It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Neurosurgeon Confirms The Afterlife Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I think with my medical condition, I'm desperate to believe in an afterlife, which makes me wary of what to believe.

..so then believe. nothing is stopping you, and theres nobody calling you a dumbass once you die for believing in something that turns out is false...worse case scenario, nothing happens (literally).
just dont like..demand you got the answers to it all because of your belief..belief is personal.

So, go watch some channeling erik videos and simply accept it..doesn't mean stop looking for proof of course, just..entertain a personal belief if you want..consider it afterlife fanfic you enjoy if you dont want to accept it fully as truth without full evidence.
And I dont know man...it makes no sense...but I have had some pretty remarkable things happen as "proof" (of which I stubbornly am not accepting on face value until I get a lot more)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

what makes you so skeptical of what you actually are?

do you believe in only what you can see?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
hxxp://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/NDERF_NDEs.htm this site is great for NDE Stories love to read them very fascinating.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Posted in 2012.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Read this and tootled off to do things whilst thinking about it.

If I am right the surgeon has traced back to our most early and primitive parts to use to look at how the soul exists and how it relates to our bodies physically by b wing channeled through these ancient parts which have been overtaken by more modern processes.

I love the way he has logically worked out about the afterlife because unless I can 'see the pathway' I usually have doubts.

What I kept going back to was whether there is anything that just is at all? The religious seem to court the just is and belief in that alone whilst others want to know how etc - neither is wrong except for the pure logistician.

That led me onto the idea because these functions were for ancient beings and not us homo sapiens, should the soul link actually apply to our world today or not because those who would have utilised it have died out.

Not sure if I explained myself too well because I have to dash off but I hope you get the drift of my wondering.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So he had a dream.

That's it and he suddenly believes in the afterlife?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

what makes you so skeptical of what you actually are?

do you believe in only what you can see?

I think you have read enough of Saturn to know what he's about. There is no universal truth in Saturn's world......only subjective, personal anecdotes. He's right.......but he stops there and that's where he's wrong. All of these personal anecdotes that make things subjective are all pieces of a puzzle that make one universal truth. That being, that we're all connected. It may be on a minute level that we cannot see or feel all the time because of those personal and subjective parts of us, but we're all connected. And no, I don't believe or hope that......I know that. If science can prove that we feed tree's oxygen and vice versa, the logical extension to the assumption that we are ALL connected is an easy stretch because it is, after all, based on fact. I don't know the specifics of this truth, nor do i need to. I don't need to understand 100% how something works in order to see that it does.

Extend this to NDE's. What connects us all? Our physical bodies? Our regionally based beliefs? Hardly. There's something inside.......those neural transmitters or something, that cause an NDE. Yes, Harvard believer, the intangible that is an NDE is real because of the tangible's, the parts of our inner workings that doctors and scientists can see, touch and feel. Put it this way, what goes on inside of the brain allows us to perceive the images in front of our eyes. Our brains process these images in a way where we can both see them and understand them for what they are. Do you understand the process? Neither do I and, for all intents and purposes, neither does the scientific or medical communities.They know the process, they just don't know how the process works, but that doesn't stop it from happening and it doesn't stop it from being a fact. (It's a universal truth Saturn, sorry.) That beautiful woman over there? I know she is and where she is because my brain told me so. That half-dead body I see that is me while I'm floating above it all? I see and recognize that because my neural transmitters told me so.

Nothing happens to us that does not originate within us. That woman who loves me? It started with me. That woman who hates me? It started with me. That guy who wants to kick my a$$? It started with me. How people react to you starts with YOU. The key word in the sentence "What do you believe", is YOU. That NDE I just experienced? It started with me, and it's because of me that it's happening. It my death after all, so if my visions of the afterlife are not of my doing, who sitting behind the projector showing me all of these images? God? Spare me.

There is absolutely nothing about your life that you experience that does not involve your participation, and that happens by your lead. We're not puppets on a string being pulled by some invisible force in the sky called God, we all responsible for what we say, do, think and feel and the NDE's we might remember.

Think of an NDE like a dream at a time where we want to call it an NDE. Just because you don't remember having one, that doesn't mean you didn't, because we all do. How do I know that about NDE's? Science and medicine. All those people who have died? They have all had NDE's in the moments and seconds before they died. Before you get to death, you get near it. If that weren't the case, the word "dying" wouldn't be in our vocabulary. But since they died, they can't share that information with us.

You didn't think the living were the only one's who had them did you?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

Posted in 2012.

The subject has risen from the dead.

See? There is an afterlife.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Posted in 2012.

haha Nice one

I wonder if he has sold many books by now?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Posted in 2012.

haha Nice one

I wonder if he has sold many books by now?

Probably.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Having experienced something myself during a seizure in which it's believed my heart stopped, I have a little personal interest in this. Even though I know what I saw and I feel I know a little more than most about this, this guy and his report offers no more evidence than any other claim, everything he offers as some kind of "evidence" for what he believes has been responded to by sceptics before.

The only difference here is this guy has a background in surgery, but that's simply not enough to take his experience as any more relevant or valid than mine, or anyone else's.

This is basically nothing more than saying "I have a degree! Believe me and ignore all the other science!"

It doesn't work that way. The fact that he's a Neurosurgeon means nothing. He's not a researcher, he's not a neuroscientist, he's a Neurosurgeon, it's an entirely different field and his position lends no more credibility than anyone else.

This is like comparing a mechanic to the theoretical physicists working a CERN.
He deals with the physical matter of the Human brain, he knows very little about how the Human brain functions.

When such opinions come from scientists who actually deal with the Human mind in anything deeper than a physical handling then we need to sit up and take notice, until then he's just another guy with an opinion.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I like the thought process you are undertaking here if I am understanding it correctly.

That is to say that in our more primitive parts of evolution we had a different kind of knowing, a knowing about how the soul went from a state of pure spirit and traveled down into this dimension. Are you suggesting that we have lost sight of this as we have continued our evolution?

Looking back through the ages I have come to believe that we have devolved in the spiritual sense. That there may have been a time and with it cultures that have existed with a knowledge of our connection to spirit. Perhaps had a greater understanding of awakening the higher energy fields that rest within us waiting to be awakened. Within this they would have understood sacred geometry and the methods of utilizing this within our earthly experience.

Following this through, this may be the knowledge that has been kept occult-ed and now we are beginning to see the re-emergence of such knowledge?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I very much so enjoyed you view of NDE's and your attempt to verbalize the ineffable qualities of our mind and its relation to all that is. There is no separating the experience from the one having the experience.

This can be understood in quiet contemplation, when one allows all thoughts, feelings, sensory input to float through the conscious attention and ask the question who is it that observes all of this. Granted most often our habitual thought patterns keep us trapped in the illusion that we are our thoughts, yet the very fact that you can observe as opposed to be your thought implies that you may not be what you think you are!

Thank you for sharing your wisdom Taupin!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: cosmickat

I have Dr Alexander's Proof of Heaven book, which I must admit I didn't ever read all the way through. I kinda gave up when he started sounding too religious. But I will say that when neuroscientists put forward their case for an afterlife it does add a lot of weight to the evidence even though it is still anecdotal.
I must have another try at reading it..thank you for reminding me about this.

"I must give up what I am, in order to become what I must be "

So, one thing in the whole spirituality 101 thing is that people experience what they expect.
This neurosurgeon guy may have been a bit of an atheist, but before he was, he was religious. he discusses how he had religion but when he became a doc, it sort of ebbed away from him..simply from learning about the brain and such, natural.
So then he had a nde
now, regardless of what may have really happened, what he believed was happening was..he was experiencing a afterlife..and so, pulling from his expectations from a earlier life, no doubt he would start seeing symbols of his belief
If he was buddist, he would probably have met krishna, or if he was muslim, muhammed, etc..that kind of thing.
It was his reference point of such subject matter.
So..I guess if he is telling the truth to the best of his ability, and something truly did happen to him outside of just the last dance of a dying brain, it still doesn't mean its the truth..just his perception and perhaps desired view of it all.
Same with people who say they experienced hell. programming.

This^^^

That's the problem with NDE's. They aren't consistent. Most(with some exceptions) seem to experience what fits their personal bias. I have a friend who "died", and came back a believer in the afterlife. None of what he came back believing was in line with the mainstream religions. He does believe there is a god(oversoul, source), but says religions have it all wrong from his experience. So...who's right and who's wrong? All of them and none of them, imo.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I was looking for a study on obe I read a few years ago and came across this. I don't k ow anything about the source but the three studies can be researched fairly easily. Just thought I would pass it along let some folks sniff around at the results. I haven't had time yet to thoroughly research all three studies.
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I suppose what stood out to me was when he attempted to refute it using his understanding of the brain.

A primitive brainstem program to ease terminal pain and suffering (“evolutionary argument” – possibly as a remnant of feigned-death strategies from lower mammals?). This did not explain the robust, richly interactive nature of the recollections

The distorted recall of memories from deeper parts of the limbic system (for example, the lateral amygdala) that have enough overlying brain to be relatively protected from the meningitic inflammation, which occurs mainly at the brain’s surface. This did not explain the robust, richly interactive nature of the recollections

___' dump. '___', a naturally occurring serotonin agonist causes vivid hallucinations and a dream-like state. I am personally familiar with drug experiences related to serotonin agonist/antagonists ('___') from my teen years in the early 70s. I have had no personal experience with '___' but have seen patients under its influence. The rich ultra-reality would still require fairly intact auditory and visual neocortex as target regions in which to generate such a rich audiovisual experience as I had in a coma. Prolonged coma due to bacterial meningitis had badly damaged my neocortex, which is where all of the serotonin from the raphe nuclei in my brainstem (or '___', a serotonin agonist) would have had effects on visual/auditory experiences. But my cortex was off, and the '___' would have no place in the brain to act

You are correct that no ones subjective experience within the realms of the mind are more believable than anyone, however given the usual refutation that these are all simply hallucination of the mind I liked his take on why that is not so easily applied to his state.

Thank you for sharing your experience, there are those who do understand the mind on much deeper level than physical, however shamans have been silenced and mocked and will not be gaining credibility within the "scientific" community for some time! Hopefully sooner than later!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I believe what he experienced was a brief premature release of D M T from the pineal gland, maybe his lack of brain activity triggered this

The power of drugs sometimes can be very vivid and real like

I once had an experience with drugs which basically changed my view on the world instantly as I woke up, I was overcome by love and emotion I felt reborn, but I had somehow gained the knowledge of a 200 year old

Prior to that I was a young depressed, hate filled violent young man who had give up... Totally lost looking back now it was a very dark place

The dream showed me the real world and how beautiful it all really is, It made me forgive people, it did show me an afterlife

However I didn't die, I might have passed out, but I'm sure I just fell asleep

So yeah, as crazy as it sounds, that happened but it was drug induced

edit on 25-3-2016 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It only makes sense that there would be no universal experience within this realm, just as there is no universal experience within our physical form.

10 people can witness the same event and come away with drastically different versions of it. If we are considering the possibility of life after death and the implied reincarnation along with it, there is no way that anyone will experience the same thing, we are quite literally talking about an infinite amount of variables that could effect someones consciousness.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I had always heard dmt was produced in the brain. I had always read that it was just speculation and hadn't really been proven. Or at least hadn't been proven that large amounts of dmt are produced at times of birth, death, and heavy sleep. I'm not fully sure though I'll look around for any real evidence of this. Even if something like dmt was produced in our brains at time of death, how should that prove one way or another if there is an afterlife? The only reason I ask this is the strange coincidence that many people share similar experiences when under the influence of dmt, many people report interacting or communicating with some intelligent life form. It's very interesting I wish I knew where to find some good studies on the topic.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think I'm more inclined to the belief of reincarnation. It just seems a more logical arrangement in an eternal universe. How it all works, I have no idea. Maybe just a more attractive notion than the Christian heaven or hell option or the secular. Nothingness concept.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join