It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hailstorm today Okeechobee Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We had a pretty good hailstorm blow through Okeechobee Florida today. Captured some video of it and thought Id share. If you have the volume up you can hear how it pummeled my house pretty good.
Pay no mind to the fool in the video movie making is not my first job, was just trying to set the scenes! Its only a little over a minute long.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Your facial expressions are priceless!
Those hail 'balls' (?) at the end were HUGE!!!

FL is still pretty though...hell...err...hail and all!

edit on 24-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: On the blog?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hows the lake level? Drought conditions at this point?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Man...i wish we had exciting weather in London. i can remember ever single lightning storm of note that ive seen over London...that's how few we get.

The last one was about 8 months ago. That's the last time there was lighting over London. And before that was around the time comet ISON was supposed to be in the sky.

Yep...The weather in the UK is as dull as dishwater.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361

Hows the lake level? Drought conditions at this point?

Not at all. They had to actually open it up for a bit of a drain off, which of course doesn't make the folks happy down river. Kills the eco system a bit. This is the beginning of the rains from after our "Winter," but I think we are good for awhile

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Man...i wish we had exciting weather in London. i can remember ever single lightning storm of note that ive seen over London...that's how few we get.

The last one was about 8 months ago. That's the last time there was lighting over London. And before that was around the time comet ISON was supposed to be in the sky.

LOL I agree

But not everyone agrees. Recently when I got petrol the guy behind the counter was telling his young assistant - "Rain isn't like it was in the old days, this rain is weird"
I pulled him up on it and he had no reply for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Do those ice lumps damage cars?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

LOL I agree

But not everyone agrees. Recently when I got petrol the guy behind the counter was telling his young assistant - "Rain isn't like it was in the old days, this rain is weird"
I pulled him up on it and he had no reply for me.

He is probably a chemtrail believer.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Do those ice lumps damage cars?

They certainly can. I was very thankful my windshield and windows on the house didn't get smashed as I mentioned. They were hitting my front door while I was filming. Was a bit disconcerting to say the least

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Same storm soaked me just as I was leaving work here in Orlando...no hail but man it put some water down fast. Guess it's back to that season again...good ol Florida weather lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
I remember one memorable hailstorm in Oklahoma. This was just before a tornado in 2000. Several cars in several car lots (where they sell cars) had their windshields bashed in by hail.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That looked like fun. Grab a helmet and a baseball bat and you have batting practice.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We aren't done for the night yet. Seems the next round is going to hit you first, so stay warm and DRY!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That looked like fun. Grab a helmet and a baseball bat and you have batting practice.

LOL, my luck I would be the idiot that actually hit one through my windshield that the storm had been so kind to leave alone

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That is why I am knocking on wood. I got co-piloted in by God this evening. The sky behind me and along my left side was black as midnight, heading west on Southern. Where I was headed was all white clouds and bright light. Made it home with no rain, and the bright light, (sun behind the white clouds) sitting right over my house.

No hail or rain yet. It seems to have just past us by. Knock on wood.

It is common out here in these woods. I swear it is the Twilight Zone. The weather often runs completely opposite of the weather just 5 miles away.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
That is why I am knocking on wood. I got co-piloted in by God this evening. The sky behind me and along my left side was black as midnight, heading west on Southern. Where I was headed was all white clouds and bright light. Made it home with no rain, and the bright light, (sun behind the white clouds) sitting right over my house.

No hail or rain yet. It seems to have just past us by. Knock on wood.

It is common out here in these woods. I swear it is the Twilight Zone. The weather often runs completely opposite of the weather just 5 miles away.

You talking about driving or were you flying? Lol

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
Oh, I was flying alright.

Just at ground level.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What general area are you in? You near Okeechobee?

Typical Fla., moon is out now....

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: 3danimator2014
Oh, I was flying alright.

Just at ground level.

Haha

Second

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Loxahatchee.

Not the faux one, the proper one.

Cow pasture roads and in the middle of the woods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join