It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working on Making a Google Map..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And so..I have a weird hobby..I like to use Google Map to pin things. Not my vacation spots or places I've been..but things like underground cities and now..currently, vanishing towns/cities. It's a hobby that comes and goes..the last time I added anything to the underground cities map was in 2015.

I am currently working on mapping out mysteriously vanishing cities/towns. I'm looking for urban legends or local legends about towns disappearing overnight. I have a few that I have found, but the searches have been less than fruitful. So far, I have only found nine for some reason. I would've thought this subject matter would garner more results. But alas, it isn't going so well.
Here are the nine I've found:

1. Hell Town, Ohio
2. Herxheim, Germany
3. Gede Ruins
4. Roanoke Island
5. Village of The Dead, Lake Anjikuni, Canada
6. Demons Alley, West Milford, New Jersey
7. Audley's Town, North Ireland
8. Hoer-Verde, Brazil
9. Jeremiah's Lot

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to add a few more to the list....

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 24-3-2016 by blend57 because: Took out links..apparently they were evil

Here are the two maps..both are open for public viewing now..

Disapperaing town link (public)

Underground Cities Link (public)
edit on 24-3-2016 by blend57 because: Put in the two links..hopefully they are not evil...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think it's very important to create things like these for just about everything. It would be interesting to note things like: UFO-Spotting, Ghost Spotting, Time Slips, Black Eyed Kids, Big Foot, Yeti, and so forth, just to get a bit more of a visual representation on the statistics, as well as a potential correlation with other things such as the occurrences of these in highly religious areas, or highly secular areas, or low income areas, or anything else.

Keep up the hard work
Unfortunately I don't know of any vanishing cities.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Nice work.

No vanishing cities but I do have a Google map of stone circles in the UK if your interested.

I could dig it out and you could add it to your collection if you want?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

this is a great idea - I applaud your purpose behind this and the topic itself. Quite interesting - thank you for sharing I will be following this thread

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

And so..I have a weird hobby..I like to use Google Map to pin things. Not my vacation spots or places I've been..but things like underground cities and now..currently, vanishing towns/cities. It's a hobby that comes and goes as you can see from this map..the last time I added anything was in 2015.

I am currently working on mapping out mysteriously vanishing cities/towns. I'm looking for urban legends or local legends about towns disappearing overnight. I have a few that I have found, but the searches have been less than fruitful. So far, I have only found nine for some reason. I would've thought this subject matter would garner more results. But alas, it isn't going so well. You can find my map here.

But for those of you that would care not to click, the nine I've found are:

1. Hell Town, Ohio
2. Herxheim, Germany
3. Gede Ruins
4. Roanoke Island
5. Village of The Dead, Lake Anjikuni, Canada
6. Demons Alley, West Milford, New Jersey
7. Audley's Town, North Ireland
8. Hoer-Verde, Brazil
9. Jeremiah's Lot

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to add a few more to the list....

Thanks,
blend57

Little warning. Clicking the link may overwrite your personal Google map settings. The one that says "this map"
😣

Dabney nabbit. How many do I have to individually delete...

The other link is blocked and seeks permission from the owner first.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would love a copy of these! S&F Thanks for the cool info on helltown, where I used to live the nature reserve/park whatever that killed that town boston, ohio butted right up along the very edge of our property line. I used to hop the fence and explore into those woods all the time. Old house foundations, warehouses, car chassis, even a piano factory!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You're right. It is interesting to see them visually laid out. I'm glad you see some value in it. But, someone else is gonna have to do all those other maps..I'm good just trying to fill up the two I have going currently

a reply to: nonspecific

Interesting..stone circles? Might hit you up for that one at a later date if you don't mind..thanks for the offer!

a reply to: FamCore

Thank you for taking an interest. As I said, it is a hobby that comes and goes. Too many other hobbies to get too involved in it really. But I like to go back and read/research the links from time to time. So, it is a good way to keep track of stuff that interests me.

a reply to: Bigburgh

I am so sorry I caused you grief! I had no idea that it would do that. I do apologize..I pulled out the links, made them both public for a bit, and put them down at the bottom of the OP. Hopefully that will correct any issues and again, I really didn't mean to cause you any harm. (or your map)

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 24-3-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

No vanishing cities but I do have a Google map of stone circles in the UK if your interested.

Have you got this one?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nice work

I don't know if you heard the story of a village that disappeared overnight in China? Don't know the name but it was somewhere in the mountains. It was related to ufo's

Also remember a story of a city in India.

A question regarding the second map. I noticed you had a place mark on Madrid Spain, but it says 'Peruvian city of Cuzco'.
Is it misplaced or is there another story behind?

also the map in your op, to what is it related?

edit on 24-3-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

quick search, the Indian town is called Kuldhara
www.extranotix.com...

This was the other one www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

WwwwwAaaaaaaa! My map!
Lol... I gave up trouble shooting on my end..

Yay! Update... the on off switch finally showed on the map screen... turn off. Done. 😊

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double post... man this thread hates meπŸ˜…

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Centralia, PA wiki

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Wow..you must have had some fun there. Anything of interest/value you found while exploring? Any weird happenings or just out right creepiness?

a reply to: intergalactic fire

A question regarding the second map. I noticed you had a place mark on Madrid Spain, but it says 'Peruvian city of Cuzco'. Is it misplaced or is there another story behind?

I would think misplaced. I would have to go back and look to make sure. But those pins sometimes have a mind of their own, so...

Thanks for the two cities..I've placed those on the map and I greatly appreciate it.

a reply to: Bigburgh

Oh Gawd! Don't hate me! I had no idea! For you:

a reply to: reldra

Thank you! I remember this one comes up from time to time. I linked their website address in the google map..It shows current happenings within the town and apparently there is going to be a documentary about it coming out this year..for you

Thanks everyone! I now have a whopping: 17 towns..but that is a good start. think/hear of anymore please post them in here..

Thanks again,
blend57

Very cool website..Hashima Island just found it while searching..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I updated the last post. The on off switch for maps overlay finally popped up. Turned it off😁.
Now I can enjoy what was pinned even better knowing this.

No hate at all. I'm actually enjoying the finds. πŸ‘

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hoer-Verde, Brazil is a fascinating one. An entire village of 600 people just disappeared... leaving everything exactly as it was. Even the school lessons on the blackboard. No sign of anything taken in a hurry or any panic. Just gone...

The story of Audley's Town in Ireland has an explanation. Lady Bangor arranged for the entire village to be relocated to America, the village demolished and trees planted on the site:

oracleireland.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing, wish I had some lost cities to contribute. Centralia came to mind for me, but looks like you already have it covered

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Did you consider to ad the lost city of Atlantis?

it had to be said

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Yep..some of them are really strange. 600 people just gone..weird. I've expanded my search/pin criteria to include all abandoned/vanished towns. I wasn't having much luck with the "mysteriously gone" ones. Hopefully by doing this I can find some more of the strange and unusual disappearances though.

a reply to: charolais

Thanks, I'm glad you find it interesting. Even if you don't have a lost city/town in your head right now. If you ever come across one...send me a PM. I'll add it to the map. Usually when I'm not searching for something is when I stumble across it anyways, lol.

a reply to: intergalactic fire

Sure, I'll put Atlantis on there! You got the coordinates???

I think one of the towns I pinned is supposed to Americas version of "Atlantis" ..the Bayocean one I believe. So, I kinda did throw Atlantis in there. Funny thing is I found that one after you posted. So, it was destined to get pinned on my map

Thanks everyone..I truly appreciate the help. The map doesn't look so empty anymore because of you guys. And I'll be adding to it from time to time.

Think I'm gonna try to update the underground cities one as well..it's been awhile and I'm sure there have been more discoveries.

Thanks again,
blend57

I'll be heading out to work shortly..but I'll check in later this evening to see if there are any more responses or towns suggested to pin..thanks again!
edit on 25-3-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join