It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Over Going to Ball Game, Dancing the Tango Post-Brussels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The article is interesting and pretty much shamed Obama for doing the 'dirty dancing', especially right after the most recent terror attacks in Brussels. .

The video goes on to say that "Obama is just sitting on his hands". However, Obama advises that fighting terror is his # 1 priority. The POTUS is being brutally attacked and the media is bringing up his lack of leadership during the war on terror.

Does the POTUS have the right to dance cough, cough or Tango? Or is this just bad judgement, as we have seen so many times before? Lets hear it ATS!!!

Moments after video surfaced on Wednesday night of President Obama doing the tango while visiting Argentina, the panel on CNN’s AC360 did little to contain their disdain for the President continuing to engage in lighter fare they dubbed “frivolous” and “shameful” in the immediate 24-36 hours after the deadly Islamic terror attacks in Brussels, Belgium.

Since 2014, the Islamic state, has carried out 75 attacks in 20 countries outside of Iraq and Syria that have killed 1280 people and have injured 1770.

Here is the news article

Here is the video and commentary

edit on 25-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: sc

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Not a President Obama fan,but you can google previous crises and see presidents doing similar things.You can't be in the war room 24/7.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

He can run the country from anywhere in the world. I don't believe he is expected to be in mourning.

I doubt he was doing the tango until all hours. US pundits are the only ones I hear disdain from.

He has said that changing plans would only allow the terrorists to believe they had disrupted more than they already had.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

His actions of one day mean nothing--it is his actions over the past 7 years that culminate in my disdain for the fella.

Ten bucks says he's on Dancing With The Stars within two years after he passes the key to the White House to someone else.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Look, if people can roast the heck out of Bush for finishing the children's book on 9/11, then they can roast Obama for golfing, going to baseball games, dancing, etc., during most every major terror attack that takes place on his watch.

That seems to be the going treatment for the POTUS.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh my god, obama dances to the death of christians, that evil muslim dog eating commie lover lol.

Its cute to see obama haters using cnn a commie tv station lol, to bash obama.

Enjoy the rest of the day

edit on 25-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
US pundits are the only ones I hear disdain from.

I've heard it from other countries, too, but if you're hearing it from us the loudest, it's because after seven years of this, we're getting really fed up with it. Plus, he's a lame-duck president now, so the media doesn't feel a need to kiss his ass anymore.

He has said that changing plans would only allow the terrorists to believe they had disrupted more than they already had.

Right, and that's like saying "because the Bible says it happened." It's something that he can say to appease the apathetic of the nation (which is about 76.32% of the U.S., IMO...roughly), but it has no real substance.
edit on 25-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

US pundits are the only ones I hear disdain from.

I've heard it from other countries, too, but if you're hearing it from us the loudest, it's because after seven years of this, we're getting really fed up with it. Plus, he's a lame-duck president now, so the media doesn't feel a need to kiss his ass anymore.

Right, and that's like saying "because the Bible says it happened." It's something that he can say to appease the apathetic of the nation (which is about 76.32% of the U.S., IMO...roughly), but it has no real substance.

Which countries?

And how is that like saying "because the Bible said it happened?"

After 7 years of what?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Look, if people can roast the heck out of Bush for finishing the children's book on 9/11, then they can roast Obama for golfing, going to baseball games, dancing, etc., during most every major terror attack that takes place on his watch.

That seems to be the going treatment for the POTUS.

I think the 'Bush reading the children's book' is a little different. He was told his OWN country was under attack, at that moment.

If he were reading a book to children 3 days later, probably not such a bad reaction.
edit on 25-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What's he meant to do?

Stand grimaced and silent until the public decide enough time has passed.

I had a couple of vodkas after the Brussels attack...

You could interpret that as a celebration too, but really I just like drinking vodka.

I don't like Obama, but that's just as lame as his presidential reign.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Does it matter what he is doing? There was a crisis, his crisis management team should be actively collecting data and feeding it to him. He may be off visiting another country, did that country stop everything, call off all events because of a tragedy on the other side fo the world, no. President Obama probably carries a cell phone or two and probably gets as much as he needs to know on a regular basis. Terrorism should not stop the world from functioning or it will win. I think that it was good for the president to show that the country he was visiting was no less important than any other on the world stage. He was there for a limited time and I am sure the Argentinian gov't or any other would not mind excusing him for a few minutes to take calls and give orders but then they would be delighted to have him rejoin the proceedings they had planned for him.

I see no fault here.
edit on 25-3-2016 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
Does it matter what he is doing? There was a crisis, his crisis management team should be actively collecting data and feeding it to him. He may be off visiting another country, did that country stop everything, call off all events because of a tragedy on the other side fo the world, no. President Obama probably carries a cell phone or two and probably gets as much as he needs to know on a regular basis. Terrorism should not stop the world from functioning or it will win. I think that it was good for the president to show that the country he was visiting was no less important then any other on the world stage. He was there for a limited time and I am sure the Argentinian gov't or any other would not mind excusing him for a few minutes to take calls and give orders but then they would be delighted to have him rejoin the proceedings they had planned for him.

I see no fault here.

Absolutely. That is very well put.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Which countries?

I'm sorry, I didn't write down or really care about the source when I heard it discussed.

And how is that like saying "because the Bible said it happened?"

Because it means nothing to those who actually think about the situation.

After 7 years of what?

His presidency, and all of the extracurricular things that he seems to prioritize over things that actually matter.

If you are a president and you claim that defeating ISIS and their terrorists is your number-one priority, and then when this same group attacks innocent citizens of a country and your response is to just continue on with your fun plans, what that says to people paying attention is, "Yeah, it's a priority...I'll get to it right after this baseball game and this dance I have scheduled."

I hold disdain for hypocrisy and lies, especially when it comes from someone duly elected to lead and represent the entirety of a country to the 'outside world.'

And we have a right to hold him in contempt of the court of public opinion--his actions as both our president and our commander-in-chief are massively lacking.

And to your comment about the Bush-reading-to-children situation, you're right, that was different: He didn't rush out of the room because he didn't want to alarm the children. That makes sense, both from the position of being a leader and a father.

I don't agree with what he got us into as an aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

who gives a f? Each day 150k people die in the world, no one blinks an eye. stop over reacting. Life goes on.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am in room 666...here is the key...

*smack...ouch...your married...hey hey now what happens here stays here...
edit on 3 25 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 25 2016 by Quantum12 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Obama should be able to cut loose, dance, enjoy the privileges of the office.

I guess what irritated me was that he spent the last few days bad-mouthing capitalism, extolling the virtues of communism, but then went back to the comforts that capitalism and the American system provides for him.

I think he looks like an elitist who is disconnected to the people of the country he represents.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I was about to post a different article on the same subject -- you beat me to it!

Piers Morgan: Twinkle-toes Obama might be a demon at the tango but when it comes to reading the public mood he’s tone-deaf

Much to my surprise, Piers was brutal!

I agree that the optics were bad... very bad! But what is the appropriate response? That's what I'm not sure of. Snubbing other nations who have planned and prepared for his visit isn't an appropriate response either.

I doubt anyone is more critical of Obama than me. But I think this is one of those times when someone would have been calling foul no matter what Obama did.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It is well put. What do you think Bush was doing for those few minutes?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The last time an American President visited Cuba it was over 80 years ago! I think making peace and having normal relations with a country that's only 90 miles from our shore is more important for the security of the United States, than having Obama sitting in the Oval Office and commenting about the terrorist bombing in Brussels.

He's on a major and historical diplomatic relations visit with a country that has closer relations with Russia than the United States! The Brussels bombing is a job for the FBI and NSA to investigate the terrorist connections. I'm sure if they needed any kind of approval from the president, he's only a short phone call away.

It wasn't an attack on U.S. soil for Pete's sake! These constant attacks on Obama are really getting ridiculous, and I'm not even a fan of Obama.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
Does it matter what he is doing? There was a crisis, his crisis management team should be actively collecting data and feeding it to him. He may be off visiting another country, did that country stop everything, call off all events because of a tragedy on the other side fo the world, no. President Obama probably carries a cell phone or two and probably gets as much as he needs to know on a regular basis. Terrorism should not stop the world from functioning or it will win. I think that it was good for the president to show that the country he was visiting was no less important than any other on the world stage. He was there for a limited time and I am sure the Argentinian gov't or any other would not mind excusing him for a few minutes to take calls and give orders but then they would be delighted to have him rejoin the proceedings they had planned for him.

I see no fault here.

Obviously a severe case of Obama Derangement Syndrome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join