It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers Attempt to Kill Single-Payer Health Care in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Colorado is again "leading the nation" with a referendum to be on the November ballots.

It is for a statewide universal healthcare system !!!

But such an effort is being contrasted by an onslaught enemy campaign against.

And, none other than the famous Koch Brothers are involved with the opposition.

So, Colorado is "Leading the Nation into __________? is the question.

Good - Bad ?

What if it passes and they do it?

Could it work without major bankruptcies later?

If this would eliminate Medi.Care and Medi.Caid, how much will it cost without Federal help?

Will this system use private insurance companies as "contractors" like some states are already doing with Medi.Caid?

Interesting.

Colorado's efforts to become the first state to pass a public, universal health care system are facing stiff opposition from right-wing organizations, many of which are funded by or affiliated with brothers Charles and David Koch.

As expected, these moneyed interests are doing everything they can to stop the state from amending its constitution with a ballot referendum, Amendment 69, which would implement a statewide version of "single-payer" health care. If approved, ColoradoCare would cover every resident, regardless of employment or ability to pay. In October, organizers submitted enough signatures to put the amendment on the ballot. The vote will take place on Election Day this year.

If the opposition groups succeed, they would not only be depriving Colorado of universal health care, but also would be serving another destructive blow to single-payer activists across the country. The single-payer movement saw a similar effort in Vermont fail in 2015, and its activists were shunned by the White House during federal reform discussions in 2010.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Colorado is again "leading the nation" with a referendum to be on the November ballots.

It is for a statewide universal healthcare system !!!

But such an effort is being contrasted by an onslaught enemy campaign against.

And, none other than the famous Koch Brothers are involved with the opposition.

So, Colorado is "Leading the Nation into __________? is the question.

Good - Bad ?

What if it passes and they do it?

Could it work without major bankruptcies later?

If this would eliminate Medi.Care and Medi.Caid, how much will it cost without Federal help?

Will this system use private insurance companies as "contractors" like some states are already doing with Medi.Caid?

Interesting.

Colorado's efforts to become the first state to pass a public, universal health care system are facing stiff opposition from right-wing organizations, many of which are funded by or affiliated with brothers Charles and David Koch.

As expected, these moneyed interests are doing everything they can to stop the state from amending its constitution with a ballot referendum, Amendment 69, which would implement a statewide version of "single-payer" health care. If approved, ColoradoCare would cover every resident, regardless of employment or ability to pay. In October, organizers submitted enough signatures to put the amendment on the ballot. The vote will take place on Election Day this year.

If the opposition groups succeed, they would not only be depriving Colorado of universal health care, but also would be serving another destructive blow to single-payer activists across the country. The single-payer movement saw a similar effort in Vermont fail in 2015, and its activists were shunned by the White House during federal reform discussions in 2010.

Yep! We are going to reverse Tabor and use pot taxes. The Koch's don't stand a chance. Their name and arguments hold little to no value in Colorado.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Maybe the Koch's are just controlled opposition?

Maybe big business actually benefits from something like this?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Koch brother are no more Libertarian and Freedom loving than George Soros!

Since when do Billionaires dictate policy? (well for those of us paying attention, we all know it has been a long time)

I think we should turn a stadium into a Roman Coliseum and allow these Billionaires to fight to the death if they so choose to rule the masses by their twisted ideologies! Let's throw some politicians in with em!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The idea is to make it so everyone benefits from "something like this." That's why the controlled opposition hates it so much.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Would you say the same for Soros?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Would you say the same for Soros?

Does Soros oppose the Colorado proposal?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So how does ONE state have 'Universal Care'? I don't understand how it would work unless they eliminate all ACA, make all medical facilities one large medical group with doctors, labs and staff that are paid well, use federal dollars to supplement state funds, and what? No premiums? Small premiums? What about private practice doctors? Is this a reaction to all the marijuana sales? If it is, ALL states need to adopt the same policy to increase revenue instead of taxing us to death, literally.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The Koch brother are no more Libertarian and Freedom loving than George Soros!

Since when do Billionaires dictate policy? (well for those of us paying attention, we all know it has been a long time)

I think we should turn a stadium into a Roman Coliseum and allow these Billionaires to fight to the death if they so choose to rule the masses by their twisted ideologies! Let's throw some politicians in with em!

Yeah, I agree. I see conservatives and republicans attack Soros and those guys all day long but I rarely hear a peep about them about the Kochs. The Kochs don't have anyone's interest or well being in mind. They're about as evil as they get. It's almost to the point that if the Kochs are for or against something, I take the opposing position since I'm 100% sure that they have it in against the common average american citizen. I don't even need to know what it is. If the Koch's are against it it was be good for us. If the Kochs are for it, it must be bad for us.
edit on 24-3-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If it eliminates Obamacare with something sensible and affordable then it will be a step in the right direction. The only bad thing is that it is Colorado...the place where California refugees fled after they wrecked their own state. I find anything they do highly suspect.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's the thing.

Government programs are FOREVER.

As much as liberals push for uni care. What they don't get is there would be absolutely NO NEED.

For medicare,medicaid, and the likes of planned parenthood.

ALL three are sacred cows to them.

They don't want anyone touching them.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We keep our Californian's on fairly short leashes or in special holding areas and camps.

Like Boulder.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I hope to live in Colorado someday. Dont worry, Im from Texas.

Think im probably against fully socialized medicine. Not so much because of ideology but because i,have health issues that arent cut and dry, where docs cant pull out a book and point out a picture. This causes a lot of resistance to giving me treatments, or looking for them. Im wary of goverment getting further involved in it. Theyd probably just let me die because they cant drop me in a preset.
edit on 24-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How would Colorado PAY for this "universal health care," or, probably more to the point, WHO would pay for it. I;d be interested in some details here.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Colorado is one of the last states with sensible Republicans. This is why it's so easy to 'lead the nation' with liberal agendas. They were thinking of using pot taxes for healthcare before Obama even existed. Outside of the fact that everyone copies Colorado, good #ing luck legalizing pot to pay for healthcare in EVERY state.

The fact is Conservative media will spin our internal politics until it doesn't matter anymore. The entire MMJ movement is Anti-Alcohol. People from Colorado aren't as drunk as the rest of you, the drinking scene here is completely for tourists. It's also pro MMJ, but Anti-Smoking, with an enormous side industry that promotes 'safe medicine'.

75% of the people in Colorado have college education. We're arguably one of the smartest states per capita, and the whole nation calls us dumbass pothead hippies anyway instead(No seriously, people use this cultural fact as some kind of real evidence, when speaking about politics and things that involve Colorado).

Approaching Colorado with a traditionalist view isn't the way to depict what it's really like there. The only thing that's truly notably different from the past is the hippies have Engineering degrees, and 'the man' is a bitchy white kid with a trust fund, or his father dishing it out. Conservatives are allowed to be smart and poor in Colorado. It's way different from the rest of the country. Some find it controversial and bad, I find it to be the last Eden true Americans even have.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And of course, Colorado has a high debt....

$54 Billion in the Red

Looks like they spend more than they can take in.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Metallicus

We keep our Californian's on fairly short leashes or in special holding areas and camps.

Like Boulder.

Gonna need to build a wall they seem to have escaped and found Salida.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
How would Colorado PAY for this "universal health care," or, probably more to the point, WHO would pay for it. I;d be interested in some details here.

The answer is simple.

Create a vat like European countries do.

Raise taxes on the evil one percent.

Create new taxes like medicare capital gains surtax.

When that doesn't pay for those champagne wishes, and caviar schemes.

Rinse and repeat.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

75% of the people in Colorado have college education.

It would be very generous to call that sentence literate. Colorado does have a fairly high percentage of college graduates: 36%. Are you intentionally fudging the numbers here, or are you attempting to say, "75% of the people in Colorado have attended some college."?

originally posted by: neo96

The answer is simple.
Create a vat like European countries do.
Raise taxes on the evil one percent.
Create new taxes like medicare capital gains surtax.
When that doesn't pay for those champagne wishes, and caviar schemes.
Rinse and repeat.

I see. In other words tax the crap out of the citizens.

You DO realize that the evil 1% already pay 38% of income taxes and the bottom 50% pay 3%. Just how much is a "fair share"?
edit on 3/24/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You DO realize that the evil 1% already pay 38% of income taxes and the bottom 50% pay 3%. Just how much is a "fair share"?

I know they do., and all of the evil riches money would satisfy them.

To beat the 'enemy' one must think like them.

Funny though take from one group of people that 'didn't' earn their money to pay for another group of people that didn't earn it.

The biggest winner ?

Hospitals.

The biggest loser as you already pointed out. 'Tax the crap about of people'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join