It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi security officials....suicide bomber has attacked .... Baghdad, killing 29 and wounding 60.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
July 3, 2016

Suicide bombers kill 126 in Baghdad today (ref: www.cnn.com... ) and there's no ATS thread that I can find. The Istanbul airport attack had just one thread, I believe.

Is the world becoming accustomed, or numb, to these attacks now?
edit on 7/3/2016 by carewemust because: ?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: FamCore

There are many reasons for the so called lack of outrage.

Lack of familiarity with the culture.

For that matter, over familiarity. Burn out, if you will. How many times have we heard: "Explosions rocked downtown Bagdhad early this morning...early reports say as many as *** may have been killed, and many more injured.", in the past decade plus?

I call it the "what else is new" syndrome. ...and we all suffer from it to some degree or another.

...and you're smart enough to come up with other equally plausible reasons that have nothing what so ever to do with any form of bigotry.

Is there some bigotry? Sure. But it's hardly the main reason.

You forget the burning of amarican flags and thr call for death to Amaricans scenes like that creates a certain apathy to the country.But good news Is things can change look at Japan. SomethING happens in Japan people are sending money and support. A couple of decades ago they would have been glad it happened. As I said things change attitudes change but ultimately support has alot to do with behavior.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join