It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best forum for European news?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
If we Brits had our way(and ATS is British by the way, do your research
) We would have a politics forum, a North vs South forum, a why everyone mocks the Welsh forum, A whinging Scots forum and a biscuit forum to name but a few.

You could learn a lot from us, we have a long history of talking bollocks.

Haha true!
I love the bitching we have between UK members, it is usually well done and reflects the disfunctional family that the UK is.
I think we could all agree that if the chips are down we always back each other over non-UK nations though, even the ROI which is an independent nation.
Remember a few years ago when Ireland was in the # financially and the UK loaned a few billion to them in a country to country deal, certainly an Ireland in the # is not something useful to the UK, but you have to ask the question, would we have bailed France out in the same way?
Personally I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
To be honest not having Europe forum as its own its like making us Europeans as a second class citizens. And i mean not UK forum as then you will be culprit in classification too just like your cousins in US ..lol

We have Middle East forum
We have US poltics etc US related forums
We don´t have Europe forum

Maybe when we do get Europe forum.. Europe do not exist anymore...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I feel the same way.

I actually often feel like as a UK member I am a second class member already on ATS having a "pets" forum but not a UK Forum is really quite bad.

This should be so easy to sort out, but they just dont do it, I can see no justification for not having a UK/EU madness forum on the main ATS forum.
edit on 27-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

If we Brits had our way(and ATS is British by the way, do your research
) We would have a politics forum, a North vs South forum, a why everyone mocks the Welsh forum, A whinging Scots forum and a biscuit forum to name but a few.

You could learn a lot from us, we have a long history of talking bollocks.

Haha true!
I love the bitching we have between UK members, it is usually well done and reflects the disfunctional family that the UK is.
I think we could all agree that if the chips are down we always back each other over non-UK nations though, even the ROI which is an independent nation.
Remember a few years ago when Ireland was in the # financially and the UK loaned a few billion to them in a country to country deal, certainly an Ireland in the # is not something useful to the UK, but you have to ask the question, would we have bailed France out in the same way?
Personally I don't think so.

I think the real reason that we do not have a UK specific forum is because they are unable to find someone willing to moderate it.

Imagine that for a moment.

It would need to be a UK member to be awake at the right time but who would SO ask and who in their right mind say yes?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Nick Glegg.

I hear he is still looking for a new job.
edit on 27-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think the real reason that we do not have a UK specific forum is because they are unable to find someone willing to moderate it.

That maybe, or a UK/European forum would nail it for mature, well reasoned, and logical debate. Maybe SO is scared such a forum would be too popular?!
Noticeable absence of staff in this thread don't you think...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I would do it. I never seem to sleep and spend most of my time here anyway lol

Oh, and I'm British.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That maybe, or a UK/European forum would nail it for mature, well reasoned, and logical debate. Maybe SO is scared such a forum would be too popular?!
Noticeable absence of staff in this thread don't you think...

I think that it would need a great deal of effort and that may be a deciding factor in the reluctance to create it.

For a start we would need to get rid of that whole "Post removed to prevent thread drift" and replace it with "post removed as the member is talking out of his arse"

"post removed for a serious manners violation" would need to be replaced with "what a knob jockey eh?"

No word of a lie I saw a thread a while ago where Springer had removed a post by a member and instead of the "post removed to prevent thread drift" message he had simply written " post removed because the poster is being ridiculous"

I still laugh about that now at random times throughout the day.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I would do it. I never seem to sleep and spend most of my time here anyway lol

Oh, and I'm British.

Offer your services.

And I will apologise in advance.

You could not pay me to try and deal with the UK members here and I include myself in that.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I reckon it'd be fun. I know I lost my temper a few times and had posts removed. Surprised I never got a post ban for some of them lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Lol!
The mod would need to know all our 'swear' words which the filter doesn't block as well...I do like that about ATS.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I reckon it'd be fun. I know I lost my temper a few times and had posts removed. Surprised I never got a post ban for some of them lol.

You are only a PM away from the job.

I will recommend you although I am not sure if that is a good thing.

Ask, I dare's ya...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Lol!
The mod would need to know all our 'swear' words which the filter doesn't block as well...I do like that about ATS.

What?

Like Bollocks and twat?

How about window licking nuckfugget?

Some of these things just go straight under the radar.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Loads of words I'm surprised are not blocked when I type them, a UK forum mod would be harsh I reckon, maybe it's better we post in the mostly US modded forums?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
"Wogs begin at Calais!"

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'll drop a mod a pm.

If it does go through you're not allowed to cause troubles on purpose

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I will recommend you

...kiss of death for him then

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Loads of words I'm surprised are not blocked when I type them, a UK forum mod would be harsh I reckon, maybe it's better we post in the mostly US modded forums?

Maybe a Canadian?

They are kind of like Americans but with less of the Woohoo attitude and just as unaware of our unique insults?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Ooh, 1970's Britain much?!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Maybe a Canadian?

They are kind of like Americans but with less of the Woohoo attitude and just as unaware of our unique insults?

Lol, reminded me of being in a bar in Cambodia with an Australian, New Zealander, German, Austrian, Canadian and US citizen....we all know who felt subservient to the other, even without me stating it. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join