It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Gives Ultimatum to Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hehe well I guess I'll stop by the recruiter today... No sense waiting to get drafted at this point. What a bloody mess we're in now, I just don't see this turning out well.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, if the US has the name, address and cell phone numbers of these 55 guys in Syria, it's actually quite simple. Just give them a call and say "Look up in the sky" and that's the last thing they'll hear or see.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I agree Jsobecky, US should have the capability to do surgical strikes on these people, but we already has learned by experience that this type of offensive does not always work.

And if the wrong target is killed, more resentment will come out of it more attacks and more martyrs for the cause.

Yes, I know that some will say "oh well kill them all" after all they all "terrorist" well US may target them terrorist but for the people in the middle east they are not, and US attacks are nothing more to them that killing of civilian innocents.

At the end we the American people will become more unsafe than ever and more alienated from the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
HAHA, if you think what the U.S. has been doing in Iraq is "WAR" you are sadly mistaken. It has been for quite some time nothing but a police action.

If all out war breaks out in Syria/Iran/Iraq/Lebanon, it will likely be over in a matter of days, Israel, the Americans, the British, et. al. will decimate the arab countries.......again......and possibly peace may come thereafter, for a time.

smoken

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes, I know that some will say "oh well kill them all" after all they all "terrorist" well US may target them terrorist but for the people in the middle east they are not, and US attacks are nothing more to them that killing of civilian innocents.

At the end we the American people will become more unsafe than ever and more alienated from the rest of the world.

You are absolutely right marg6043, already the muslim world sees all that the US et al does as an absolute attack on their faith. They don't differentiate.

And all the western world will pay as a result. Its a vicious circle, until the people say stand up and say STOP. Unfortunately, the American people had a good opprtunity to do something in November and didn't because they don't change prez's in the middle of a conflict...even though the damn war was BushCo's fault in the first place. Not that I particularly liked Kerry, but for sure it would have signalled to the world that the American people were/are MAD AS HELL and not going to take it anymore. I just don't understand.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All the gung-ho talk about marching into Syria and Iran is a little premature. The current forces in Iraq are taking a lot of casualties and can't even secure the roads. Just how many US forces are needed to "police" Iraq?
The whole idea that there are all these baathists from Saddams old regime orchestrating things from Syria is laughable. Why should they? They fled with what they could get away with and are probably not dumb enough to think they are gonna be back in power anytime.

So far absolutely no evidence has been presented to back up the claims that these 55 baathists are directing and funding the fighters in Iraq. So what if they are in Syria. Why shouldn't they be?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree Jsobecky, US should have the capability to do surgical strikes on these people, but we already has learned by experience that this type of offensive does not always work.

This is why there are times when I am in favor of unconventional methods,such as kidnapping and assasination. It's not by the book, I know, but the greater good is served in the long run.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

The whole idea that there are all these baathists from Saddams old regime orchestrating things from Syria is laughable. Why should they? They fled with what they could get away with and are probably not dumb enough to think they are gonna be back in power anytime.

So far absolutely no evidence has been presented to back up the claims that these 55 baathists are directing and funding the fighters in Iraq. So what if they are in Syria. Why shouldn't they be?

The former Mukbarat has been shown to be involved in these types of activities. See this thread for more info
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I see this as the most troubling aspect of the story:

9. Syria had better make sure that none of the Kornet AT-14 anti-tank missiles which it recently purchased in large quantities from East Europe turn up in Iraq. US intelligence has recorded their serial numbers to identify their source. DEBKAfile’s military sources add: Because he cannot afford to buy advanced fighter planes and tanks, Assad purchased massive quantities of the “third generation” Kornet AT-14 anti-tank weapons.

Just in case any are found in Iraq, General Casey, commander of US forces in Iraq has already received orders from the commander-in-chief in the White House to pursue military action inside Syria according to his best military judgment.

Number 9 therefore incorporates a tangible threat. The American general has the authority to launch military action against Syria as he sees fit and without delay if Damascus continues to meddle in Iraq’s affairs. "

from Debka

So, basically, the US has the serial numbers and will make the determination as to whether or not the anti-tank missiles are of Syrian origin? If your intelligence has gathered the serial numbers and you have been tracking this shipment...how tough would it be to buy a box of these things right after the Syrians are done and add those serial numbers to the list? Then, at the right time, you make sure that they are launched at US forces in Iraq against enough targets that guarantees at least one serial number retrieval and you use that as pretext for attacks against Syria. What's Syria going to say...those aren't our missiles, our serial number list stops just short of those numbers. Yeah and GW will give the whole world ample time to verify that claim...right after pigs fly out of my...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wait a minute.... US and Iraq all set for strike against Syria......
Hold on... US and Iraq set for.....
US and Iraq??? They can't even control whats going on in Iraq let alone enter a New war together. Someone has really lost their marbles.

Lets See:

1. Start repealing Syria’s 40-years old emergency laws.

2. Free all political prisoners from jail.

3. Abolish media censorship.

4. Initiate democratic reform.

5. Speed up economic development

6. Cut down relations with Iran.

7. Announce publicly that the disputed Shebaa Farms at the base of Mt. Hermon are former Syrian territory. This would cut the ground from under the Lebanese terrorist Hizballah’s claim that the land is Lebanese and must be “liberated” from Israeli “occupation.”

Number three is my favorite, didn't the US shut down Media in Iraq, and would only allow certain people to report?

Still seems to me that North Korea is the bigger problem, oh well.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Syria has been the armpit of the middle east for years. An armpit infested with terrorist, Hamas, Hesbolla, hell I can't even name them all. It is the "ho chi min" trail of the area. If the US does take them out it will HELP things in IRAQ. Go "dubya" go.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I mention on the comment regarding Iran:

Iran is going to become more pro-America in the coming years. Why? The old religious leaders that despise the U.S. are dying. Some are sick, others are old. They will die soon. When that happens, the younger leaders (more pro-U.S.) will take over, and what happens? No more war with Iran. The U.S. is picking the wiser of the two fights. Going to war with Iran now is pointless.

-wD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If we were to invade Syria it would be a logistics nightmare. Were stretched thin as it is, why do we need to declare more war? When will the politicians learn that the more stuff we blow up the more suicide bombers the terrorists get?

Personally I'm in favor of airstrikes, or cooperative police action with the Syrians, if we have to go into Syria that is. Oh well, I guess now we just have to wait for Dubya to find Syria on a map.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sorry for the post again.

However, I must mention that it is true that what we are doing in Iraq isn't a U.S. style war.

U.S. style war is bombing the crap out of everything 'til nothing is left. And if we wanted to, we would be gone already. However, that isn't our mission. Our mission is to secure houses, buildings, lives, etc. If this wasn't part of our objective, believe me, it would've been over a while ago.

-wD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
Lets See:
1. Start repealing Syria’s 40-years old emergency laws.

2. Free all political prisoners from jail.

3. Abolish media censorship.

4. Initiate democratic reform.

5. Speed up economic development

6. Cut down relations with Iran.

7. Announce publicly that the disputed Shebaa Farms at the base of Mt. Hermon are former Syrian territory. This would cut the ground from under the Lebanese terrorist Hizballah’s claim that the land is Lebanese and must be “liberated” from Israeli “occupation.”

First of all muslin radicals are not friends of the US Christians, second the old are dying the new will take over with the more newer radical views than the old, US will never kill the muslin and their religion.

Second it looks so funny that US and Iraq are doing the demands?

Iraq has become a power with US, I mean the ones that still survived everyday in Iraq.

Hum "cut out relations with Iraq"? now are we playing the game of alienating countries now?

Yeah the next one will be "renounce to the muslin believes and turn and accept the lord Jesus as your Saviour"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join