It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haji Imam, ISIS ‘Second in Command,’ Killed by U.S. in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It seems the second in charge of ISIS has been sent to meet his maker in Syria.

Haji Imam, whose real name is said to be Abd ar-Rahman Mustafa al-Qaduli, is a senior religious leader of the self-proclaimed Islamic State and had been considered to be next in line to succeed “caliph” Omar al-Baghdadi, though some ISIS watchers say his Turkoman background ruled that out.

The official says U.S. forces killed a high-ranking official in a raid on his vehicle who they believe was Haji Imam, after they tracked him for several days.

Carter would not describe where or how the leader was killed, but the senior defense official described the action as an U.S. Special operations raid inside Syria, in which Haji Imam's car was targeted. The raiders had hoped to capture him alive for questioning, but he was killed in the operation.

www.thedailybeast.com...

SO now does this hamper ISIS in any way, because we all know when you kill one there is always another there to take his place?

I am glad to see the US special forces are doing what they do best.

Now we need to find the top man and send him to his maker.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Good riddance.

But i felt schizophrenic reading this article. One line it was called ISIS, on the other ISIL.

"We are systematically eliminating ISIL's cabinet," Carter said, using the administration's preferred term for the Islamic State.

Carter described Haji Imam as a senior ISIS leader serving as a finance minister and who also was responsible for some "external affairs and plots.

" "The removal of this ISIL leader will hamper the organizations ability to conduct operations both inside and outside of Iraq and Syria," Carter said.

Is there two organizations ? One is ISIL and the other ISIS ?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Good riddance.

But i felt schizophrenic reading this article. One line it was called ISIS, on the other ISIL.

"We are systematically eliminating ISIL's cabinet," Carter said, using the administration's preferred term for the Islamic State.

Carter described Haji Imam as a senior ISIS leader serving as a finance minister and who also was responsible for some "external affairs and plots.

" "The removal of this ISIL leader will hamper the organizations ability to conduct operations both inside and outside of Iraq and Syria," Carter said.

It's the same organisation. They are also called Daesh, and that is the term I prefer to use, as apparently, they don't like to be referred to as Daesh.

Daesh.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm not impressed.

I can't see the terrorists says, "Oh darn, they killed the second in command. Guess we'll go home and go back to IT support for Apple Products!"

Kill a few thousand of the bastards, then I'll be clapping!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Another western backed ISIS cover story. Heres the real one…

RT

Oh, do read it. They found ISIS documents in english, detailing sales of stolen syrian oil sold to Turkey and manuals, again in english, how to overthrow Assads evil regime. Captured ISIS fighters with passports stamped in Turkey, interviews conducted where they said they crossed between turkey and Syria easily.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This should be our parting shot...our final farewell.

I'm glad to see him taken out, but we've completed our tenure over there. It's time to come home.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Most government officials refer to them as ISIL: Islamic State in the Levant (it's a more generalized term)

Most media and others call them ISIS: Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (it's a more specific term)

At least, that's what I get out of it. I think, honestly, that "ISIS" narrows down their area of operation too much, and ISIL is probably more correct.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Another western backed ISIS cover story.

Do you want to say that USA didn't killed Daesh number two terrorist ?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Allahu Akbar.

Enjoy Jahannam, Khajirite.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I just looked over the article, looked at the pictures of the documents, and then did a search on the web page for the word "English;" unless I'm mistaken, I see no references to any of the stuff being in English, nor do I see any pictures of anything being in English.

Care to specify exactly what was in English?

Overall, though, it is a good, thorough article, I just fail to see the connection that you're stating is there with things being in English.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not impressed.

That's fine.

I can't see the terrorists says, "Oh darn, they killed the second in command. Guess we'll go home and go back to IT support for Apple Products!"

No they aren't, but when you kill a second in command and religious leader it changes things in the organization.

Kill a few thousand of the bastards, then I'll be clapping!

Is that not what they are trying to do in Syria and Iraq?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This should be our parting shot...our final farewell.

That probably won't happen until we get the top man...and his days are numbered.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

RT

Oh my!!!!

So exactly what does that article have to do with the premise of this thread, as it has nothing to do with Turkey, or oil so feel free to show how this source is even relevant to the discussion at hand?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That reminds of a small graphic I saw posted at someone's office entrance:

"I don't feel like discussing it today.

Tomorrow's not looking good either."

It's a sign that means that they don't want to deal with it in perpetuity. ISIS is the same way...there will always be another top man, then another, then another. If we keep waiting to get the top man, we'll never leave.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ISIS is the same way...there will always be another top man, then another, then another.

That's the problem with fighting terrorists, or even drug cartels...there is always a next in line.

If we keep waiting to get the top man, we'll never leave.

But with ISIS they are so devoted to Al Bagdadi and what he says removing him would do one of two things...

1. make ISIS even madder than they are at the west and ramp up their terrorism.

or

2. they begin having problems with internal strife about who leads them into oblivion as their leader.

And I am hoping the second one is what we see. It seems to be working with Al Qaeda as they aren't the terror group they once were.

The problem is this isn't going to be over anytime soon, and I am afraid we will always be dealing with them in one way or another...just as we do with Al Qaeda.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah, or there's the third option: They can't agree on a new leader, so they split and form even more terrorist organizations for us to send our troops after :/

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Another western backed ISIS cover story.

Do you want to say that USA didn't killed Daesh number two terrorist ?

How many times?

Or…

Like we killed Saddam and Usama, once we're done with them they become an embarrassment. The US backed insurgency in Syria is failing, probably these guys are pissed, want revenge for being abandoned, like in Europe for instance.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Good riddance.

It's the same organisation. They are also called Daesh, and that is the term I prefer to use, as apparently, they don't like to be referred to as Daesh.

Daesh.
thats not exactly true mate . Daesh is " داعش" in Arabic and stands for "دوله الاسلامیه فی العراق و الشام" . its english equivalent is ISIL .

they changed their name to simply "Islamic state" . maybe thats what you're referring to .

Anyhow, Good riddance .

Nice job USAF .

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Sorry… right you are, the originals are in Arabic…

Image of oil sales documents, ISIS to turkey

What I meant is the real story is ISIS is being defeated by combined Russian and Syrian efforts. US sponsored insurgency in Syria to overthrow Syria. Why would the US be defeating their own guerrilla armies?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Because we have a bad history of supplying guerilla armies that eventually grow in power and turn against us.

It's kind of like when an owner of an aggressive dog raises it to fight and distrust people, then it turns on its owner...you have to put it down at that point, even if you made the dog become that which you then must destroy.

Our problem is that we'll still raise that dog's puppies in the same manner, and the cycle will continue, unless we just get the hell out of there and cut our losses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join