It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned Thieves!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When I was a kid I had a bicycle stolen (which I actually found later on).

In recent years I've had a pair of headphones stolen from work of all places. I've also had a few miscellaneous packages stolen from my front doorstep which of course bothered me but NOTHING like how pissed off I am right now.

This Sunday is Easter and although it is primarily a time to reflect on the resurrection and celebrate life (we're Catholics) we also enjoy the more secular parts of the holiday. You know, the baskets, egg hunting and I also use it as a time to give our son a present. Something that he has wanted for a while that is just a little bit pricier than a typical every-day toy.

There is a certain children's educational show that he is very much into for almost a year now. Every now and then we have purchased some items from this show's toy line. Since Easter is coming up I was looking to surprise him with this one particular toy he has been asking for, for FOREVER. It's not exactly the most popular toy in the world so none of the local stores have it in stock so I went to Amazon and paid for the two day shipping option.

I'll cut to the chase.... tracked the package all the way home and got that little bit of joy we all get when we see the "delivered" status. It always gets delivered to steps on the side of the house (that is still visible from the street). Guess what? SOME P.O.S. CAME BY AND STOLE IT!!!

At first I was in disbelief so I checked with the elderly couple downstairs (that often will take in a package for me because they are ALWAYS home). Nope. Not with them. I kept telling myself it was there somewhere (other side of the house or in the back yard somehow). When it was nowhere to be found and I spoke with Amazon and delivery was confirmed, at first I was a bit in shock.... then.... the RAGE

Tomorrow is Black Friday. Tomorrow is that day that, while being nailed to a friggen cross Jesus said, "Forgive them father, they know not what they do." So yes, I understand that in some light I'm making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Still, I'm only human and right now I... AM... PISSED... OFF!!!

It's not the money. It's the fact that some creep, some filthy f-----g creature was walking by and decided he was going to just go and help himself to something. Nobody would know whats in the damned box! SO THEY JUST DECIDED THEY WANTED SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE ELSE PAID FOR SO THEY TOOK IT!!!!

It's not the money that they robbed. They robbed my FOUR YEAR OLD kid from the excitement of unwrapping a package and being shockingly surprised to see the one thing he has been asking for for months! And they robbed my wife and I from enjoying watching him be surprised.

All because some random p.o.s. dirtbag piece of filth that is lower than the dog crap I wipe off my shoe decided that his pathetic life is more important than everyone elses and he was just going to help himself to a surprise Amazon box.

As I write this I'm glancing over at my son as he is trying to make a structure out of playing cards (which I will join him in doing after I finish venting).... I look at this innocent kid and then I think about that dirt bag that stole HIS stuff and my blood all but boils.

And before anyone tells me.... YES.... I KNOW that I am very lucky in so many ways. I have a great kid, a great wife, a pretty good job, even my cats are pretty great...... but THIS IS MESSED UP so please just let me vent!

To the thief: WHO THE F DO YOU THINK YOU ARE AND HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?

Final thought: The only thing that is calming me down is that I truly believe that someone that does things like this will ultimately get whats coming to them. Whether it's getting the crap beaten out of them when they are caught in the act or sharing a jail cell with Big Bubba.

Anyway, so there you have it. Some people are just dirt bags.... yet I guess we have to remind ourselves that nobody is injured, nobody is bleeding, so we should carry on ..... but yeah, I think we are allowed to be EPICALLY pissed sometimes.

[end rant]

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Can amzaon not replace it seeing how it was the delivery company they used that lost/got it stolen?
I often wonder if these drivers steal them.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

They wanted to replace the order on overnight but it's sold through a third party.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Side note: The woman at Amazon (as best as I could tell from her voice) was a bit upset about the situation. Possibly in part because she heard my kid in the background

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that happened. Not too long ago I had someone going through my trash and recycle cans looking for items to sell. You never know who looks up and down your property looking to steal something for money. One neighbor got so paranoid that he not only purchased multiple security cameras, but he registered for security. I don't blame him.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
This clip was going through my head while I read your rant. Just take out the "daughter" part and insert "Package". Anywho, I'd be pissed to. I hope you find the guy. Pull his fingernails out.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
It always gets delivered to steps on the side of the house (that is still visible from the street).

This is clearly a wise decision.
LOL.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh my Lord! You just made me laugh so hard I damn near crapped myself. Mostly because it's for a kids toy! Brilliant!

Sending that over to my better half right now.

Laughter! Sometimes it's the best medicine.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: eluryh22
It always gets delivered to steps on the side of the house (that is still visible from the street).

This is clearly a wise decision.
LOL.

Well where exactly are they supposed to leave it? Or should I just leave the house unlocked for delivery people (and burglars) to come and go as they please?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yea...what comes around goes around...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Yea...what comes around goes around...

did you sign up just to say that?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You just made me laugh so hard I damn near crapped myself.

Mission accomplished! You sorely sounded like you needed it; the laugh, not the crap.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I completely feel your justified rage. It's not the money. It's the fact that some [expletive] saw and stole something from you that would've made your whole family happy.

You're a better man than me. I'm not suggesting doing this, but in your shoes, I'd be tempted to order cheap things from Amazon, perhaps disposable vinyl gloves just for the implied threat, and stake out your house from afar. I'd at least want to know who. Then I could devise my very-chilled and completely legal retribution.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

I completely feel your justified rage. It's not the money. It's the fact that some [expletive] saw and stole something from you that would've made your whole family happy.

You're a better man than me. I'm not suggesting doing this, but in your shoes, I'd be tempted to order cheap things from Amazon, perhaps disposable vinyl gloves just for the implied threat, and stake out your house from afar. I'd at least want to know who. Then I could devise my very-chilled and completely legal retribution.

I'd also figure out a way of keeping the downstairs couple from picking up your packages as this scenario unfolds.

It would be a good idea to pre-dig the hole you need. Think tarp.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
And this is why I have security cameras. I remember when I ordered an expensive rod from Bass Pro, and the tube was empty. That pissed me off. They replaced it. Anyways, vent away, that's why we're here.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Your rant should have been all in caps.

I, too, have been a victim of the package thief. They took my double-walled Bodum espresso cups. I was really looking forward to getting them.

This theft was minor in comparison to what happened to you and your child. You only get to enjoy that experience once with your child and some selfish, thieving bastard destroyed it for you.

I don't have children. Couldn't have any due to illness. I don't know if a four-year-old is capable of understanding what happened, but there must be a way to deliver this blow gently. As a parent I'm sure you know how to do it.

I am truly sorry for you and your family.

I spent 25 years dealing with felons. They have little to no remorse. I found that the short-timers, those most like your package thief, had the least compunction about destroying someone else's happy moment.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sometime ago I got a Private Mail Box for $50 a year, they take my FedEx, UPS, USPS packages and keep them till I pick them up, they are usually open late so I get my stuff after work

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
Can amzaon not replace it seeing how it was the delivery company they used that lost/got it stolen?
I often wonder if these drivers steal them.

Amazon need to get with the times and require a signature upon delivery... instead of leaving gifts and packages with hundreds or thousands of $ or £ worth of stuff inside them just laying around.
I mean they must be the only company (certainly here in the UK) that doesn't get people to sign for the delivery.
It's a frankly terrible way to run a business.

I get that it IS without a doubt the thieves fault for stealing the stuff but in 2016, just leaving "money" laying around is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There was a period when these various delivery services did require a signature. I don't understand why they eliminated the practice except that it was a time-saving measure or laziness on the part of the deliverymen.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Fed ex etc. stopped requiring signatures because of a massive amount of complaints from people who just were not home to get their packages and had to go to the Fed-ex depot to pick them up.

You can, on Fed-ex's website, click a box that says "signature required". You can do this after you recieve your tracking confirmation from them.

You can also, while filling out addresses on delivery labels online, put a note if there's room stating something like, " leave with neighbour if not home" or " hide in..." And they'll usually comply.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Sometime ago I got a Private Mail Box for $50 a year, they take my FedEx, UPS, USPS packages and keep them till I pick them up, they are usually open late so I get my stuff after work

Same here. Love it. No more worries about jerks and thieves messing with my mail and packages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join