It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP third party plot to Steal Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Many mainstream writers have already spoken about the possibility of the GOP running a third party candidate to wrestle the presidency from the democrats, not by winning outright through a third party candidate but by running such a candidate and resulting in the prevention of the democrat or republican, Trump or Hillary, getting the needed electoral votes to win and thereby sending the vote to the GOP congress where the constitution allows for them to vote and they can choose, if they so desire, the candidate that came in 3rd in the race. This would presumably be their chosen stealth candidate.

The Republican Establishment’s Desperate Scheme to Steal the Presidency

And under the rules, the House can elevate to the presidency any of the top three finishers. You following me?

edit on 26-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The GOP Establishment has helped finance and manipulate the agenda of stopping Trump at any cost. The amount of money used thus far is staggering, and shows how very desperate they are. IMO, they are driving down the road of self-destruction with no brakes or steering, and continue every day alienating their party from current and former supporters.

To circumvent the will of the voters in such a blatant manner will have dire repercussions in the future, perhaps to a point of no return.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hope the democratic party does this to get Bernie in too, I am not too trusting of Hillary.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The GOP's Secret Weapon: Louie Gohmert, go get em Tiger.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I tend to think that this is just one of the options on the table for the GOP.

I also tend to think that they are just as concerned about a genuine third-party threat from Gary Johnson (Libertarian), and that he is figuring big in their schemes -- and part of that scheme is keeping all the focus on the left/right paradigm and pretending publicly that Gary Johnson doesn't exist. But I'm hoping and praying their efforts are in vain. The voters are already going rogue... off the plantation... ready to give the political critters their comeuppance. Gary Johnson is a good candidate and can appeal to many folks who will not vote for Trump or Hillary no way no how. Johnson can give them a good run for their money if given half the chance.

And at this point, anything can happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I hope the democratic party does this to get Bernie in too, I am not too trusting of Hillary.

They can't do that because they don't have a democratic congress.

By the constitution if the candidate doesn't get the electoral votes to win the presidency than it goes to congress to select the president.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thank you for fighting for our freedoms US military /s

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They have only themselves to blame. I saw this coming after the midterm "GOP-takeover" of Congress, and even before that with their stupid, uncooperative, obstructionist behavior since Obama was elected.

It's been a few years coming - but here it is.

Bernie could switch to an Independent run, and I think he's going to sweep the three Dem caucuses today.....

Boo to Trump and Hillary!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse The DNC does not want Bernie. Look behind the scenes, who the backers and donors are, its the same as the GOP, they all want Hillary because she does what they tell her to. The media never needed to slam Bernie every five seconds because to them Hillary already won unlike Trump who they smash every chance they get because he is the front runner. Why cant people see that we only have 2 candidates without backing control and that's why the media paints such a bad picture of them.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs Maybe if you Bernie fans would protest Bernies immediate threat Hillary then he may win instead of wasting time on Trump, the illuminati of the republicans have spent millions trying to stop him, does that deserve a boo for Trump as well ? I think not.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It wouldn't work. The point of this specific scheme isn't to get the 3rd Party candidate elected. It's to make sure no candidate gets the required amount of Electoral College votes. If no candidate gets that amount, the House of Representatives gets to vote for the President.

Edit to Add: So having 4 parties run popular candidates would actually increase the chances of the House of Reps getting to select the President, since they would split the vote even more.
edit on 26-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Someone here should get their name on the ballot. The party can be called the "Wiseman" party. For anyone who does not like the direction our political system is going in.

I'd do it but I don't want to go anywhere near Washington DC. If elected, I would work out of my Yooper home and they wouldn't allow that. I'd be cooking for the secret service men while discussing the state of our country with them.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A scheme like this might work if they were to run a more moderate republican as a 3rd party candidate. I think a lot of moderates right now are going to vote for Hillary for the simple reason that Trump appears to be so far to the right.

If these moderates/centrists have a viable 3rd option, it's possible that candidate could pull votes from Clinton.

There's also the possibility that Hillary's legal troubles may throw a wrench into the whole mess. So a more left leaning 3rd party candidate could also emerge, thus stealing votes from the democrats. In such a scenario, it is almost certain that there will be no candidate with an electoral college mandate.

I speculated on this exact scenario about a month ago. I think this is shaping up to be a weird presidential election year.

-dex

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Personally, I hope the GOP does this. Then I hope Bernie Runs independently. Then I hope all 4 candidates get between 20-30% of the vote. Then I hope that the GOP congress puts their man in and sticks it to the American people for 4 years just to teach all the idiot voters a lesson...GET RID OF THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. I don't really care if they plunge us into a depression and internal civil war. The people of our country have been too lackadaisical for far too long. It seems that these grasshoppers need their winter.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think they will drive in a third candidate also, and push him in as the nominee:.

JEB!

A puppet whose strings are waiting to be pulled......

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Personally, I hope the GOP does this. Then I hope Bernie Runs independently. Then I hope all 4 candidates get between 20-30% of the vote. Then I hope that the GOP congress puts their man in and sticks it to the American people for 4 years just to teach all the idiot voters a lesson...GET RID OF THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM. I don't really care if they plunge us into a depression and internal civil war. The people of our country have been too lackadaisical for far too long. It seems that these grasshoppers need their winter.

That's pretty funny! You really want a destruction lesson.

BTW , Bernie’s NOT going to run independently.

He has said he will NOT be another Ralph Nadir.

top topics

join