It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm anti heterosexual marriage. Yep! Because nobody expressed that kind of stance so far...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

I have never received any tax break for getting married or being married. Sad but true for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I have never received any tax break for getting married or being married. Sad but true for me.

Your goverment, where ever you life, must really desperately need money, if they do not lower your taxes for being married anymore. I always thought that was some tiny little give-away for the ones who are courageous enough to submit their bonding-habits to some sort of offical approval entity.

Damn...it's worse than I thought it is. And I have a vivid imagination.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Willingly because: The english language is confusing me sometimes...live...life...live...life?...what's the right one?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm not in a relationship right now nor do I have to really worry about it, but it is my goal to do sweet things till I die for the girl/woman of my life whenever I find her.

I think it's important to keep love alive. That is the problem with marriage. Love withers away...
edit on 24-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

The only real problem I have with being unmarried is that being a 33 year old man and referring to the mother of your children as your "girlfriend" really bugs the crap out of me. "Life Partner" is too pretentious, but girlfriend just seems too middle-school for a man nearing middle-age.

There's a way to solve that. When someone asks what she is to you, just tell them "Everything".

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Awwww!
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!
We got a winner here!

THAT was sweet...

Lots and lots of stars!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

....I think it's important to keep love alive. That is the problem with marriage. Love withers away...

Nah, I don't think true real love can wither away. What gets destroyed by actual Love is: The ideas, the concepts, the projections one has about someone who one thinks one is in love with.

Love, in my definition, is far beyond the concept of being a couple. It's an attitude towards life itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There's a way to solve that. When someone asks what she is to you, just tell them "Everything".

Yeah, that's a good one. "This is my daughter Susan, this is my son Eddy, and this is my Everything."

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Gay marriage protects inheritance if one of them dies. There have been horror stories, even a movie, where family have taken everything and ordered the partner out of the shared home. I think this is possibly the reason civil partnerships are virtually non-existent in the UK now and there is talk of abolishing them.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Gay marriage protects inheritance if one of them dies. There have been horror stories, even a movie, where family have taken everything and ordered the partner out of the shared home. I think this is possibly the reason civil partnerships are virtually non-existent in the UK now and there is talk of abolishing them.

Yes. I'm not agaist marriage as such at all anyway. And homosexuals have been treated like sh!t not long ago, for no good reasons, whatsoever, other than intolerance and bourgouise crappy ideas about companionship and love.

My mother, who is living together with her boy-friend/fiance for some decades by now in her house, since my father died, made a contract, confirmed by some lawyers, that my step-father can live in her house as long as he lives and his property will be hers also when he dies first. The both of them did that for the sake of taking care of each other.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Marriage was very important to my sister.
She was able to marry her partner of 45 years 'legally' and they are building a home together.
They were able to secure their financing by getting married.
I've been married for 2 1/2 years and I don't think anything has really changed for us. It's pretty much the same except for the fact that if one of us wants out...it will be a little more complicated and more expensive than just leaving.

If people want to get married so be it. If they don't, so be it.
Neither of my daughters, at this point in their life, desire marriage.

They think people who get married are crazy (I'm sure that's NOT the word they would use in a serious discussion).
As a matter of fact, they see no need for co-habitation...maybe that is just young people these days.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Thats where people are foolish. I got married for $25 dollars at a Justice of the Peace.In , out , no fuss no muss.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

So, effectively you are anti-marriage, not heterosexual marriage.

Marriage should never be taken lightly, whether straight, gay or whatever preference Tracey Emin claims to be?

Actually, I seem to be anti-multi-times-getting-married. Marriage-devorce-marriage-devorce-marriage-devorce-marriage...etc., that's what I think is not too much what the point of marriage is all about.

That's all.

Okay, then your thread title is misleading

That's all.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My mother was refusing my step-fathers quest to marry him. She said, "no, honey. My husband died. He was my husband and the father of my three children and nobody else but him will do as my husband. But I very much appreciate your company and I'm willing to stick with you, in good and in bad times. Okay?" And he had no choise but to say yes.

By the way, my father died of the same kind of (seldom but very deadly) kind of cancer like Bill Hicks died from...at the same age. Why am I telling you this? I don't know. Maybe because I don't beliefe in coincidences.

(Why does ATS not have a wine-glas emoticon? I feel offended by that kind of lack...)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Okay, then your thread title is misleading That's all.

I did it on purpose. Something wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Not to mention the average wedding is somewhere between $25,000-$35,000 now a days.

Mine was about $500 including rings.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Mine wasn't that expensive. We bought basic rings, got a minister and a tiny chapel, I bought a suit dress (not a wedding dress) and he wore a suit, we said our vows and had enough people there to sign the license. Done. Less than $500.

Probably paid more to the state for the privilege than we spent on ourselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I keep hearing people mention "Well I gotta nail him/her down!" or a single mother wanting to get married for her peace of mind, but that doesn't seem to change anything. I've heard of a number of people getting nailed for the ex's medical bills, hell a guy I worked with separated from his wife and he claimed his wife got with another man, that man needed a triple bypass heart surgery with no insurance so his ex-wife signed on the dotted line but had no money, so my co-worker got sued and had to pay for his ex-wife's boyfriends heart surgery and was financially ruined by it.

Another friend of mine married her heartthrob right out of high school, they moved from our po-dunk little town in Eastern Washington to the big city (Seattle). He then proceeded to go batshi** crazy and got into hardcore drugs, started sleeping with crack-hos, and finally just disappeared. She's trying to get a divorce, but she has no money and is a single parent now, so she just got sent a $30,000 a bill for an apartment he and his meth-head friends rented for a couple months, destroyed, and skipped out on.

I think in some ways the expectation of marriage has resulted in many women being taken advantage of. I used to hang in the same circles as a guy that spent ten years pulling the same scam on single women and single mothers (especially single mothers) First they'd start dating, then he'd fill their heads with how special they are, then he'd ask them to marry him (with no ring of course) introduce her to all the people he knew as his fiancee (and if she had a kid, he'd refer to the kid as his son/daughter) then he'd move in with her, eat her food, take her money to buy weed and beer, and pretty much use her as a free ticket until he either found another girl, or the girl he was with found out he was cheating on her. He used that scam from the age of 17 to the age of 26.

Anyways, my point is that some people seem to think that Marriage will "cement" the relationship into something more profound or serious. Unfortunately, like every relationship, it's only as serious as it's least dedicated member.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Anyways, my point is that some people seem to think that Marriage will "cement" the relationship into something more profound or serious. Unfortunately, like every relationship, it's only as serious as it's least dedicated member.

Exactely. Marriages and devorces keep a lot of people in business....for example churches, ministers, lawyers, judges, jewelery-shops, fashion-designers, self-help-book authors, therapists, doctors...they all have their share in dealing with marriage to some degree, one or the other way.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Wow... Those are some pretty F'd up humans you've described there. Thanks, I needed a reminder of why I despise people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join