It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned Thieves!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

At least half of my Amazon orders are now being delivered to my local post office by UPS and Fedex to be delivered with the mail. And they mark it delivered even though it is not at my house or in my mailbox. Did the rep you spoke with at Amazon check to see if that is the case?

STM

edit on 25-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

It always gets delivered to steps on the side of the house (that is still visible from the street).

This is clearly a wise decision.
LOL.

Well where exactly are they supposed to leave it? Or should I just leave the house unlocked for delivery people (and burglars) to come and go as they please?

I'm from UK and when I order from amazon I can have it left with a neighbour of my choice, a nearby postal office, around the back or in a garage, there is even an 'other' area where I can leave custom instruction on where to leave it if necessary.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'd be buying a small cardboard box this weekend, rigging it with a spring loaded pie thrower, and filling the pie pan with a combination of cat crap, sand burrs, the contents of a bottle of LiquidAss fart spray, and a couple containers of Theif Detection Visible Dye (same crap they use at banks for exploding dye packs to foil robbers). Set that bad boy up on your stoop Monday when you leave for work and wait to find the person in your neighborhood who stinks to high heaven, has infected sand burr wounds, and is brightly covered, then proceed to lay a thumping on them until you have your son's gift back along with anything else they own which you may wish to take possession of.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I just noticed that you posted this yesterday. They may have put it in your mailbox by now. I figure it's a fifty percent chance it is there.

STM

edit on 25-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Just wanted to pop back in here to say thanks to everyone who posted suggestions, general support and especially to those who gave me a much needed laugh.

Package never came but Amazon returned my funds and apologized.

I kinda/sorta get a little bit obsessed with things sometimes so..... since I have more vacation time saved up than I could ever use in the recent future, I took a half day to drive about an hour and fifteen minutes each way to buy the toy at the one physical store that had it in stock.

Thanks again everyone and when I have some time I'll reply to a lot of the comments.

Be well and Happy Easter (to anyone that celebrates and happy Sunday to those that don't).

edit on 25-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I kinda/sorta get a little bit obsessed with things sometimes

You're Columbo, of course you get obsessed with the details, my friend.

You ordered the gift, saw the gift was delivered, then... oh, just one more thing, failed to see the gift successfully in your hands in time for Easter, and you did what you had to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And the chuckles keep coming

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm going to have to file a police report for 'Theft by Check' soon, so I feel your pain. Sold some stuff to some people who I'd done business with previously. They paid cash for most of it and a check for the rest. Been hearing 'money order''s in the mail' for two months now after the check bounced. If they don't have the money all they have to do is return the property and I'll sell it to someone who does.

WTF is wrong with people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join