It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 Year old has Billion Dollar Portfolio and Won't Say How He got It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Drug income & bitcoin investments or bitcoin laundering? I'd wager a huge bet his money came from those sources. Maybe a little old-school hacker income, too?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

500,000,000 in Bitcoin is too much it would be noticed for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

He was caught with ICE and your wondering how his money magically appeared fron nowhere?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Okay, starred you.

-dex

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
12 grams of crystal = $12,000 ???

That's what I would refer to as cop math. I've seen this quite a few times in news reports. Somehow an extra zero gets added to the estimate. It's almost certainly only about 1,200 dollars.

I don't condone hard drug use at all. But officially disseminated disinformation like this really ticks me off.

This is a totally weird story. This guy claims to own/control the ASX 200. After a little research, I'm assuming he's talking about the ASX 200 fund. $1.5 billion is about 1/2 of the net worth of that fund. I just ain't buyin' that. Nope.

His name is also not on the BRW Rich 200 List 2015. That's the richest 200 people in Australia. The poorest person on that list is worth $286 million. So if what he said was true, he should have been on there.

This guy and his lawyer are full of crap.

-dex
edit on 3/26/2016 by DexterRiley because: added rich list

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

He was caught with ICE and your wondering how his money magically appeared fron nowhere?

Seriously are you on ice mate ? not even Pablo Escobar accumulated this kind of money. Not even the biggest Cartel on the planet could accumulate the money we are talking about here for a 29 year old. The guy is a tradesman in the building game and its common for them to be on some kind of recreational drug, whats not common is for an every day dealer to accumulate billions for goodness sake.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Your way off dude Escobar was making billions every year.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Think your way off as the poster bellow said.

Plenty of dark web drug dealers have made stupid money like that.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Crystal meth is cheap though. $1000 a gram?

There are many qualities of meth, I am assuming he had the best. Probably looks like huge chunks of broken glass. Considering he is in AU, I could see a mark up of $1000 happening but according to a website it goes for about $650 per gram. I doubt he paid that much per gram however because the larger amount you purchase of any drug will net you a lower cost overall. He basically had almost half an ounce of meth which is a lot.

The US prices were listed between $3 and $500 probably due to varying quality or types.
edit on 26-3-2016 by BIGPoJo because: pricing

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just read this on a stock site.. In the attached article he says his property is worth 1.2M and blames his duty lawyer..

Outside court, Harrison said he told Mr Handly he had $1.2 million in property, not billion. "My lawyer was delusional, I told him not to say it, duty solicitor not very good," he said. I'm giving it away, I don't want it, look what it does, horrible. Phillip Harrison "I just have to have a bit of a think about what the hell's gone on here. A lot of wrong has been done here, that's for sure." Harrison claimed he was a billionaire. "I didn't lie about that. It's $1.2 million in land, the rest in shares, ASX. I own the ASX 200, I'm in control of it," he said. When asked if he had $596 million in his bank account, Harrison said he was not sure. "It's the banks that do all the adding up, I don't really know," he said. Harrison claimed the money came from profitable shares and from overseas sources, and that is wealth had nothing to do with drugs. "How would I make billions in drugs without being caught? My investments, my ideas in cars, apps, trade, I sold them overseas, have been for years," he said. The magistrate ordered Harrison to surrender his passport. He is due back in court on April 18.

hotcopper.com.au...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Uhh the guy is clearly a few cans short of a six pack.

He owns the ASX 200?

Why is this even news?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

That's what I find hard to believe about this story.
There is no way a recreational drug user is carrying around $12,000 worth of meth in their car regardless of the purity. This guy was more than likely planning on selling a portion of it.
To whom? Your guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: SlowNail

That's what I find hard to believe about this story.
There is no way a recreational drug user is carrying around $12,000 worth of meth in their car regardless of the purity. This guy was more than likely planning on selling a portion of it.
To whom? Your guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

The key is in the word recreational.

If it was recreational then I have a bridge in London to sell you.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a picture of what 'ice' does to your face, nasty, but cannot upload, windows 8.1 seems not to exist on ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Who can come up with the most accurate explanation ?

I guessing he is a drug baron or is being used by a drug baron to launder money.

Nope...he wouldn't amass that much, especially the property, in such a short period of time flogging drugs...a fe mill tops, not billions..that's reserved for the really big drugs barons, and if he was at their level, the authorities would know him well already.

My guess, for what it's worth..i reckon he is a computer whizzkid...designed some software that enabled him to litterally 'own' and 'control' the stock market...which he already claimed to be so.

All he really left out, was HOW he managed to own and control the ASX 200...and that, logically, would most likely be via some novel and revolutionary software that can either predict market trends very accuartely, or can manipulate them in such subtle ways that don't leave a trace or trail to follow.

Tech is my bet.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Anyone seen the movie ex-machina?
It sounds exactly like that...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Billionaire now is like a millionaire at the beginning of the industrial revolution. It's hillarious people believe the top rich lists and reason if they're not in it, they can't possibly have the wealth claimed.

No clue if this guy's story is legit, but meth is huge and who knows how many tens of billions are made from it every year. Top dogs get a sliver of that. Then if he made a few risky correct moves in markets, or as claimed is a "market maker" controlling it's sway up and down.
edit on 26-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This guy obviously had a wealthy Nigerian uncle pass away, and he did what the email told him to do.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Does Australian law require people to explain why they have money?

Charge him for whatever he's done that's illegal and move on imo.

If it happened here in the US the authorities wouldn't rest until they found a way to "confiscate" every penny whether they had any legal right to it or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Yeah, maybe he was carrying the world's best meth, but I'd still be inclined to believe there's a bit of an exaggeration there.

Reminds me of an old video where the US coastguard valued coc aine at a million dollars per kilo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join