It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an experiment -what do you see?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
hello ATS people. Forewarning: this thread does not voice my opinions directly. This thread is more of an experiment - fishing for a particular outcome. Don’t be shy however; you're not guinea pigs. I apologize for the scatterbrained nature. It was very loosely put together… Ok, lets begin.

Raise your hands if you like movies. -anyone?

-yeah? Me too. I love movies. They're the ideal pastime for the first-world and anyone else who likes to just sit around and be spoon-fed 'thought' for two hours at a time. In fact, televisions in general have to be the #1 toy of the first-world (they do wonders). Of course one must not stay glued to the screen - but it saves energy if you do…

anyways, on to the experiment. I inadvertently discovered a potential subliminal message while vegetating the pixels yesterday. If you raised your hand, maybe you will remember the icons of these companies in the business. (they usually show themselves before the movie begins..

Dreamworks? Hollywood? Universal Studios? Getting old-school -Orion?
sorry, I couldnt load the visuals, let alone find them. they are as follows:

moon, sphinx, globe, stars

A reoccurring theme maybe? - nah, coincidence right…

Ok, how about this?….

Brian Helgeland - he directs movies -one of which is a family favorite entitled "A Knights Tale"

-some of you may own it. Go to the ending scene called "you've been weighed" -or something like that (on the DVD menu)

you will find an arrangement of five heads at the beginning of this scene. A mathematician might see shapes formed by those heads. An inverted pentagram even, hmmm?

Ok, go on and press play, >> listen to the dialogue,

"Welcome to the New World. May God save you -if he should so please." -interesting

Trivia:

-did you know that same director, Brian Helgeland, is himself acting in that scene.
-did you know that same director, Brian Helgeland, wrote what I expect is an ATS favorite entitled: Conspiracy Theory.
-did you know that same director, Brian Helgeland, has been linked to films that touch on the Vatican, Satanism, and vaguely even some secret societies?

-now, if I could get a volunteer? -preferably somebody who has thought outside the box/ put together a puzzle before.

-if possible, is there a willing soul who can speculate a 'conspiracy theory' (half-assed as it might be) using the facts I listed above?

Note: please don’t be shy. I imagine anyone is able. Most of you have already figured the whole point of this tangent already…. Some of you may be able to further fuel this 'theory' with your own observations

[edit on 12-1-2005 by lost]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Instead of asking for a volunteer I would just up and nominate junglejake to do it. He'd have you believing Brian Helgeland is the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
he also wrote the Postman, for which he should never have worked again. Post apocalyptic tale of postal carriers. Spooky.

He also wrote Nightmare on Elm Street 4 (Dream Warriors).

He also wrote the screenplay for Mystic River, Man on Fire and LA Confidential which makes up for Postman, 976-EVIL and Assassins.

Conspiracy? He writes good fiction. He gets paid for it. No conspiracy there. I think you see these connections in films because they make good stories. While these writers might believe some of the things they write about, I think a lot of the stuff is found via researching a story idea.

Or Speilberg (ET, Taken, Close Encounters, Batteries Not Included) is an alien.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ok, you're too smart for me Crakeur...

actually, you cut right to the chase. Although I implied these movies may or may not have some conspiratal connection - I myself do not believe it.

the point of this thread is simply to show how people see what they want to see (kind of like those psychiatrist butterfly folds). I believe that very fact to be the major reason for all the waffling here at ATS. I do not back any 'theory' you may have derived from my previous post. Just making a point. -abstractly so, sorry…..

still, some of you may be able to further proove my somewhat weak point....

anybody out there ever see something that COULD be subliminal?

[edit on 12-1-2005 by lost]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Geeze this sure shows I don't watch enough movies -- I haven't seen any of them other than the old Spielberg ones
I also have a feeling that if I were to see them I would just see in some cases good entertainment and in others lousy movies.

jm

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
JM, rent LA Confidential and Mystic River. Two great flicks. Man on Fire is pretty good too.

I think Lost was hoping I'd say all movies point to Rollo Tomassi as the leader of the New World Order that Helgeland is pushing.

Lost, I appreciate the compliment and I do agree that people will see what they want to see. That's why I come to these boards. I find the theories and beliefs to be very entertaining. I don't believe in many of the conspiracy theories that abound here (illuminati, nwo, 9/11) I also believe that the majority of ufo stories are complete b.s. and that guys like John Titor and Billy Meyer should be listed as entertainment.

new topics

top topics

join