It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have a second brain in your gut, and it can live without you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We have multiple small brains in our bodies. Bundles of neurons. They are tied to our subconscious, we do not usually consciously communicate with these other little brains.

Just because some idiots up high have not figured this out, doesn't mean this isn't true. Every cell has DNA, these are even little brains that are constantly reprogramming themselves and communicating with each other.

Just like the ants in an ant colony, our cells are independent critters that work together. If they don't work together or a cell goes rogue, then we get cancer.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AldarKose

Why is this in the origins forum? What does this have to do with jesus or the lords prayer? The stomach is definately not another brain.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: angryhulk

That's quite an interesting hypothesis...most of this thread is a bit tongue in cheek, but that actually makes some rational sense mate.

Maybe that is what is happening...the neural clusters are being transplanted along with the body part..could it be so?

Why not...sometimes this world get's weirder by the minute it seems.

ETA: The more i think about your idea...you know how some transplants get rejected by the host almost immediately, despite the anti-rejection drugs, while others seem to be tollerated by the host quite well....what if the transplants that are almost immediately rejected is because the 'brain' cluster that was transplanted along with the organ or body part..just doesn't get on with the host's many neural clusters and is sent packing by the dominant host brain(s)?

This is why I love ATS. Food for thought.

I've never been able to wrap my head around the stories of those that I describe in my previous post and there are plenty of them, from geniune people with nothing to gain. I guess this could be an outlandish possibility.

I'm entertained by your idea of an organ transplant failure!
Honestly mate, nothing would surprise me these days.

This deserves a thread of it's own IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
This comment interests me because it could explain the stories about those who have had organ transplants and woke up fluent in other languages, or with new hobbies and interests completely against their original character.

For research purposes...

Search terms: Transient Global Amnesia and Foreign Accent Syndrome

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Never mind, it's all rhetorical. This isn't a religious thread.

Then maybe the OP shouldn't have ignorantly quoted the Lord's Prayer, having no idea what it means.

Since this isn't a religious thread, you know.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

every muscle has neurons.
edit on 26-3-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I made a whole post of explaining just to not OT this one

Jesus offers bread

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Then maybe the OP shouldn't have ignorantly quoted the Lord's Prayer

Oh for crying out loud!

Then, the same rhetorical question goes to you! If you guys are so offended by perceived misuse of the phrase "daily bread", author a thread on it! Set us all on the straight and narrow, please!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I made a whole post of explaining just to not OT this one

Jesus offers bread

Yeah i forgot i do have a theologian diploma in my backpack, i just dont take it out and shove it in peoples face cause i respect their beliefs.. Comes with being born in a country as Sweden..

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I made a thread about it, to explain how it works with science.. People have a tendency to think that things are magic..

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thank you. Will go read it now.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why is this in the origins forum? What does this have to do with jesus or the lords prayer? The stomach is definately not another brain.

Well...i'd hazard a guess, and it's only a guess mind you...is because not everyone believes our origins lay with a supernatural deity.

That's probably why.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In the Lord's Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach

the Daily Bread is referring to a daily portion of 'wheat' (the good stuff) from which bread was made

the reference of Daily Bread was meant as a reminder to choose 'Wheat' instead of 'Tares' in your daily life...
He made an earlier Parable about the 'Wheat' & 'Tares/weeds' earlier in his maverick Ministry
...(which itself, Order of Melchizedek=wheat,
was separate & apart from the prevailing priesthoods of his time ~ the Pharisee & Sadducee=Tares)

didn't hear that in Seminary School huh

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
that scientist deserves a captain obvious meme as an ode to our understanding of smooth muscles. muscles which are independent more or less from functions controlled by the brain.

from an evolutionary stand point its obvious and makes sense. some mammals evolved to control their smooth muscles, some gave it up to autonomy because they dont have as much use as other mammals in terms of survivability or reproduction.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Last time i looked, Magic didnt feed anyone.. Its a short book of parables, the new testament is like the TV show cosmos.. Pretty decent show dont you think, but try talking to a scientist wont be the same

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: strongfp

It's actually surprising to think that Humans have at least the equivalent of 5 brains (Left brain, right brain, primal unconscious brain, gut brain, and heart 'brain')

But to think there may be multiple rudimentary brain clusters throughout the body too is quite interesting.

Especially when we consider just how many freaking idiots are in the world, it becomes more ironic than anything else.

All those neurons, and so many morons.

(apologies this was already mentioned)
Also dont forget about the multitudes of women complaining about men thinking with the wrong head. It sure seems to have a mind of its own at times...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We have multiple small brains in our bodies. Bundles of neurons. They are tied to our subconscious, we do not usually consciously communicate with these other little brains.

Just because some idiots up high have not figured this out, doesn't mean this isn't true. Every cell has DNA, these are even little brains that are constantly reprogramming themselves and communicating with each other.

Just like the ants in an ant colony, our cells are independent critters that work together. If they don't work together or a cell goes rogue, then we get cancer.

If you look at a modern car, there are hundreds of little micro-controllers doing things like stopping wheels from skidding, managing dashboard displays, automatic door locking, an electronic ignition control system designed to maintain maximum energy output vs. minimum pollution. That's no different from what the gut brain is trying to do as well. Most of those neurons would be receptors designed to measure chemical levels (there's something like 30,000 proteins, chemicals in digested food) and activators used to drive acid production, the natural motion of the muscles.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The 'gut feeling' is caused by the enteric system, which is the part of the nervous system that controls the gastrointestinal system (from oesophagus to anus).

But we can live without a stomach, I know patients who live pretty normal lives after a gastrectomy (partial or total removal of the stomach). I have never met a patient without a brain, however, I know there are a couple of cases out there , this man lived a normal life with a tiny brain (LINK)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

You a doctor =D?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AldarKose
a reply to: Agartha

You a doctor =D?

Does it matter?
No, I'm a nurse with a passion for pathophysiology!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join