It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Gives Ultimatum to Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
US deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage delivered a list of ultimatums to Damascus this last week. The list underlines the current tension between the United States and Syria that has be present since the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Syria is suspected of harboring ousted Iraqi leaders and WMDs from the toppled Iraqi regime. Syria claims that it is doing everything it can to prevent insurgents and supplies from crossing in to Iraq.

DEBKA - US and Iraq All Set for Strike against Syria
Last Sunday, January 2, US deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage performed his last major mission before stepping down in favor of Robert B. Zoellick, whom incoming secretary Condoleezza Rice has picked as her deputy. This mission took Armitage to Damascus with nine American demands.
The Syrian ruler protested to Armitage that he is doing everything he can to hold back the flow of guerrilla fighters and weapons into Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One of the demands included the handover of "55 top officials and military officers of the former Saddam regime" whom the U.S. believes is running the insurgency in Iraq from the comfort of their homes in Syria. The U.S. provided a list of addresses, telephone, and cell phone numbers with each name on the list. The U.S. also issued a warning against any of Syria's recently purchased AT-14 anti-tank missiles showing up in Iraq.

The attack is expected to begin as small "in-and-out" intrusions into Syria and could develop into a more full-scale war depending on Syria's level of cooperation. Also the attacks are scheduled to begin after President Bush's inauguration. In the event that war does break out with Syria, Hizballah will no doubt attempt to draw Israel into the battle by ramping up it's attacks on Israel.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
well this seems to answer my question as to where are the wmd's and where are we going next Mr. Bush.

this doesn't look good, we can barely handle Iraq and now we want to go into neighboring Syria?? If this happens, so many more lives will be lost

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Funny I remember that when US decided to invade Iraq they also said that Saddam would bomb Israel too.

Why the name of Israel always has to come on the top of concern when US is telling middle Islam countries what to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!

George chases his own tail again and decided he's going to use more lies to perpetuate his earlier lies of WMDs...LOL Thank god Bush was elected, so the Americans can continue to dwindle their resources on futile wars that leave the countries the attack in much worse shape than before theya rrived and will continue to foster new terrorists with much more recent examples of American hostility. Bush wills ay he is trying to wipe out terrorism, when in fact he will be seen, I believe, in the future, as the creator of a large contingent of new terrorists.

Tehse wars and overt hostility his administration displays toward large parts of the Arab world will not be good for the future of the US. This bothers me greatly as so much of what happens in the US affects my country.

Lukefj

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The purpose of drawing Israel into the war would be an attempt to create a rally point for all the Arab nations. "Hey Israel is out of control. Let's do something about it". This is the standard course of action when the U.S. does anything in the middle east. I suppose the belief is that if all Arab states would band together they could oust the U.S. forces and retake all the land in Israel at the same time.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If Syria is harboring terrorist then kill’em all (the terrorist). Let Damascus burn as the bible says it will. Let GW fulfill prophecy.

That will give us access to the "Med" for shipping supplies to go after Iran, the actual ultimate target.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I suppose the belief is that if all Arab states would band together they could oust the U.S. forces and retake all the land in Israel at the same time.

You have a point there but that will start Armageddon, don't your think with US as the cause of the end of times.

link   
It's just a matter of time.

Syria is the major route of insurgents, equipment and money for the terrorists in Iraq. The quicker this hole is plugged the quicker the violence will end.

link   
Oh, boy here we go again. How will the US be able to finance this new front? For all of the true military minds out there, does this make any sense at all?
If we're having trouble with supply lines now, what will the soldiers do? Use sling shots?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh don't worry we will finace this war with (IOUs) what else, as long as US can print money we are just fine.

Now the question should be were the manpower is going to come from? Iraq is a mess and we have not troops.

Way to go Mr. God in the white house.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Oh don't worry we will finace this war with (IOUs) what else, as long as US can print money we are just fine.

Now the question should be were the manpower is going to come from? Iraq is a mess and we have not troops.

Way to go Mr. God in the white house.

You know the scary thing - you're right. It will be basically IOU's. As far as the manpower goes - guess what kids, there's going to be a draft. I don't see any other way at all. This isn't the warmest and fuzziest news I've ever heard.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hooorah Hoorah, tot he continued devaluation of the American dollar as the print more money to finance their wars! The EU will be the global currency for business in no time as the American dollar falls in line with the peso over the next few years as Bush wages war after war after war.

He must be an economics major!

I love Bush!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Also the attacks are scheduled to begin after President Bush's inauguration. In the event that war does break out with Syria

How soon after the inauguration, any guesses?

Of course war with Syria will break out, past history shows us that Syria will not take any attacks lying down, and you can forget conventional warfare with them, so how long will it take to amass the necessary troops for this? or will we just bomb the entire country from the safety of our ships and let the Syrians come to Iraq to face us?

Bush did say Iraq is the battlefield and forefront for the war on terror, maybe his plan is make the Syrians come into Iraq? but then what?

It's really quite frightening thinking about all the possibilities and what the outcome of this will lead to. If it happens, people all over the world will suffer and we Americans will definitely not have it as easy as we do now.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I really hope that this doesn't happen but getting to the point where the prophesies are getting fullfilled is eerie.

Lets not forget the cry for 'Peace' that's also suppose to happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So after they bomb Syria back to the stone age for refusing to hand over that which they say they have not, which country will Bush then decide harbours these Iraqi villains and the migrating wmd?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Lets not forget the cry for 'Peace' that's also suppose to happen.

Already happening - between Sharon, and Arafats successor Abbas. The cry foe peace is all over the headlines.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If there's any prophecy, it's a self fullfilling one. Since the folks that are perpetuating the situation seem to the the ones that believe in all of that. Funny that, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is very disappointing. I wanted Iran first! Once again America has picked the weakest opponent. Pathetic.

Ah, well American tax payers, you know what you got to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

US deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage delivered a list of ultimatums to Damascus this last week. The list underlines the current tension between the United States and Syria that has be present since the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Syria is suspected of harboring ousted Iraqi leaders and WMDs from the toppled Iraqi regime. Syria claims that it is doing everything it can to prevent insurgents and supplies from crossing in to Iraq.

posted on 013131p://09011 at 01:09 AM Post Number: 1083345 (post id: 1105238) quote
Im sure dubya will find WMD in syria, maybe Saddam hid them there! Hell be invading Australia soon, lookin in kangaroo's pouches for WMD. Hes a war loving idiot who will only make things worse and worse!

signature
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through

What do you know, Im a phsycic !

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
This is very disappointing. I wanted Iran first! Once again America has picked the weakest opponent. Pathetic.

This actually works in Iran's favot also.
Iran will continue to shore up it's defenses and finish deploying it's 'weather' satellite.

They can also keep the US busy in these other countries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join