It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact? Stranded 'alien being' pleads with UFO investigators for help

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18

I've seen this family before with sister Jamie receiving Erik's messages.

On this video, I am noticing the bone like protrusion on "mom's" forehead around the 1:15 mark and again on the 1:25 ish mark and many other times. At first I thought it a wrinkle but when she leans forward and turns head sideways, it is definately not a long wrinkle up from between her brows to her hairline.

Maybe the whole clan are aliens?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I dont know either way if its real...but for the sake of argument, lets say it is. Its certainly possible out of all the known and suspected...and accepted hoaxes out there...a small percentage cant be disproven. Maybe this is one of those in that small 5% that is absolutely real.

Its often said that if 75% of all reports are fake, and 20% are identifiable...then Im interested in that last 5% that cant be anything other than true.

5% is all it takes to prove without a doubt. I think the real percentage may be even higher....

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andre18
a reply to: spygeek

What do you know about consciousness to say it can't exist without a physical container? Do you know what consciousness is to say what consciousness can and can not be?

I know it is the product of neural electrochemical interactions and cannot exist without a brain or neural network of some description.

How do you know everything from the wind to the rocks to an electromagnetic wave doesnt have their own consciousness?

Because this defies the definition of consciousness, logic and reason, and has no evidence to support it.

It's already been found that plants have consciousness, there's plenty of reason to say there's no such thing as dead matter and that all matter is living and aware in some state.

Plants are capable of a certain level of perception and chemical communication, this does not equate to consciousness. Your claim that "it's already been found that plants have consciousness" is fallacious.

There is no reason at all to say "there's no such thing as dead matter and that all matter is living and aware in some state." If you have some reason, please share it.
edit on 24-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I think you're missing the point. I think what he meant was everyone just jumps to conclusions about what seems to be ridiculous. We have no evidence to disprove Mogays claims. Our final ruling is based purely on preconceptions and not on actual facts.

I think we need to use due diligence to fully confirm if Mogay is telling the truth or not. This should be applied to anyone making these kinds of claims. and also claims of Jesus or a second coming or whatever.

Aliens coming to this planet at all is quite ridiculous. Imagine it happened right now. It would feel surreal and if they came here in a different way than portrayed in hollywood movies, we wouldn't believe it. What if they don't come here in a spaceship from outers pace? Wouldn't perhaps you and everyone else just dismiss it as crazy? What if we are missing chances to communicate with entities beyond our planet because of our own judgmental attitudes towards alternative possibilities?

Let's use due diligence to make sure we aren't making a critical mistake.
edit on 24-3-2016 by primespickle because: less judgy

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: dogstar23

I think you're missing the point. I think what he meant was everyone just jumps to conclusions about what seems to be ridiculous. We have no evidence to disprove Mogays claims. Our final ruling is based purely on preconceptions and not on actual facts.

It is an evidential fact that an electromagnetic waveform is not conscious and can not take over and control a body, or even be trapped on a planet, for that matter.

I think we need to use due diligence to fully confirm if Mogay is telling the truth or not. This should be applied to anyone making these kinds of claims. and also claims of Jesus or a second coming or whatever.

Due diligence of this claim took me less than five minutes. Not sure why you are brining up Jesus..

Aliens coming to this planet at all is quite ridiculous. Imagine it happened right now. It would feel surreal and if they came here in a different way than portrayed in hollywood movies, we wouldn't believe it. What if they don't come here in a spaceship from outers pace? Wouldn't perhaps you and everyone else just dismiss it as crazy? What if we are missing chances to communicate with entities beyond our planet because of our own judgmental attitudes towards alternative possibilities?

The situation in the OP is not an "alternative possibility". It is a physical impossibility.

Let's use due diligence to make sure we aren't making a critical mistake.

Ok....

...done.
edit on 25-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra

originally posted by: carewemust
Please boil this down to what the alien needs...what kind of "help" is it seeking?

My money is on "psychiatric".

I actually laughed out loud at this. I needed that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

What do you know about consciousness to say it can't exist without a physical container? Do you know what consciousness is to say what consciousness can and can not be?

I know it is the product of neural electrochemical interactions and cannot exist without a brain or neural network of some description.

How do you know that's not just one of many ways consciousness can exist through? So imagine the brain is a radio receiver only, and all thought is simply being received from outside the brain, you're then presuming that simply because some parts of a radio receiver are damaged, the receiver is not able to pick up all the different radio signals in the same sense when the brain is damaged it's not able to pick up the entire consciousness of you. Please explain how this can not be?

How do you know everything from the wind to the rocks to an electromagnetic wave doesnt have their own consciousness?

Because this defies the definition of consciousness, logic and reason, and has no evidence to support it.

The mind can always be seen in the logic of behaviors, so when ever you see logic you can notice that atoms, chemicals, cells etc that are behaving logically are doing so because there is a mind behind them, that our mind can relate to as what we do in our own logical minds. Consciousness is simply, the thing that feels like something. What makes you think feeling is limited to the physical experience? Is feeling only physical? no, for there are emotions. Emotions may be experienced to us through our physicality but that doesn't mean because we have physicality to experience emotions then that's the only way emotions can be experienced.

It's already been found that plants have consciousness, there's plenty of reason to say there's no such thing as dead matter and that all matter is living and aware in some state.

Plants are capable of a certain level of perception and chemical communication, this does not equate to consciousness. Your claim that "it's already been found that plants have consciousness" is fallacious.

You can't have perception without a perceiver, you cant perceive without consciousness, so......
What is fallacious, is only based on what you don't yet know. Very arrogant of you to say you know all there is.

There is no reason at all to say "there's no such thing as dead matter and that all matter is living and aware in some state." If you have some reason, please share it.

Oh sure, so there's this thing called - mitochondria, which are the power plants of most complex cells and billions of years ago they were free living bacteria that entered a partnership with bigger cells. They have their own DNA and can multiply on their own but they are then not 'alive' anymore, so they're then 'dead' and only the DNA continues on living, which means living things can evolve into 'dead things' just as long as its beneficial to their genetic code. So it can be said that life is simply information that manages to ensure its continued existence. Sounds pretty aware to me...

And so the idea that life is fundamentally different from 'non living things' because they the non living things contain some non physical element turns out to be wrong. There's nothing magic about life as we know it that makes it special and so since everything in the universe is made of the same stuff, it means everything in the universe is alive, down to the atom. This goes further to understanding nothing is then and can never be dead. Which in it self implies consciousness never dies, makes you think of reincarnation and souls huh

edit on 25-3-2016 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Why not have the lady channeling mogay ask him to verify the story with NO information provided by the woman in glasses.

If she says the same things including the name of the planet, then proceed with the interview.

If it becomes a new story, then its a lie.

So far, one person read a story, and the other said yeah, blah blah blah.

edit on 3 25 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

How do you know that's not just one of many ways consciousness can exist through?

Because there's no evidence of anything else. If you just want to play make-believe, you're in the wrong forum.

So imagine the brain is a radio receiver only, and all thought is simply being received from outside the brain,...

That would be a foolish thing to imagine.

Please explain how this can not be?

Again, this is not the science fiction/fantasy forum. You're the one making the wild claim, so you're the one who needs to prove it.

Consciousness is simply, the thing that feels like something.

This is the worst definition of consciousness I've ever heard.

What makes you think feeling is limited to the physical experience?

A lifetime of experience, the very definition of 'feeling', and the fact that there's no evidence to the contrary.

Is feeling only physical?

Yes.

no, for there are emotions.

Emotions are not 'feeling', unless youre using your own definition.

Emotions may be experienced to us through our physicality but that doesn't mean because we have physicality to experience emotions then that's the only way emotions can be experienced.

Then please show us evidence that supports your silly claims.

Very arrogant of you to say you know all there is.

Nobody has said that. It's also very ignorant to make ridiculous claims without a shred of supporting evidence

Sounds pretty aware to me...

Science doesn't care how something 'sounds' to you.

And so the idea that life is fundamentally different from 'non living things' because they the non living things contain some non physical element turns out to be wrong.

Again, where is your evidence to support these silly assertions?

...since everything in the universe is made of the same stuff, it means everything in the universe is alive, down to the atom.

Ridiculous.

This goes further to understanding nothing is then and can never be dead.

Methinks someone's had a bit too much Kool-Aid.

Which in it self implies consciousness never dies...

It does no such thing.

...makes you think of reincarnation and souls huh

No.
edit on 3/25/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Then you should send them a message on their blog site for them to do another interview since there's support to help the alien, and have them conduct the channeling without the woman in glasses giving information. However, you might as well say, hey, what if the medium simply reads about the story herself and starts to make it up? so either way you wouldn't be satisfied.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Total BS. The transcript reads like a Chinese person using Google translate to communicate. Plus being an electromagnetic wave enetity leaves one open to some severe interference of their mind/being because the electromagnic spectrum is everything from visable light to gamma rays so you would be bombarded into oblivion if you existed only in this state. In other words you would get mulched into static

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If it isn't a hoax, the alien can do things like take control of human bodies and needs our help then just show some proof.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Emotions are not 'feeling', unless youre using your own definition

Unless you havent noticed, you feel with your emotions.

Emotions may be experienced to us through our physicality but that doesn't mean because we have physicality to experience emotions then that's the only way emotions can be experienced.

Then please show us evidence that supports your silly claims.

You should research Primary Perception.

And so the idea that life is fundamentally different from 'non living things' because they the non living things contain some non physical element turns out to be wrong.
Again, where is your evidence to support these silly assertions?

Research mitochondria, I've already explained it's significance as evidence.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

How do you know that's not just one of many ways consciousness can exist through?

Because that is the definition of consciousness. If there were other ways for consciousness to exist, we would have to redefine what it is.

So imagine the brain is a radio receiver only, and all thought is simply being received from outside the brain, you're then presuming that simply because some parts of a radio receiver are damaged, the receiver is not able to pick up all the different radio signals in the same sense when the brain is damaged it's not able to pick up the entire consciousness of you. Please explain how this can not be?

Please explain how this can be. You are the one making the proposition, the onus is on you to justify and support it.

If all thoughts are broadcast from outside the brain, where are they broadcast from? Why can we not detect them? Do all thoughts originate from the same place? Are there multiple sources? What makes each consciousness unique in that it is only received by one brain? Are there superfluous consciousness signals that are never picked up by a brain? Is a new consciousness signal generated upon the birth of each individual human? What generates the consciousness signals? Is it biological? Mechanical? Is it conscious itself? If so, where does its consciousness come from? How does it generate these consciousnesses and how does it broadcast them?

The mind can always be seen in the logic of behaviors, so when ever you see logic you can notice that atoms, chemicals, cells etc that are behaving logically are doing so because there is a mind behind them, that our mind can relate to as what we do in our own logical minds.

Atoms, chemicals, and cells behave logically? How so? Logic is required to be evident if you are going to attribute logic to something.

Consciousness is simply, the thing that feels like something. What makes you think feeling is limited to the physical experience? Is feeling only physical? no, for there are emotions. Emotions may be experienced to us through our physicality but that doesn't mean because we have physicality to experience emotions then that's the only way emotions can be experienced.

I like the way you have invented your own definition of consciousness in order to straw man my position.

Also, what?

You can't have perception without a perceiver, you cant perceive without consciousness, so......
What is fallacious, is only based on what you don't yet know. Very arrogant of you to say you know all there is.

I never said I know all there is.

Limited perception can exist without consciousness, who thinks they know all there is now? =P

Oh sure, so there's this thing called - mitochondria, which are the power plants of most complex cells and billions of years ago were free living bacteria that entered a partnership with bigger cells, they have their own DNA and can multiply on their own but they are then not alive anymore, so they're then dead and only the DNA continues on living, which means living things can evolve into 'dead things' just as long as its beneficial to their genetic code. So it can be said that life is simply information that manages to ensure its continued existence. Sounds pretty aware to me...

Wait...what? You're redefining life now?

And so the idea that life is fundamentally different from 'non living things' because they the non living things contain some non physical element turns out to be wrong. There's nothing magic about life as we know it that makes it special and so since everything in the universe is made of the same stuff, it means everything in the universe is alive, down to the atom. This goes further to understanding nothing is then and can never be dead.

You clearly have little to no understanding of the scientific definition of life, or what separates the living from non-living.. what does any of this have to do with the OP, btw?
edit on 25-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That was a fascinating, thank you for posting

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Oh!
how cute!
And for being possible, or not: maybe.
But that's from someone who read a lot about interdimensional beings. Saying it's electromagnetic could be a stretch to not endanger it's life while on a potentially hostile planet.
But why shouldn't it be possible? We are also mostly made up from electric forces and gravity, a very small percentage is matter.
And if sci-fi writers can imagine gas clouds as sentient beings, why shouldn't waves be?
Nobody has a definite answer to what consciousness is. All we know so far is from studying the brain and in it it's mostly electric charge. Maybe the meaty stuff is just necessary in our imagination?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Because that is the definition of consciousness. If there were other ways for consciousness to exist, we would have to redefine what it is.

Then soon in science it will be redefined.

If all thoughts are broadcast from outside the brain, where are they broadcast from?

The soul.

Why can we not detect them?

Because they exist in another dimension the same as neutrinos. In this video you will find a box covered in Hawaiian incantations used in the most high tech science known to man...i wonder why
"it's almost as if they exist in a separate universe... they exist but we cant get our hands on them because they seem to exist in another place"..."the universe can't exist without neutrinos but they seem to exist in their own separate universe and we're actually trying to make contact with that other worldly universe of neutrinos and as a physicist even though i understand it mathematically and i understand it intellectually, it still hits me in the gut that there is something here surrounding me almost like some sort of spirit or god that i cant touch but i can measure it. It's like measuring the spirit world."

The incantation at 3:54 in the neutrino video is depicted exactly the same as how consciousness is described in this channeling session about what is consciousness at 3:26
You noticing a pattern yet?

Do all thoughts originate from the same place? Are there multiple sources? What makes each consciousness unique in that it is only received by one brain?

You'll have to research the soul's higher self

Are there superfluous consciousness signals that are never picked up by a brain? Is a new consciousness signal generated upon the birth of each individual human? What generates the consciousness signals? Is it biological? Mechanical? Is it conscious itself? If so, where does its consciousness come from? How does it generate these consciousnesses and how does it broadcast them?

In my opinion that will answered when science can finally communicate with the after life realm

Atoms, chemicals, and cells behave logically? How so? Logic is required to be evident if you are going to attribute logic to something

You don't think how cells and and chemicals behave makes logical sense? that there's in order to what they do that not irrational. The way your entire anatomy functions, you dont think makes sense logically? You think everything from how our brains work to the spinning of galaxies is illogical? Because every scientist who studies the world around them understands these things to be highly logical, only they simply lack the reasoning to apply a mind to the logic of the universe unless it's behind their mind.... get it?

Limited perception can exist without consciousness, who thinks they know all there is now? =P

All you've just said is it can without explaining how... For in the video i presented, it is demonstrated that plants are highly aware. Think about what is doing the perceiving, without a mind there can be no experience. The mind may be more limited bit it's still aware.

Oh sure, so there's this thing called - mitochondria, which are the power plants of most complex cells and billions of years ago were free living bacteria that entered a partnership with bigger cells, they have their own DNA and can multiply on their own but they are then not alive anymore, so they're then dead and only the DNA continues on living, which means living things can evolve into 'dead things' just as long as its beneficial to their genetic code. So it can be said that life is simply information that manages to ensure its continued existence. Sounds pretty aware to me..

Wait...what? You're redefining life now

Scientists have no true definition of life at the moment because of these latest findings, actually..

And so the idea that life is fundamentally different from 'non living things' because they the non living things contain some non physical element turns out to be wrong. There's nothing magic about life as we know it that makes it special and so since everything in the universe is made of the same stuff, it means everything in the universe is alive, down to the atom. This goes further to understanding nothing is then and can never be dead.

You clearly have little to no understanding of the scientific definition of life, or what separates the living from non-living.. what does any of this have to do with the OP, btw?

Because once you can get your head around the idea that everything is living, then the simple idea of an electromagnetic wave having sentience doesn't seem so impossible anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

***snip***

Because once you can get your head around the idea that everything is living, then the simple idea of an electromagnetic wave having sentience doesn't seem so impossible anymore.

Exactly. In much the same way as it makes perfect sense that there is a possibility that if you throw a cat three feet into the air it COULD have turned into a violin by the time it lands on the ground.

Why not start by considering what an electromagnetic wave actually is, and how it travels in ONE direction until it meets some sort of mass. How a certain wave pattern suddenly becomes a huge array of interconnection that becomes sentient.

Nope. No amount of cunning semantic subterfuge makes the pure lost alien exist.
edit on 25-3-2016 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
lol Americans...you gotta love em

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
She's hot!

But quite clearly bonkers!

MR

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join