It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian and actor Garry Shandling has died, Los Angeles police confirm; he was 66 - E! Online, TMZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, another great one gone-

RIP Mr Shandling

The 66-year-old star was not suffering from any illness, TMZ is reporting, so it appears this was sudden.

TMZ said sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ Shandling died from a massive heart attack — with no prior warning whatsoever.

A source connected to Shandling says he was healthy and speaking to people on Thursday morning.

R I P GARY

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

RIP Mr Shandling

The 66-year-old star was not suffering from any illness, TMZ is reporting, so it appears this was sudden.

TMZ said sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ Shandling died from a massive heart attack — with no prior warning whatsoever.

A source connected to Shandling says he was healthy and speaking to people on Thursday morning.

R I P GARY

Sad to see people go, especially too soon, R.I.P. Garry.

edit on 24-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You made me laugh so many times with your self-deprecating humor, and enjoyed the times when you were on the Tonight Show with Johnny C.

Rest Well and Godspeed Gary.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I enjoyed watching Garry, sad he had to leave us so soon.

RIP.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hang on, we're living longer apparently, so what the hell is happening here?

66 years old. RIP Sir, you made me laugh out very loudly, late at night during the 1990's and early 2000's.
edit on 24/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

to his bunker. Do you even conspiracy bro?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
He brought laughter to millions...a wonderful legacy which makes the world a little better place.
RIP...and thank you, Gary.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Rip Gary, you made this place a little lighter having been here.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Say it ain't so, this man was a comedy genius, and icon for stand up comics, this one is going to hurt alot of funny people out there.

Sorry i hope this is not off topic, but you guys should check garry out on seinfeld new show driving in cars with comedians, it was a good interview.
edit on 24-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I did a thread on another site about tribute concerts for fallen musicians and we all agreed, we are seriously going to miss the old guys. The world is moving on, things will never be the same and we need these old guys to tell us what's up, even if that really wasn't Shandling's thing. More self deprecating than political, at least as far as I can recall.

Maybe he's hanging with Robin Williams.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I did a thread on another site about tribute concerts for fallen musicians and we all agreed, we are seriously going to miss the old guys. The world is moving on, things will never be the same and we need these old guys to tell us what's up, even if that really wasn't Shandling's thing. More self deprecating than political, at least as far as I can recall.

You miss Dio the most don't you?

I think many of these celebs deaths can be attributed to narcotic abuse.

Of course when you have enough money, but not enough land, what else do you turn to?

If you can't hunt for kicks, then you punt for kicks.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Dio was 68, I believe, when he kicked the bucket. Hardly a substance abuser.

Keith Emerson, killed himself at 71. From depression he's suffered since the '70's.

I did say OLD GUYS, not the young folk. OLD kinda means you didn't abuse yourself. Though, in Gary Moore's case, seems he had been drinking himself into a stupor for a while.

Quite sad you have to go there. I just don't see your comments as from what I've read, this was sudden and you have no right to claim he was doing drugs.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sad to see him go was always a huge fan of this shows and specials in the 80's. This looks to be a really sad year with lots of wonderful people leave for other and better places.

Hail Hydra!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Dio was 68, I believe, when he kicked the bucket. Hardly a substance abuser.

Keith Emerson, killed himself at 71. From depression he's suffered since the '70's.

I did say OLD GUYS, not the young folk. OLD kinda means you didn't abuse yourself. Though, in Gary Moore's case, seems he had been drinking himself into a stupor for a while.

Quite sad you have to go there. I just don't see your comments as from what I've read, this was sudden and you have no right to claim he was doing drugs.

To deny that particular chapter in rock history makes you look rather silly in my opinion. Each and every rock act abuses a substance. From the Stones to the Beatles.

I don't really care about it.

It's only 'Rock 'n' roll', but I like it!!
edit on 24/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Not to derail the thread but he was looking pretty bloated in Iron Man 2, not healthy at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Ya, they meet up in the community bunker for poker & to watch the pres debates.

new topics

top topics

join