It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacteria eats poison, poops out gold!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I always thought gold was something that came with a comet or an asteroid, but now it seems Gold is poop?

The gold you see in the photo above was not found in a river or a mine. It was produced by a bacteria that, according to researchers at Michigan State University, can survive in extreme toxic environments and create 24-karat gold nuggets. Pure gold.

There seems to be many references to the "art of alchemy atm"

And even the image says, philosophers above..

Link

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AldarKose

I got a bridge to sell if you're interest...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Now that's a nugget! What kind of toxin were they given was it gold ? Gold is not very reactive so are they saying they achieved transmutation ?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

At first I called "BS", but here's the actual research from Michigan State University:

Gold-loving bacteria show superman strength

“Microbial alchemy is what we’re doing – transforming gold from something that has no value into a solid, precious metal that’s valuable”

He and Adam Brown, associate professor of electronic art and intermedia, found the metal-tolerant bacteria Cupriavidus metallidurans can grow on massive concentrations of gold chloride – or liquid gold, a toxic chemical compound found in nature.

In fact, the bacteria are at least 25 times stronger than previously reported among scientists, the researchers determined in their art installation, “The Great Work of the Metal Lover,” which uses a combination of biotechnology, art and alchemy to turn liquid gold into 24-karat gold. The artwork contains a portable laboratory made of 24-karat gold-plated hardware, a glass bioreactor and the bacteria, a combination that produces gold in front of an audience.

Brown and Kashefi fed the bacteria unprecedented amounts of gold chloride, mimicking the process they believe happens in nature. In about a week, the bacteria transformed the toxins and produced a gold nugget.

edit on 25/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They are most certainly filtering out atoms of gold from their environment that are trapped in other substances, and then depositing the gold out as a waste by-product.

The only other option is this bacteria is actually performing not only chemical, but nuclear reactions and either adding or subtracting protons out of other atoms. And I find that incredibly unlikely.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Would be awesome if a someone explained it, like a chemist

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This might result in a method of treating gold salt poisoning of the liver and kidneys that doesn't require long term chelation therapy. Just take a couple doses of microbes, wait a few weeks, and urinate out flecks of gold eliminating the chloride component which caused the toxicity in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sounds like lies at first...
But consumes gold chloride (aka liquid gold) and then relieves itself and the waste product is actual gold...
What?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So it doesnt become gold with poop, its just cleaning?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AldarKose

So it doesnt become gold with poop, its just cleaning?

Right. Law of elements remains intact here. The microbe eats compounds called gold salts and separates what it can digest (the salts) from what it cannot (the gold) and defecates the gold.

The article isn't well written. Pure Gold is non-reactive in biological processes. Gold can, however, compound with substances that are not safe in the human body. In this case, 3 chloride atoms. This creates a substance, gold chloride, which loads inside the human kidneys and liver and contributes to heavy metals poisoning. The body cannot excrete the gold chloride, nor can it break it down, so it sits in the organs and clogs our filters. These microbes separate the two, which alone can both be easily excreted by the body.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

thank you!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
were all gonna be rich!

this is awesome.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

So the bacteria eats gold chloride and poops gold. So we gotta start with gold chloride. I dont think gold chloride is found in nature much if any. Aannnnnd you need gold to make gold chloride sooooo.....

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Ya it's an interesting process...
but not like you have to sell gold investments...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

So i heard a story about berserkers; One guy ate a mushroom, pissed in a cup, the others drank it, but only one got poisoned by the mushroom and the others became VIKING BERSERKERS!!!

Im a Swede, we just say they went insance cause they were vikings, and never did any drugs

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

As disgusting as that is, that was innocent play time for them im sure

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have panned and sloushed quite a bit of gold flakes and nuggets for streams here in California, but i think I will pass on the bacteria. It sure would devaluate Gold if this could be done in large quantities. There is a book from long ago that states gold will not have much value in the future, and that a loaf of bread will

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I would like to order 100 cases of test tubes filled with this gold pooping bacteria, thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Somebody call Paul Stametz....maybe a mycillium can do the same thing...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I have found my new pet, I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

I should probably get 2 so they don't get lonely.

new topics

top topics

join