It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have a second brain in your gut, and it can live without you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Be gone satan!!! No just kidding, im adding certain people ( experts of field ) for advices.. When my brain plays in the realm of fantasy

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AldarKose

Be gone satan!!!
No just kidding, im adding certain people ( experts of field ) for advices.. When my brain plays in the realm of fantasy

hahaha I have been call many names, but this is a first! lol

I don't mind you contacting me for medical advice, however, I will always suggest you contact your own GP.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

haha, no not medical advice... More like research advice

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AldarKose

haha, no not medical advice... More like research advice

No problem, anytime!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AldarKose

Sounds like the gut microbiota to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Kind of on topic. The parasympathetic nervous system is operated by that 90% of the brain we supposedly have no access to.

Wouldn't it be a bitch to try to walk and simultaneously, consciously control the contractions in you digestive system and get that digestion task done?.

Even walking is mostly reflex and requires little or no thought.

I have a unique perspective on this as I had a really bad stroke sixteen years ago.

Most of the things I took for granted, I had to relearn how to do.

That included a lot of autonomic processes that I didn't even have to think about, that I had to take special consideration of and for, to help my body to do things while I was recovering from the brain injury.

Not entirely on topic.

I do think that when the autonomic/parasympathetic NS is working on a light load, like when the body's needs are all taken care of and homeostasis is just humming along with little effort by the autonomic/parasympathetic NS, that the excess processing power that is no longer needed for utilization by the body processes get used like RAM memory does in a computer.

No need for drugs or mind altering substances....

edit on 27-3-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: lkjsx

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Would t any organ you remove from the body continue to function of you gave it what it needed to live lol

Paul Pearsall, a neuropsychologist, wrote about this interesting topic in his book, The Heart's Code: Tapping the Wisdom and Power of Our Heart Energy. In it, he provides insight into his belief that the physical heart contains within it memories belonging to its person. Part of Pearsall's research for the book included tracking several real life cases of heart transplant recipients who mysteriously inherited some of their donors' traits.

The recipient's son, who had before been a vegetarian, began craving meat and greasy food after his transplant. His music preferences also changed from favoring heavy metal to preferring fifties rock 'n' roll. All of these preferences turned out to be David's preferences as well.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The article is exaggerated big time. A brain is more than just neurons. Calling it a "second brain" or whatever is just silly. We have neurons all over our body and they all connect to the brain. I'm not buying that a stomach will function on it's own with no connection to the brain.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't believe that our stomach has a brain, although it does tell us to eat or is that our natural bodily functions working correctly?.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join