It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geobiographically where is the souls domain?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Geobiographically where is the souls domain

Imagine if you will that I am standing ahead of you, point at me...
Now I ask you to point at yourself.
Where did you point?

Most people point at the heart, and the comedian points at his nuts, but it is a strange instinct shared by all humanity to identify themselves this way.

Religious people say the soul is in the blood and atheists say the spark of life is in the head because you die after decapitation.
But where is it? perhaps on a parallel plane yet adjoined?

edit on 2632016 by Qwerm because: I messed up on html

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

While trapped in this shell it is right behind the middle of the forehead.

Isn't there a gland that only has nerve endings coming out?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Pineal gland.

edit on 3/26/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure this should be in the Origins and Creation forums. Perhaps the Gray Area would be better considering we're all just speculating.

Nevertheless, if a soul exist it most certainly is not the heart. The heart isn't special in any way, it's just another muscle and we can completely replace it with none-organic material through heart transplants.

The Brain makes a lot of sense because it is 'you'. The issue with this is that bits and piece of it can be damaged or even removed, and a person can still live. Some have even lived with half of their brain missing.

So, we would have to focus even more on specific parts of the brain that makes you 'you'; which would probably be the Prefrontal Cortex, as that area of the brain deals with planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, morality, moderating social behaviour, and more.

Whenever this area of the brain is heavily damaged, the person can experience a personality change so severe, they might as well be another person.

This would coincide with the whole "third eye" concept seen in many religions and spiritual teachings, considering it's almost right behind the eyes, in the middle, and slightly above them, right where the 'third eye' is said to be.

Something to consider

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In another dimension

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Pineal Gland

a reply to: intrptr
Yes I know of this and I regularly take Iodine to counteract calcification of it from fluoride, however this seems to me to be just a spiritual organ/function and not the seat of ones being.
What do you think?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Iodine to decalcify your pineal gland? I have heard this before, but only on fringe forums and spirit science. The truth is, you will only gain a better understanding by becoming a neurosurgeon, not from reading fringe forums. Why do people believe everything they read on the internet, instead of becoming an actual professional in the topics that interest them. There are actual medical forums that are moderated by actual medical professionals. Why would you look this stuff up on the internet? And more to the point, why search on fringe forums for medical advice? Especially dealing with your brain? You will never hear a medical professional speak of the soul as a real thing that can be pinpointed because it has never been identified by anyone other that charlatans.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

i am editing this to add that this post is not entirely correct. I will leave it here as a reminder to myself to not be so quick to denounce others and as a show of my humility.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What if the soul does not reside in the body at all....what if the body resides within the soul?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm

Pineal Gland

a reply to: intrptr
Yes I know of this and I regularly take Iodine to counteract calcification of it from fluoride, however this seems to me to be just a spiritual organ/function and not the seat of ones being.
What do you think?

The pineal gland does not calcify. We know exactly what the pineal gland is. It is part of the endocrine system. It creates melotonin. Melotonin is the chemical which regulates your sleep patterns among other things. IT never calcifies. Ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why do people believe everything they read on the internet, instead of becoming an actual professional...

Congratulations...

You've just been nominated for "The Top 10 Most Unbelievable Posts Seen On ATS" sweepstakes.

You will be notified soon concerning where to pick up your prize...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The soul is here - where is here?
The soul is not separated into bits - it is sole (alone).
Right here and right now is the source and sum - the complete 'thing' - which cannot be a thing because there is nothing other.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well the soul should be in the sole of your feet.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WoodcarverQuite a few assumptions there, anyway I decalcify primarily for biological reasons; calcification of the thyroid gland sends calcium into joints and organs (not good) and as to medical professionals they are useful for diagnosis but not for remedy because of the global pharmaceutical industry.
Personally if you are interested I think the soul may reside as an embedded spiritual DNA attached to physical DNA as there have been character traits passed on through organ transplants.
There are many testimonies of this.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Religious people say the soul is in the blood and atheists say the spark of life is in the head because you die after decapitation.

They do? I've never heard anyone claim either of these things.

But where is it?

In the imaginations of superstitious fools.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why do people believe everything they read on the internet, instead of becoming an actual professional...

Congratulations...

You've just been nominated for "The Top 10 Most Unbelievable Posts Seen On ATS" sweepstakes.

You will be notified soon concerning where to pick up your prize...
I hope it's monetary. This site has gone so far downhill lately. I am literally looking at an ad that is hosted by ats, for a site that will let you somehow speak to your very own angel. How, in any way imaginable, does this support the site motto of deny ignorance? How does someone with the handle Skeptic overlord justify the BS that is peddled here?

I am embarrased to direct people to this site anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

In the imaginations of superstitious fools.

You know, you can say what you want to say without insulting people.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: WoodcarverQuite a few assumptions there, anyway I decalcify primarily for biological reasons; calcification of the thyroid gland sends calcium into joints and organs (not good) and as to medical professionals they are useful for diagnosis but not for remedy because of the global pharmaceutical industry.
Personally if you are interested I think the soul may reside as an embedded spiritual DNA attached to physical DNA as there have been character traits passed on through organ transplants.
There are many testimonies of this.

Oh come on. There is absolutely no basis for what you are claiming. Would you care to show me a source for your calcification of the pineal gland?

Do you have any reason why you believe that the soul is real? Or that it may be intertwined in our dna? You are just throwing out what ifs. Why not study in a professional enviroment? Instead of regurgitating spirit science? Every med prof disagrees with your claims and assumptions.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am a christian
I would never point to my heart, why say that

I figured it was a spititual thing, not physical

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You are giving medical advice to people who are not smart enough to know any better. You could possibly lead someone (yourself included) to very great harm if they believe you and try to take your advice.

Why does this site allow this?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am a christian
I would never point to my heart, why say that

I figured it was a spititual thing, not physical
You figured this based on zero evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join