It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Picture Released of Lonely Dwarf Galaxy Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

Only you would know this; but are you able to confirm that the satellite you viewed was beyond the Stratosphere and in the Mesosphere?

Presumably, It was in earth orbit. I've seen jetliners cross the field of view before, too. They leave a mirage like vapor trail from their engines.

The satellite had that classic look: a 'can', solar panel and long boom, not hardly aerodynamic or powered by any means of propulsion.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Gortex.
Pics like this boggle the mind and always remind me how insignificant we really are in the grand scheme of things. The fact that this is one of the smaller galaxies can be difficult to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yes of course.
Only a fool wont be proved wrong for sake of pride.a reply to: ngchunter

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm
Yes of course.
Only a fool wont be proved wrong for sake of pride.a reply to: ngchunter

Good. I will return and post the data I collect, assuming mods don't ban me first. I'm sure they'll just censor the data anyway though. Gotta support those satellite deniers.
edit on 27-3-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
my idea of heaven, completely isolated and protected from the crazies of the universe!

why do I get the feeling that if we ever find the technology to enable us to travel that far, this would be the first place we'd go, just to disturb it's pristine balance?

You wan to be completely isolated but post on a very popular web forum. Sure

As for the galaxy. Beautiful. Just think, there are planets on there with civilisations we can't even imagine..or maybe dominat life in the universe takes on human/animal form everywhere.

I hope one day we find out, but I suspect it won't be for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

There are no satellites in space as far as I know, to date I have seen no photographs of the Earth from space or planets or anything. All I ever see are pictures of paintings and cgi video's which if you think about it is quite amazing. I challenge anybody to post a LIVE video from space of the Earth that is authentic, or a real picture of the Earth from space other than the only 1 that Nasa keeps posting to the web paintshopped. a reply to: gortex

No satellites in space eh? Ok...how do you get reception on your Iridium phone at the North Pole? There are no masts for thousands of miles.

Please don't ignore me. Answer this very simple question.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I haven't discounted the idea that every planet in our own solar system has life on it... intelligent life even. we just have such a narrow view of what life should be, what's required for life to be, that we just don't recognize that life. but, maybe, the seed of life is everywhere, and really very adaptable and able to flourish in any condition.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I haven't discounted the idea that every planet in our own solar system has life on it... intelligent life even. we just have such a narrow view of what life should be, what's required for life to be, that we just don't recognize that life. but, maybe, the seed of life is everywhere, and really very adaptable and able to flourish in any condition.

I really can't see any other planet in the solar system having intelligent life. Unless you call bacteria intelligent. But I can't even see bacteria living anywhere other than Mars. The other planets are just too hostile.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

There are no satellites in space as far as I know, to date I have seen no photographs of the Earth from space or planets or anything. All I ever see are pictures of paintings and cgi video's which if you think about it is quite amazing. I challenge anybody to post a LIVE video from space of the Earth that is authentic, or a real picture of the Earth from space other than the only 1 that Nasa keeps posting to the web paintshopped. a reply to: gortex

No satellites in space eh? Ok...how do you get reception on your Iridium phone at the North Pole? There are no masts for thousands of miles.

They bounce Electromagnetic radiation off of the dome of the flat earth and traverse that wave to make the connection.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

They bounce Electromagnetic radiation off of the dome of the flat earth and traverse that wave to make the connection.

Ok. So why are there mobile telephone black spots? There is zero reception at my step dad's house in Amersham. If it's so easy to jut bounce off the radiation. That would mean 100% global coverage. Which there isn't. Not even in greater london.

Explain please.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You do know there is a Webcam from the ISS, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Ok. So why are there mobile telephone black spots? There is zero reception at my step dad's house in Amersham. If it's so easy to jut bounce off the radiation. That would mean 100% global coverage. Which there isn't. Not even in greater London.

Explain please.

I don't know to be sure.
At a guess if it helps they need an angle to ricochet off the dome, and as their are no satellites directly above us then when it comes to places like London its just a matter of a lack masts in that area penetrating structures.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

You do know there is a Webcam from the ISS, right?

Yes thank you I have seen that webpage.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Ok. So why are there mobile telephone black spots? There is zero reception at my step dad's house in Amersham. If it's so easy to jut bounce off the radiation. That would mean 100% global coverage. Which there isn't. Not even in greater London.

Explain please.

I don't know to be sure.
At a guess if it helps they need an angle to ricochet off the dome, and as their are no satellites directly above us then when it comes to places like London its just a matter of a lack masts in that area penetrating structures.

You don't know because that's not what it is.

Its satellites mate. Which i might add, you can clearly see whizzing above you on any clear night. Not just the ISS.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Um..but the Earth is in the way. You could get one "bounce", but that's about it.

"Traverse that wave?" What does that mean?

I guess that works for GPS satellites as well. Oh wait. That really wouldn't work, would it?
edit on 3/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I guess that works for GPS satellites as well. Oh wait. That wouldn't work, would it?

Good point. I forgot about geostationary satellites.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

GPS satellites are not geostationary. They orbit at around 12,500 miles, and are not equatorial.
edit on 3/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

GPS satellites are not geostationary. They orbit at around 12,500 miles, and are not equatorial.

I actually knew that since i know we have to take general relativity into account otherwise your position would drift off. In my defense..its 8am and I haven't been to sletp yet. Serious insomnia this morning. Thank god today is a bank holiday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join