It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious video showing "The Exact Moment Ben Affleck Realized ‘Batman v Superman’ Sucks"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As far as I'm concerned, the concept is flawed to begin with. Why are two "superhero's" fighting one another? Especially these two. And how is it that Batman even stands a chance against the man of steel? Whatever. If superhero's can't get it together, what's that say for us?

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

That's a pretty nice summary of their relationship. Batman v Superman is the representation of Americas war against God & rebellion from religion.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It's not a flawed concept, look up Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns and it'll make sense. The Batman vs Superman film has just altered the plot a little

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Are we sure it's not Cavill that made him sad?

I mean he is superman afterall!

Also, from what I've read so far, Batman is the best thing in the movie.....IF you like a more brutal batman compared to Nolan's Batman.

Sounds like they tried to cram too much into one movie ala Spiderman 3.

Bring on Civil War!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well, that's a movie I do not need to spend money seeing now!

On a totally different tangent, the ethereal sound being played while the awful review texts were being displayed, has been stripped out of the title screen sound for a game called Perfect Dark, which was on the N64 gaming platform. Love that game.

I can stay home and retro game it up, rather than going to the movies, because I KNOW that Perfect Dark is entertaining. Head shots always are!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think he may be going through some personal issues outside of the movie.

His demeanour is like that from the start. look at him! He looks exhausted, tired, drained etc.

That's my opinion.
[but I gotta say I did laugh, shame on me]
edit on 26-3-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wow, I hardly find that funny. I already had this feeling, you put such effort in a thing and nobody loves it. That just showed he does care what people think about his work.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I agree PersonneX. Schadenfreude isn't nice or funny.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harut
I agree PersonneX. Schadenfreude isn't nice or funny.

Schadenfreude!?
Schadenfreude??!!

This is anything but schadenfreude!

Ben has amassed a fortune for being Batman, this is no misfortune....and yes it IS funny. Actually the song combined with the slow zoom-in and Ben's gaze towards the floor is freaking hilarious. And obviously, everyone enjoys movies differently, which you could have easily learned even from the small sample size that is this thread ---- some like a movie, some hate it --- there is no misfortune!

Buzzkill, is that you??

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

Batman v Superman is the representation of Americas war against God & rebellion from religion.

How did you get that from that article? Or is it just your own synopsis?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

It's not a flawed concept, look up Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns and it'll make sense. The Batman vs Superman film has just altered the plot a little

I understand what you're saying. I've just always found it rather disappointing that even our imaginary superhero's end up with purely human failings projected on them by the writers. But that's just silly ol me. Let the games begin!

edit on 3/26/2016 by Klassified because: missed a word

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Or Red Son - there's definitely elements from that too.
But there are many things, images, scenes, dialogue that are lifted directly from The Dark Knight Returns.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The review i read noted Afflec as a positive note in the movie.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Are we sure it's not Cavill that made him sad?

I mean he is superman afterall!

Also, from what I've read so far, Batman is the best thing in the movie.....IF you like a more brutal batman compared to Nolan's Batman.

Sounds like they tried to cram too much into one movie ala Spiderman 3.

Bring on Civil War!

I thought Ben did a fine job as Batman. Much better than Bale in my opinion. It's definitely not Ben's fault that the movie sucked. Convoluted story trying to include way too much. It seemed like it was about 45 minutes too long as well.

It will never happen, but I'd like to see Ben in a standalone Batman that is rated R.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Have not seen the movie yet, was thinking of seeing it, but most reviews or others have said that its a good movie but not great, not that I listen to reviewers anyways. But and another thing is that everybody has been saying Ben Affleck as Batman is the best thing about that movie, and he made one of the best Batmans ever.

I don't know what that means? It could either be that the movie sucked so much that it made him playing batman come out looking great by comparison. Or it could actually mean that he made a pretty good batman all things aside.

If that is so. Wow, must have slipped into a parallel dimension or something. But I suppose it happens. Not the first time either. If anything this just makes me want to watch the movie even more just to see what all the hoopla, and none hoopla is about.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That was funny!
My daughter was telling me last night how terrible that movie was. She said it was one of the worst movies she has ever seen. Poor Ben.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Omg perfect dark, I haven't played that game in ages. A true horror shooter classic!

Ah ya I should have been clear, that comment was in no relation to the article, merely my own take on the propaganda behind the film.

a reply to: Bluesma
The only thing worse than SvB was (insert Ben Affleck film title here)
edit on 27-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

No one will EVER do batman as great as Nic Cage.

(Warning!! Violent content)

edit on 27-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You just gave a pass to Ben Affleck? Wow you have no taste. None.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So I began watching this about an hour ago.

And to say it sucks is an understatement.

Poorly written.

Poor acting ALL around.

It's all over the place past,present, and future.

This thing isn't even worth the price of admission.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Went & saw it last night. The first 90 minutes was one of the most boring movie experiences I've had in a long long time. I may have to add zack Snyder to my JJAbrams list.

Semi spoilers!!

The actual & only fight between Bats & Supes lasted a whopping ~10 minutes & then they became best friends (& why? Not because of a new mutual threat, but because their moms have the same name...) The doomsday fight was fun & Wonder Woman was the best thing about the movie but her appearance was just too little too late.
edit on 29-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join