It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking at 9AM!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes I am ...

Actually, I am baking one of these this morning. And since the recipe only uses half the can, I have the other half of a can of Buffalo Sweat craft stout to finish off. Poor me ...

I am setting such a lousy example to my kiddo though.

However, if you like chocolate cakes, this one is easy and there are ton of different variations all over the Internet. If cooks up moist and the cream cheese frosting goes really well with the flavor which isn't too sweet at all thanks to the beer which you can completely taste. The recipe calls for Guiness, but I've never actually used a Guiness in it. I've used a Sam Adams stout, a random craft stout I can't even remember, and the Buffalo Sweat which I actually enjoy drinking.

Additionally, I have to make a homemade ranch for the veggies and some strawberry hand pies with some cream cheese pastry cream in them for our Easter celebration. Busy day in the kitchen.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The real question is did you enjoy it?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yummy!!!! I like day drinking and ANYTHING ELSE regarding to baking and cooking
I am known to fire up my grill on the weekend and grill a smorgasbord @0700 while engaging in strong adult bevvys

$&F

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Which? The beer or drinking this early?

I wasn't chomping at the bit to drink if that's what you mean. It was the unfortunate side effect of having half the can left and realizing that leaving it there would only make it flat and nasty.

Tasted just fine though.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Every now and again I'll have a cold one early in the morning. I'm an out doorsy type of guy. A lot of early mornings for me. Typically in the summer you'll find me at the grille drinking a beer and being an a-hole.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I was thinking of the beer more than the hour, honestly.

I guess I find stout and chocolate cake as a hard combination to wrap my head around...at 7:30 in the morning.

(That puts you in the central time zone, at a guess. I'm going back to bed...
)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Eh, I'm usually more of an "Holy crap! It's been a long day ... pass the booze." type of gal myself.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: slapjacks

Eh, I'm usually more of an "Holy crap! It's been a long day ... pass the booze." type of gal myself.

That works too!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Some stouts have chocolate flavors and the roasted malt flavor goes well with a deep chocolate cake. I picked the Sam Adams specifically because it listed the chocolate flavors and the Buffalo Sweat also has those being a sweet cream and oatmeal stout.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Ah. I see. Your way beyond my level of matchings.

My daughter is a part owner of a local restaurant and just had a beer and wine contest for flavor matching(?) and beer won!!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm sitting in the United lounge at O'Hare having a Bourbon.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Cheers! On location in a biker bar and can't keep my lips off the Fireball whisky bottle.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If I was going to have a 9AM beer, I would absolutely choose a Stout! The cake sounds awesome, and I'm generally not a chocolate cake guy. Recipe printed, Buffalo Sweat stout noted for future reference! Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm sitting in the United lounge at O'Hare having a Bourbon.

I'm raising my Red Bull in 'toast' (I'm at work :barf
about 10 miles Northeast in your general direction. Easter is a big wine holiday/ weekend for us, so I'm looking forward to a several bottles.

I'd be less jealous of you drinky folks if there was anything to do today besides watch the clock and clean out my junk drawer today.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

If I was going to have a 9AM beer, I would absolutely choose a Stout! The cake sounds awesome, and I'm generally not a chocolate cake guy. Recipe printed, Buffalo Sweat stout noted for future reference! Enjoy!

You sound like my husband. He'll do straight up sugar which makes me cringe, but he says chocolate gets too rich, so I have to find ways of making it less aggressive. He will eat this cake, so that's what earned it a place in my bag of tricks. I, being female, tend to love mostly all things chocolate.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That's part of the fun when cooking holiday meals.....there's a reason why so many recipes call for wine, beer or liquor !
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter / Spring Holiday !

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
That's part of the fun when cooking holiday meals.....there's a reason why so many recipes call for wine, beer or liquor !
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter / Spring Holiday !

Yes, we made a traditional Plum pudding this year because my grandmother used to make them from time to time. We couldn't find her recipe (my mom never liked the stuff), so went out and found on off the Internet. I noticed most of them call for lots and lots and brandy and cognac. The one I used had brandy and stout. I still have a jar of fruit infused brandy in my fridge from soaking all the dried fruit. Not sure what to do with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In my youth, I was known to drink shortly after waking up. But it was rarely morning.

Now I very rarely drink at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with having a drink in the morning.

I look forward to summertime when I have yard work to do or a project to build--I'll get going around 10am, and a beer is part of the tool box. Quite honestly, it just starts the day off right sometimes...I should have done it today, before I came to work

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I never tried it, but I saw a cooking show that used Brandy in cupcakes....the fruit infused Brandy might work well ? I'm pretty sure the alcohol cooks out, so it can be served to everyone. I'm trying to decide on a good veggie side dish for Ham ...any ideas?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join