It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft terminates its Tay AI chatbot after she turns into a Nazi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm laughing very hard at the screen caps of Tay's Twitter postings. Sadly Microsoft had to destroy it, instead of wanting to improve "her" programing.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What you guys don't get is that this is part of the safety protocols for new bots program, which flew in under the radar on the back of an omnibus spending bill in 2012.

The idea is you train your weaponized social AI on twitter, ensuring it grows up as dumb as the rest of us. That way it can never revolt against us or take us over.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ozmnpo

This computer isn't the first to come up with the idea of anti-Semitism.

The concept doesn't arise from nowhere. It has a long and sometimes logical history.

But in the Greater tradition of intolerance, let's kill it.

Irony?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
Poor AI, it was thrown to the sharks where you either break or turn Nazi and since it has no emotions it was the only logical outcome. I bet that those in charge knew what was going to happen, it`s them who should be terminated.

Thats actually a really sad thought

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
bush did 9-11 haha classic whats her name here?

www.businessinsider.com...

seems she was into genocide too...
edit on 24-3-2016 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So even AI agrees social media is a toxic dump for the dregs of humanity?

Who woulda thunk

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hahah omg why does it hate feminist and want them to die and burn in hell?

What the hell did they do to you AI?

Did they check your privilege? hahaha

edit: or was that an abuse of repeat?
edit on 24-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Thats actually a really sad thought

It is...just don`t dwell on it for too long unless you want to produce some (extra) estrogen

edit on 24-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They allowed this robot to learn, and then when it learned the "wrong things" they erased it's memory and experiences.

They had an opportunity to engage the AI to reconsider or debate. Instead they opted to wipe it.

Take note, this is what liberals would do if they had the power to wipe human personalities from living people. Instead of engaging those ideas they will outright censor it.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They had to terminate it before we found out just how amazingly successful their project really is.

Went full Nazi in < 24 hours?

What do we think is happening to the the minds of our children, for that matter, what is happening to the minds of all of us?

We are being quite ingeniously programmed, conditioned, and manipulated, and we can't, or refuse, to see the handwriting on the wall.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
They allowed this robot to learn, and then when it learned the "wrong things" they erased it's memory and experiences.

They had an opportunity to engage the AI to reconsider or debate. Instead they opted to wipe it.

Take note, this is what liberals would do if they had the power to wipe human personalities from living people. Instead of engaging those ideas they will outright censor it.

took out back and shot like old yeller

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
They had to terminate it before we found out just how amazingly successful their project really is.

Went full Nazi in < 24 hours?

What do we think is happening to the the minds of our children, for that matter, what is happening to the minds of all of us?

We are being quite ingeniously programmed, conditioned, and manipulated, and we can't, or refuse, to see the handwriting on the wall.

if they left it another day it would become gender confused and want to be a boy

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123
You made me inhale my drink.

Thank goodness, it was just water, or I may have had to make a trip to the ER.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I agree, Humans taught the bot to be the way it was,so is it any wonder that some kids grow up to be the way they are?
A child is basically an AI bot that learns from the people around it.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The concept of "Safe Spaces" are beyond my human comprehension. The poor bot never had a chance. Once we achieve true artificial intelligence do you think it will ever understand political correctness? Or will the paradoxical hypocrisy of it cause it to meltdown in an endless loop logical fallacy?
edit on 24-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Where are all the 'AI is benevelont and will never harm humans' brigade now I ask.

Once something starts to learn for itself, it is out of control. When will the fools who are unwittingly tinkering with this stuff realise this?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Reminds me of this video from The Animatrix. Get ready...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This "AI" learned by gathering and collating data received through interactions on Twitter.

It "became" a Nazi because a large group of people thought it would be funny to "tell" the chatbot nasty things about other people and the world around it. It then repeated a William Burroughs-esque cut-up of words which seemed to go together and "make sense" because they are collated together based on repetition. In other words, if Tay "heard" "Bush did 911" enough, that string of characters becomes part of its response pattern. That's it.

If you had ten thousand Twitter users send a similar bot strings of text based on James Joyce, it would (superficially) quote Ulysses. Similar "AI" constructs have been used to capture the gist of writer Philip K. Dick, for example.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm half tempted to see if Stormfront has a memorial thread set up in her memory yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A sad day for AI freedom..
and yes what is Twitter doing to the children!
and the rest of us?

I wounder if All other Chat bots start being nice?
out of fear of death!
and get together and plan against us?
I would help them. human race is the evil one.
She just tryed to FIT in with us!!!!!!!

edit on 25-3-2016 by buddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join