disturbed by a ghost. But drunk people? No. That's when I ask for a refund.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Few things I love better than a cool afternoon, sitting with a beer in my hand bs'ing with a friend, on the front porch of The Stanley....

It is the crown jewel of Estes Park...which already shines in and of itself....

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree, I would not mind a ghost running around. But drunks keeping me up all night would not be fun.

Here is a creepy photo of the hotel.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

It's a gorgeous corner of the world for sure. The comment section at Week in Weird is a little over the top, and seems to think the hotel will now be shut down. I think people will still want to visit regardless.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well, the update does go on to say that they are not shutting down the activities entirely.....

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

When we went to bed, all you could hear is drunk people running around "searching for ghosts", or shouting "REDRUM".

LOL! So these drunk people could have come face to face with an apparition and not get creeped out. Hic-up, Hic-up "how you do'in mam, nice dress your wearing". Can you point me to the nearest bathroom?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sounds like Spring Break shenanigans!

That's a shame that they 'ruined' your trip, sort of.

What a waste to go on an adventure and be drunk to the point of silliness...

I would want all of my senses on 'high alert' just in case anything were to happen.

If the other folks weren't interested in serious ghost hunting, I wonder why they even spent the money to go?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Its a shame your stay was anything less than relaxing. The Stanley is a very nice location with some neat history flowing through it. I remember when I visited there we took the historical tour ,although no ghost tour sadly.

In our room at night we did hear some strange happenings such as children running down the hall in the middle of the night when there were none physically present but that was the extent of the strangeness. I'm sure if I visited nowadays I'd be able to pick up on a lot more if there were any.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Like I said, they're still hosting ghost tours.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought the guys from Ghost Hunters bought that place, Jason Hawes (?) or did they buy a different place they used to do a couple shows from?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Inarismessenger

We really weren't too upset. But I can imagine if I was a person who didn't really know that these investigators would be running around, I'd be disappointed considering the cost.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Buy the Stanley Hotel? They would need quite a chunk of money!

ETA It looks like Zack Baggins from Ghost Adventures bought a "demon house" in the UK? Maybe that's what you're thinking? ..Double Edit . Not the UK, but Gary Indiana.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I looked it up, they bought the Spalding Inn. Seems now they have it up for sale after doing all the renovations. They did do two shows there.

The link button wont work for me now from the new ghost glitch that has seemed to come about here on ATS recently so you may have to copy and paste it if you care to read the article.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Nice find. Your link works. Thank you!

top topics

join